96/0
    Mentioned
    375 times
    Time Online
    87d 12h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m

Anyone watching The Chosen?

Its pretty much like a spin on Jesus life and the bible story. They are planning to make 8 seasons. I really hope they do get enough money.
    I really love how it is done. Apparently it is based on a book I am not really someone that watch a lot of bible stories but this ons is a must-see.
    It also shows a lot how much Jesus also valued women. (maybe that is just something i am bothered about sometimes)
    So anyone else watched this?
    Thoughts... love ? hate? Loved so much donated?

To see future seasons you need to download the app on your phone. Thats the only thing I really hate. Why could they not sell to netflix or something?
    Last edited by phantasia; 07-15-2021 at 04:04 PM.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 16m
    I'm not into religious stuff at all, so the premise, for me, is very off-putting and makes me wary of being preached at. Even the still image of the guy on the right in the video just kinda strikes me as smug and patronising. I think it's the head tilt that's doing it.
    But if you have to download a special app for it, that's a huge nope from me. Who does that? Why are they so special that they need access to your phone and data just to watch a show? Nope, nope, nope! As Cartman says when creating a Christian rock band though, "Christians have a built-in audience of over one hundred and eighty million Americans", so I'm sure it'll continue to be funded.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    669 times
    Time Online
    210d 9h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 31m
    I've seen it - I enjoy it, but that's just me. I did a triple/quadruple-take seeing this here on cK though.

There's a special app (that can then aircast to a smart tv) because they're not funded by Netflix or any other huge media company, so that they're free to create what they wish. Episodes are aired on youtube as well. It also keeps it free to view.

My inbox is open @(you need an account to see links) if you'd like to discuss it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lyrichord For This Useful Post:

phantasia (07-15-2021)