22/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    3d 19h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    So glad someone made this thread

I am not usually a big LGBTQ film junkie as most of them are quite tacky BUT Pose has been hands-down my most favourite: the history behind it, excellent acting skills from the cast, nail-biting plot and kept me on edge all the time!

ლ ( ¯ ロ ¯ " ლ )

Thanks carrottea for the gay userbar ^^
    Thanks lyrichord for the adorable userbar ٩(♡ε♡)۶

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    3d 11h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    If anyone can rec any where the two lovers don't die I would love u omg.

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    36 times
    Time Online
    33d 19h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    SCREAMS about BLY MANOR
    watch it..also it's horror

Pronouns
    lmao who cares
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    23d 11h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I think the only one that's specifically LGBT that I adore is "Pride". It's such a beautiful, wholesome movie that sends a really great message. Makes me cry every time I watch it. Oh, and GREAT casting too!!

EDIT: Forgot, I also really love "The Way He Looks" which is about two boys who fall in love, one of whom is blind. Had to watch it for a class in college but it truly is adorable. It's in (Brazilian) Portuguese btw.
    Last edited by Crow; 11-18-2021 at 09:39 PM.

^^ Thanks to Menine for the icon & Gremlin for this userbar!

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    404 times
    Time Online
    83d 7h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 9m
    Haven't seen many but I do remember a funny one called D.E.B.S., the villain coming clear because falling in love with her fair honest antagonist (though lucy wasn't really a villain, she just wanted to rock and live cool and hey she spreads diamonds!). I really liked this one ^^

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    44d 4h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Omg how am I only just seeing this thread. Full disclosure I BARELY watch movies so it's been ages for all of these and the memories are kind of faint, but this is what comes to mind (that haven't been mentioned - shoutout to Carol my beloved)

Don't be fooled by the poster it's devastating. It's in Portuguese so if you don't speak that you'll need subs, but 10/10 worth it

Very strange and often uncomfortable but I liked it a lot. What's cool is that I wasn't actually rooting for the relationship - it's refreshing to see different kinds of stories be gay

Not the most LGBT but it's got definite queer energy, one actual kiss, and past that it's just like, nuts (in a fun way but also very dramatic). Additional queer points for reviving my crushes on both Blake Lively and Anna Kendrick.

This movie doesn't explicitly say the characters are gay but only out of cowardice (and/or bc it was 1991). It's a gay story about gay people and that is true and obvious in an iykyk way

Full disclosure I saw this movie at a festival and Julianne Moore and Elliot Page were there and took questions after the screening, so while my memory of it is good that's def coloured by excitement for the situation overall and I honestly forget how much I like the movie itself. Warning it is in the Terminal Illness category

This one didn't come to mind right away because it's less about romantic relationships and more about high school kids running around and being chaotic, but one of the main characters is gay & it's not like made a problem ever, which is nice to see

Gonna have to watch a bunch of the others mentioned here! Always need more gay media.

thank you for the gay rights peo ♥ @honeycomb ♥

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Druid For This Useful Post:

alenka (06-03-2022),dustyc (06-03-2022)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    11d 6h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    The movie "I Love You Phillip Morris" is both amazing and hilarious.

(you need an account to see links)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    22h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    First, really excited to add a bunch of movies to the watch list...

Second, The Birdcage is definitely a classic up there, and before I knew anything about my own queerness, let me see not only that there were others like me, but that they could just... have a normal life, that included fighting. Just like anyone else. It was kind of an eye opener to a weird immigrant teenage me, haha.

I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet, but Love Simon was really cute. I never saw the one that came after, but the original was definitely a cute heartfelt watch.

For the last, I know its on everyone's rip apart list, but I've only been able to watch Brokeback Mountain the one, first time. I've never been able to bring myself to watch it since, both because of Heath Ledger, but also because of how hard I cried at the end, and how despondent it made me for days. I'm not happy that its the go-to joke movie, because the story was beyond any of my ability to put into words. I just remember sitting at my desk crying for hours after watching it, and I hate that it got the rep it did, just because it got as popular as it did.

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    36d 13h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    "Crush" recently came out on Hulu, it's a cute high school romcom focusing on the confusing feelings around the lesbian main character's crushes. Not the most prestigious film of course, but it wasn't that bad compared to some of the other high school movies I've seen produced by streaming platforms!
    Custom Userbar made by (you need an account to see links)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    31d 15h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    51m
    Rocky Horror and Hedwig are so close to my heart.

Can I also recommend the pro shot of the National Theatre's version of Angels in America (or the old mini series, but that's not as powerful imo.

There is also the pro shot of the musical Falsettos, which I adore:

- - - Updated - - -

Rocky Horror and Hedwig are so close to my heart.

Can I also recommend the pro shot of the National Theatre's version of Angels in America (or the old mini series, but that's not as powerful imo.

There is also the pro shot of the musical Falsettos, which I adore:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2Txdb931zs