3/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    10h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by anfitria View Post
    These teas look great. I love sweet teas. The ones I drink here in Brazil (Cookies and Banoffee) are made from green tea.
    Yes! You're probably talking about capim cidreira (it has several names here in Brazil like capim cidreira, erva cidreira or capim santo). It's a great tea, with an amazing aroma.
    I wonder how the green tea flavoring pairs with the sweetness of the 'dessert' combinations... I like that they mellow out some of the strongness of the black teas.

Ah yes capim cidreira, I wasn't sure about the exact name! I was told about it by a Brazilian exchange/visiting student during my uni days, and she wasn't sure about it 100% either. It seems so interesting, I'd love to try it one day. (As well as yaupon tea and Greek mountain tea (sideritis)... I'm curious about these sorts of 'natural' varieties.)

Pronouns
    she/her/hers
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    1d 6h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    I actually started growing my own mint and lavender to make teas with. But I've been so lazy and haven't gotten around to actually making any yet XD At least the lavender is pretty ;P Ooo never heard of Celestial. Gonna have to give it a google :p
    Loooool @ raw dogging tea. I'm super impressed that you're growing your own herbs! I realize that many of them are weeds but admittedly, I've still killed mint

I love a good mint or chamomile tea. I need the bean juice, aka coffee, to survive but I can only drink so much before I have heart palpitations (not literally) so I opt for an herbal tea, but I'm not a fan of stuff like hibiscus, I think I over-steep it and it's super bitter.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    4d 13h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    uh. Cidreira is always a must!

Love tea!!! Drink it everyday, like every kind.
    The ones I drink the most must be the spiced tea by Palaquin, (instant) milk tea by Xingyue, or black tea by Ahmad.

It's nice to see everyone's favourites.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    1d 15h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Earl grey and English breakfast tea are the best hot teas IMO. In the south we drink a metric ton of sweet tea, myself included, but I also enjoy those bottled cold unsweet green teas that you'd find in a japanese joint. I'd really love to go to the middle east and try some of those Persian teas, seems like it'd be a whole experience.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    38d 23h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m
    Have just been enjoying genmaicha as a summer morning tea! I love roasted rice, but I enjoy my tea a little bit milder than you'd typically find at a Japanese restaurant do that I can actually taste the popcorn taste and the green tea taste together.

userbar by the delightful (you need an account to see links)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    11d 6h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I've been on a Thai tea kick lately. Good quality dry tea, plus condensed milk, ice, and homemade boba. I really need to cut back on how often I'm drinking it but it's sooo good

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cookie Tray For This Useful Post:

kittyray (08-03-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    7d 14h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I am loving all the homebrew tea discussions. I've been growing mint, basil and lavender myself and have been brewing my own fresh leaf + bud teas with them since lockdown started.

If you have the weather to grow the herbs, its actually really easy and very low maintenance. If you need to grow them at a window or indoors they are easy to accidentally kill. You also need to have a healthy population of ladybugs in your garden too - if you don't have the ladybugs then your herbs will more than likely be full of scales, aphids and mites.

I've killed mint and basil herbs in the past due to pest issues, and since then I've started growing plants that give ladybugs a habitat and it's worked wonders! No more neem oil needed.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to aaronsd For This Useful Post:

Cookie Tray (08-04-2021)