Thread: Lockdown and Corona getting you down.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    96/0
    Mentioned
    375 times
    Time Online
    87d 11h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m

Lockdown and Corona getting you down.

I thought I would create a ranting board for all those that just need to vent about how this virus is getting you down.

I am a wedding and event photographer.
    Last sunday our president decided no more gathering all events canceled for at least the next 2 weeks.
    So that means the 6 event I had this weekend is all canceled. So that basically my salary for half the month just gone.
    So let me just not panic. I understand its lives v livelihoods but darm at a point taking away livelihoods is taking away lives.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    3d 19h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I know it's not going to pay your bills but sending you *hugs* xxx

I completely understand your situation as I have friends and colleagues who were made redundant; some of them have to close down their business and file bankruptcy due to the pandemic. I am lucky enough to be a key worker in the healthcare sector hence my job is secured. But even so, I felt mildly depressed for the first time in my life (I am a very happy-go lucky, laidback, independent person) due to the lack of social interaction during the multiple national lockdowns. (I live by myself in my own house)

Have you thought about branching out your skills - perhaps running online workshops/ or perhaps doing food ad photoshoot for restaurants/ online boutique shops (?)

ლ ( ¯ ロ ¯ " ლ )

Thanks carrottea for the gay userbar ^^
    Thanks lyrichord for the adorable userbar ٩(♡ε♡)۶

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    73 times
    Time Online
    92d 1h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 6m
    I'm sorry that happened. Is your government/country at least compensating the population with relief checks?

It's not the virus per se that's aggravating me about the whole thing. It's about how people react to it. I've seen a lot of selfishness and suffering and I just wish people would be more caring about each other. People need help and I don't think they're getting enough. I hope you find a way to gain some of your salary back.