Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upgrading from lurker to poster! :)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    175 times
    Time Online
    244d 9h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 18m
    Welcome to cK, Max. You have awesome pets and hobbies! In my mind right now, your house sounds like a huge dungeon from Harry Potter.

Cool to know that you still enjoy neopets after so long! See you around the forums and do join us in the many events we have!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to xmilo For This Useful Post:

anticapital (07-09-2021)

Pronouns
    He / Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    232 times
    Time Online
    65d 14h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Hi Max!! It's always a good time when a lurker comes out of lurk mode and decides to be active! Nice to have you here, and hope to see you around too

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Shawn For This Useful Post:

anticapital (07-09-2021)

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 10h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    @(you need an account to see links) Glad you decided to come out and introduce yourself!

I always played the free games (a bunch of MMO's back in the day, and Neopets) because like you, my parents would never pay for any game subscriptions, haha.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

6. The Following User Says Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

anticapital (07-09-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    1d 2h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Wormjaw View Post
    Oooh thats so cool! I used to have some insects preserved in ethanol that I got from when I used to work at the Natural History Museum. They were just throwing the giant millipedes and scorpions away and I was like "Mine Now". LOL.. Although I have no idea where I put them... oop.

I'm jealous. I moved around a bit cause of the pandemic, so once I get more settled down in a more permanent place I plan on hunting those kinds of places down. Need bones...
    Oh rad!! I love bugs so much. I hope you find them soon. D:

You'll get them when you're ready and it'll totally be worth the wait! The local store I use is called Paxton Gate and they have a great website for that stuff, too

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nattiee View Post
    Lurker to poster, poster to FRIEND!!
    Hello & welcome

Are you a taxidermist or a collector, or both? Whatcha got in your collection?
    Just a collector. I don't know how to do taxidermy and I wonder if I'd be too squeamish. I'm not sure if I would be or not. I haven't had the chance to try it out.

I'm not in my room now so off the top of my head things that I've purchased are springbok skull, domestic cat skull, red fox skull, a cool metal lamp with a coyote skull on it, a preserved field mouse, uhhhh. I'm missing things but I can't think of it.

Things I've found and cleaned / decomposed and cleaned are a few rats, a good bit of an elk skeleton including the skull, some femurs / leg bone things (which seriously make great home protection weapons because they're huge and have like hip socket balls at the end and one good hit to the face will very seriously shatter bones), a random animal ribcage that I still have to clean that I've been lazy about, I have my roommates crested gecko decomposing underground, a bird decomposing as well, and I forgot a racoon I buried at my last house that I definitely can not go get hahaha. And I'm sure other stuff I'm forgetting.

And things I've been gifted and didn't have to do stuff to are a bull skull, very weathered bear skull, very weathered elk skull, and a cow skull in good condition. It has a hole in it's head from the uhh no country for old men stabby pressurized thing they use to kill cattle and stuff haha. A friend got it from a friend and passed it on to me. And a taxidermy bird that I don't know what it is and it's beak it open so it looks like it's making a :o face. I named her Gertrude hahah.

I also have a mounted buck head that wasn't in great condition when I bought it but I dyed it and painted the antlers and shit. He was Elliot, now he's Helliot because he's all black and his antlers are black and slightly sparkly. He's bad ass and looks SO MUCH BETTER. If I can figure out how to upload a picture I will haha. All of my friends want him. He isn't hung up though beacuse I'm renting a 1901 house with lathe and plaster and I'm terrified of screwing up the walls and doing a lot of damage hahah.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xmilo View Post
    Welcome to cK, Max. You have awesome pets and hobbies! In my mind right now, your house sounds like a huge dungeon from Harry Potter.

Cool to know that you still enjoy neopets after so long! See you around the forums and do join us in the many events we have!
    Thanks! Happy to be a part of it. Hopefully I can get some good neofriendships going haha. And I love that that's what my room is compared to haha

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by j03 View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) Glad you decided to come out and introduce yourself!

I always played the free games (a bunch of MMO's back in the day, and Neopets) because like you, my parents would never pay for any game subscriptions, haha.
    Thanks me too!

I miss MMOs but I don't think I'd enjoy them like I used to anymore. Plus I feel like the genre has slowly been dying out.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anticapital For This Useful Post:

Nattiee (07-09-2021),Wormjaw (07-09-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/0
    Mentioned
    407 times
    Time Online
    122d 6h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    54m
    Hi max and welcome out of lurking!

You seem to have largely the same "neo history" as me:
    • Playing neo since 2000? Check
    • Consistently up untill 2012? Check
    • Returning after a long(ish) hiatus? Check
    • Coming out of lurking at CK? Check
    • Love to restock? Check

My parents never wanted to pay for games or even let me spend on games either except for the gameboy and it's successors (don't ask me the why on that distinction, parents can be weird).
    To this day it seems to have shaped me as i still rarely spend on games so hence i'm still on/back to playing neopets (also playing Genshin impact; free action RPG with gacha mechanics and some online multiplayer mechanics).

Cool interests you have too. If only my girl wouldn't be freaked out by bugs, bones and the likes. I had a decent collection of preserved bugs (on formaldehyde or dried) and small animals (formaldehyde) and also some cleaned bones of small animals (mouse, mole, rats, about 25 different birds and one snake skeleton even that i got gifted). had to let go though as she was way too squeamish about it so they now reside with a friend of mine (the lad is still single and can do whatever he pleases).

Hope to see you around the forum a lot more from now on

Ruygi
    Endlessly indebted to (you need an account to see links) for this cute adoptable and Ruygi and mario on my avatar!!
    Forever thanking (you need an account to see links) for the tweaked background and custom userbar on my profile
    Perpetual gratitude to (you need an account to see links) for the custom "super mario 1 up" userbar on my avatar
    In ultimate awe of (you need an account to see links)animation and art skill on my current avatar background, the animated
    super mario custom userbar and tying it together with the one from (you need an account to see links)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    449 times
    Time Online
    64d 11h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Hey Max, welcome to ck! Glad to see you came to the posting side (:

I really love P5 too! I played vanilla once (mostly because I loaned it + the ps3 from a friend), but I played Royal a lot and I just got myself Strikers for my birthday last month! I just finished the first jail and I'm not sure what I think about the game so far, it's really different but also feel kinda empty compared to Royal/vanilla? I heard it's getting better though so I'm looking forward to it!

(you need an account to see links)

(you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)
    I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶k̶a̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶b̶a̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶!̶ I GOT IT!!!

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    103 times
    Time Online
    60d 16h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Hey there, Max. I'm happy about your upgrade.

Waddy's photo is amazing!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    155 times
    Time Online
    51d 6h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    Bit late to the party (which is usual) but I wanted to say welcome to ck, Waddy is adorable (sorry for your loss) but I also REALLY wanted to say I absolutely totally love how you named your snake Kitty. That is fantastic.

I hope you enjoy ck, the community is really great, I promise!

Pronouns
    she/her/hers
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    1d 6h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Hi @(you need an account to see links), how are you comrade? Waddy seemed so special, I can't wait to see more of you, Noah, and Kitty too! Take care.