DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    10d 7h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    BOTW2 should be amazing! I'm excited to see how the game develops between now and "2022"(aka 2023 lol).

I'm personally excited for the remixed Mario Party. That should be a lot of fun with online matches.

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    54d 10h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    Quote Originally Posted by starsandmoon View Post
    You've took the words right out my mouth.

I didn't even play the previous Animal Crossing games, but I absolutely feel everyone's pain for the lack of content! I've watched playthroughs of New Leaf and City World, and it just seems a lot more.. full? Is that the right word!
    I think that might be a good way to describe it? Haven't played ACNH in a while, but one of my main gripes is that Nooks' shop only upgrades once. Previous games had the shop upgrading multiple times, growing in size and selection as the player upgrades their house+buys more from the shop. (as of now in ACNH, the max is 4-5 depending on upcoming holidays. In previous games it was 6-7)

A lot of people have also reached their "stopping point" with island/house renovations. This especially applies to time travelers (I swear I'm not dissing, idc how people collect things /cries) and people who were doing item/villager exchanges online. Some of my friends have even restarted the game because they had nothing left to do!

The updates have been cool and fun, but I also agree with some ppl that some features should have been in the game from the start. I kinda understand Nintendo's approach, but AC's biggest draw is also its biggest weakness: You can do and become whatever you want in the game, but what happens after you've done it all?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Autobot For This Useful Post:

N A N O (06-15-2021),starsandmoon (06-15-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    10d 7h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by Autobot View Post
    I think that might be a good way to describe it? Haven't played ACNH in a while, but one of my main gripes is that Nooks' shop only upgrades once. Previous games had the shop upgrading multiple times, growing in size and selection as the player upgrades their house+buys more from the shop. (as of now in ACNH, the max is 4-5 depending on upcoming holidays. In previous games it was 6-7)

A lot of people have also reached their "stopping point" with island/house renovations. This especially applies to time travelers (I swear I'm not dissing, idc how people collect things /cries) and people who were doing item/villager exchanges online. Some of my friends have even restarted the game because they had nothing left to do!

The updates have been cool and fun, but I also agree with some ppl that some features should have been in the game from the start. I kinda understand Nintendo's approach, but AC's biggest draw is also its biggest weakness: You can do and become whatever you want in the game, but what happens after you've done it all?
    The stopping point wall is a big thing. That's the common theme that I see on Reddit. Most people are simply at that 'point' where there is not much to do. I hope the developers can learn from this for the next game in the 30s lol. Or maybe we will get a rerelease of the older games(maybe....pipeline dream).

What I found interesting is how universally disappointed the AC community is after the direct. Everyone seemed to have either low or no expectations and Nintendo ignoring the franchise was a major gut punch. What is concerning is how this AC game was A LOT of players first introduction to the series and the impacts of the disappointment could be pretty big.

Alas - I'm still annoyed since ACNH is unfinished compared to nearly every other AC game. I'm contemplating booting up the OG Animal Crossing and reliving the nostalgia of having villagers yell at me.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to morecoffeepls For This Useful Post:

Autobot (06-15-2021)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    112/0
    Mentioned
    114 times
    Time Online
    28d 16h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Just saw the BOTW 2 trailer, ahhh I can't wait! I thought the G&W was cool, but those games are already on my 3DS...
    So glad to see Danganronpa coming to switch, we need more VN games on there!!!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    10d 7h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m

For those excited about the new Mario Party game - here is some gameplay from yesterday. The game DEFINITELY looks like N64 era gameplay. This makes me incredibly excited for the release.

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    711 times
    Time Online
    353d 19h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 11m
    in regards to Animal Crossing, we already know Nintendo has more content to share since they've been slowly and assuredly releasing content that was revealed in that leak for over a year now lol. And coming from NL and the Gamecube game (but mostly NL), that game was somewhat bare bones when it released on the 3DS as well and updates are what made it as huge and expansive as it is now. Granted, idk why they're taking their sweet time not only releasing content we know they are already planning to do, but also not releasing at least QOL improvements such as multi crafting and the likes.

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon
    (you need an account to see links)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

Autobot (06-16-2021)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    54d 10h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittany View Post
    in regards to Animal Crossing, we already know Nintendo has more content to share since they've been slowly and assuredly releasing content that was revealed in that leak for over a year now lol. And coming from NL and the Gamecube game (but mostly NL), that game was somewhat bare bones when it released on the 3DS as well and updates are what made it as huge and expansive as it is now. Granted, idk why they're taking their sweet time not only releasing content we know they are already planning to do, but also not releasing at least QOL improvements such as multi crafting and the likes.
    To it's credit, ACNH at least lets you keep your villagers no matter how long you stop playing, which is honestly what this series needed from Wild World onward since it makes it easier to take breaks from the game. I refuse to play ACNL again because I'm scared Drago is gone

The additions since its release were bomb (especially since they're free, unlike other games) but I was speaking from like... an overall POV? A lack of activities on "perfected" islands is personal problem and a game problem imo, people need to reevaluate and think of new goals/projects, but the extent to which that is done is based on the game, if that makes any sense???

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Autobot For This Useful Post:

Buizel (06-16-2021),My name is Yoshikage Kira (06-16-2021)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    4d 12h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Not me thinking we would’ve gotten a new content patch for new horizons…

Square Enix’s presentation was disappointing, I absolutely loathed that they spent 15 minutes talking about Guardians of the Galaxy then less then showed a minute of FF & Trials remaster footage before heading back to talk about Black Panther. Marvel absolutely had to have paid SE out the ass for this, bummer. Not a fan of Strangers of Paradise, it’s just so uncanny compared to the rest of the FF franchise — even XV managed to be a good modern take. I know from the demo you’re able to change jobs for the characters, of course, but it’s wack how they look like they come from three completely different genres and their names are out of place to me too lol

Nintendo’s always been pretty solid, there’s a lot that I wasn’t expecting and had been pleasantly surprised to have seen! I’m surprised at how well of a presentation Microsoft put out, a lot of people have been praising it on social media… I gotta admit, that Xbox fridge does look pretty cool.

I know that COVID has really stunted development all around so I’m not going to be too critical about this year’s E3 as we should be more appreciative of receiving information about games that we weren’t entitled to and understanding of the hardships we’ve gone through in the past year.