Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    11d 5h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m

How to make friends

Hi everyone

Appreciate that this must sound super sad and desperate, but I'd really like to make some friends on here. I constantly lurk the boards but too nervous to post most of the time. Lots of you have been super lovely when I have posted. I'd just really like some friends that I can talk neo/life with.

Apologies if this is wrong platform/board. Just wanting to feel less lonely haha

Thanks for reading

EDIT:

So sorry that this comes across as super sad. I've just read through a lot of threads here and think you're all super lovely and would love to make friends with some people
    Last edited by starsandmoon; 06-27-2021 at 06:03 PM. Reason: clarification
    userbar made by the amazing (you need an account to see links)

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to starsandmoon For This Useful Post:

Aero (06-29-2021),Bea (06-27-2021),Buizel (06-27-2021),Clefairy (07-23-2021),Ice (06-28-2021),Nattiee (06-27-2021),padfoots (06-27-2021),SpongeBob (06-28-2021)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    155 times
    Time Online
    51d 6h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    I also don't know how to make friends and have just kind of lucked into the ones I have. I'm also really bad at communication sometimes. That being said, if you don't mind someone who sometimes ghosts for a period of time (its a me thing, not a you thing) I'd love to be friends!

I love your username and picture, btw!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goddammit For This Useful Post:

Ruff (06-28-2021),starsandmoon (06-28-2021)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    49/0
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    11d 5h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Goddammit View Post
    I also don't know how to make friends and have just kind of lucked into the ones I have. I'm also really bad at communication sometimes. That being said, if you don't mind someone who sometimes ghosts for a period of time (its a me thing, not a you thing) I'd love to be friends!

I love your username and picture, btw!
    I'm so bad at communication lol! Real life or a voice call I guess I'm great. When it comes to typing, I've always been such a lurker. I'd really love to be friends with you! Thank you so much for replying to my thread. It means the world to me

EDIT: ah thank you for the lovely complement! my username is from my love of the stars and moon. i have them tattooed on me i love them so much. the amazing lyrichord made my userbar, whenever I look at it i am in love! It's so beautiful

6. The Following User Says Thank You to starsandmoon For This Useful Post:

Lyrichord (06-27-2021)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    155 times
    Time Online
    51d 6h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    I'm just bad at it all lol Basically if you don't live with me and you aren't my IRL best friend, it's a toss-up on if i answer calls/texts/fb messages. I'm trying to get better about it though.

And no worries! I know that it can be hard joining a new forum with no friends and it's not like this is a forum you can really direct other friends to, unless you know 100% that they're safe.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Goddammit For This Useful Post:

starsandmoon (06-28-2021)

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    426 times
    Time Online
    122d 11h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 1m
    I think that several here we do not know how to make friends hahaha I do not think this is sad, I think you are cute so let's be friends ♥

Pixie♥ ~
    Hatched 11/13/2020
    Chibi Grey Faerie by ♥ Wooloo ♥

(you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)
    Both Grey Pixel Pixie by the Honeycomb

my ubs by Lyrichord

Ryupocalypse 07-15-2021
    Grey love faerie by Houndoom

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreyFaerie For This Useful Post:

Goddammit (06-27-2021),starsandmoon (06-28-2021)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    49/0
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    11d 5h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Goddammit View Post
    I'm just bad at it all lol Basically if you don't live with me and you aren't my IRL best friend, it's a toss-up on if i answer calls/texts/fb messages. I'm trying to get better about it though.

And no worries! I know that it can be hard joining a new forum with no friends and it's not like this is a forum you can really direct other friends to, unless you know 100% that they're safe.
    Hahah I'm the exact same. My cousin rang me yesterday and I was like "Yeah don't want to speak right now but I'll ring you tomorrow". I'm trying to get better also

It's definitely hard, but I do really love this forum. It's so silly, but I've found myself going back to super old posts on the "
    Who or what about Neopets gets under your skin?" and just reading through all the comments out of pure interest (for example, I can't remember her name now but the person who always has UC pets and gets away with it from Tony P lmao - from Canada) !

I just love how lovely this whole community is! Everyone is so welcoming, thank you for the friend request!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreyFaerie View Post
    I think that several here we do not know how to make friends hahaha I do not think this is sad, I think you are cute so let's be friends ♥
    You are an angel sent down from the heavens so lets be friends please ♥ Thank you so much for the friend request you are so lovely

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    134/0
    Mentioned
    96 times
    Time Online
    64d 4h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Hi there @(you need an account to see links)
    I also feel like im not overly great at making friends online, it takes me a while for me to come out my shell but everyone on here is so nice and welcoming i feel like ive known people all my life, everyone is so easy to talk to.

I would be more than happy to become friends no one i know in RL goes on neopets anymore they all grew out of it but ill still be logging on when im 100 and bedridden!
    And i agree with goddamnit your avatar is beautiful ♥ and dont ever think its sad/desperate it certainly isn't! #sendingvirtualhugs

But the most important thing is, even if we’re apart
    I will always be with you

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bea For This Useful Post:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    70 times
    Time Online
    31d 5h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m
    Hiya!

I want to be friends too ;^;
    Just someone to talk to about Neopets (or life) would honestly be great. I don’t really know how to express myself online so it’s hard to make friends.

What do you enjoy about Neopets? I personally am obsessed with customization and collecting

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Valia For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    49/0
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    11d 5h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bea View Post
    Hi there @(you need an account to see links)
    I also feel like im not overly great at making friends online, it takes me a while for me to come out my shell but everyone on here is so nice and welcoming i feel like ive known people all my life, everyone is so easy to talk to.

I would be more than happy to become friends no one i know in RL goes on neopets anymore they all grew out of it but ill still be logging on when im 100 and bedridden!
    And i agree with goddamnit your avatar is beautiful ♥ and dont ever think its sad/desperate it certainly isn't! #sendingvirtualhugs
    Thank you so much for the message Bea! You have such a kind heart and soul and I'd love to be your friend

Thank you for reassuring me that this isn't sad haha. Took a lot of dutch courage to post this, I've been online every day for over a month now just lurking. And I think every single one of you is super lovely!

Quote Originally Posted by Valia View Post
    Hiya!

I want to be friends too ;^;
    Just someone to talk to about Neopets (or life) would honestly be great. I don’t really know how to express myself online so it’s hard to make friends.

What do you enjoy about Neopets? I personally am obsessed with customization and collecting
    Hello lovely! First of all. I love your userbar and signature! It's a such lovely colouring and theme.

When it comes to Neopets, it's such a nostalgia feeling for me. I always loved collecting Avatars. I have a gallery now called "home", which I have all of the items that look sad or grey or dismantled etc, and I've put them in a gallery so they feel loved and at home haha.

I've started to love customization, but I don't know where to start really! I have loads of stuff in my closet from my 12 year old account, but I feel like everything looks stupid hahah. I'd love to see some of your customs to get some tips!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to starsandmoon For This Useful Post:

Bea (06-27-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    33d 5h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    I don't think this is sad at all!! I'm exactly the same way haha I dunno how to approach people bc I'm shy n nervous, honestly I think you making this board was a confident move ^^ your avatar and matching user bar are gorgeous!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to glittery For This Useful Post: