Thread: Workout Plan & Diet Suggestions?

Threaded View

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    74 times
    Time Online
    93d 2h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 6m

Workout Plan & Diet Suggestions?

Hi all, I had a few questions that some of you may be able to answer. I've been working out for 3 weeks now, as I have a acquired a belly and gained 30 pounds/~14 kgs the last year. 171 lbs is what I weigh right now, and this is the most I've ever weighed. It's also the most pain I've ever been in due to being stationary during quarantine.

For the past three weeks, I've been doing basic bridges because my hips and back are very weak. I've also been riding my stationary bike for 7-9 miles. This has seen some progress as I don't feel pain by getting on the floor to workout and I can get off the floor easily now. I do this routine every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I want to give myself rest days in between due to soreness. However, I still feel sore after the rest day in my back.

For diet I eat oatmeal before workout, then food with protein after workout and pay close attention to not eating too many calories for my height (5 ft 8 inch). Am I doing anything wrong? Does anyone have any suggestions? I know I should be seeing a doctor/nutritionist, I have a doctors appt coming up soon. I'm just wondering, in the meantime, if anyone had a similar process/can share with me how to deal with muscle soreness? I really don't want to omit today for exercise, but I don't want to exercise while still sore.

Also

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Alcremie For This Useful Post:

Zapdos (07-14-2021)