DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    93d 8h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 34m
    YES, TEA!!! I'm a big tea lover, I can't really drink that much coffee because it's a big nono for my stomach so, instead of the usual morning coffee I start my days with a cup of Green Tea. I recently discovered that Twinings has different types of Green Tea, like GT with Jasmine, Mint and Lemon and it's the best thing ever!

I also really like what we call "Tisanas", which if I'm not wrong, it's called Herbal Tea and they basically sell you dehydrated fruit, like berries, kiwi and strawberry and you can make hot or cold tea with them and they're absolutely delicious and now I need one XD.

There is no trash cannot, only
    TRASH CAN

Special thanks to lyrichord for the amazing userbar avatar & honeycomb for the cutest drawing!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    134/0
    Mentioned
    96 times
    Time Online
    64d 4h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Im a PG Tips girl all the way, i dont think my Monkey will be happy with me if i tried a different brand, haha!
    Although i do like a Green Tea now and again, and your Magic Hour Tea sounds magical, i might have to try and get my hands on some of that!

(you need an account to see links)
    You, Me and a Cuppa PG
    Cheers!

But the most important thing is, even if we’re apart
    I will always be with you

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bea For This Useful Post:

Ember (06-10-2021),♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (06-10-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    70 times
    Time Online
    31d 5h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m
    Pure tea girl, coffee literally kills me and I get stomach cramps.

I don't use tea bags but tea leaves, specifically the Taiwanese tea leaves.

Also, my best friend is a herbologist so he has glass jars full of different tea leaves and herbs. Whenever I go over I can tell him what I want (e.g. "break up tea", "throat tea") and he'll mix it up for me!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    38d 23h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    I actually don't drink coffee (3-6 times a year max! and we definitely dont have any in the house), so I drink truly, horrendously copious amounts of tea. I do 4-5 cups of green (typically a genmaicha of some kind and David's Tea Vanilla Oolong) and then do a herbal detox tea and finally a cup of passionflower or valerian tea before bed.

In winter I do a lot more Earl Grey (anything will do!) with some vanilla almond milk or milk and honey!

Some of the best teas that I've ever drunk include Blanc & Rose from Mariage Frères (super fancy French brand) and a gyokuro straight from a grower in Japan.

userbar by the delightful (you need an account to see links)

*hair toss*
    Pronouns
    She/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    402 times
    Time Online
    82d 2h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    47m
    When I was in college, I got really into loose leaf teas, so (you need an account to see links) was my go-to for excellent, fresh loose leaf teas! (I am not a sponsor lmfao.) You can make your own, but I always favored the fandom teas. I like a nice strong black tea, and every four years, they do a VERY STRONG, STIFF Scottish tea (it's so malty omfg) for the leap year! It always stains my teeth!

My favorite is a spearmint tea, though. I really feel like you can't go wrong with a black tea with a hint of spearmint. It's crisp, dry, and a bit fruity.

My favorite bagged brand is formerly called uhhhh "Plantation Mint" (excuse the racism), but they (you need an account to see links) (Yay!) It's not overly sweet, and you don't get the "Icebreakers spearmint" flavor that I find in a lot of teas, if that makes sense.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Flordibel For This Useful Post:

Lyrichord (06-11-2021)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    134d 11h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 3m
    Crap sorry guys! I didn't know where this thread went lmao. Let me catch up on posts!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dot View Post
    Some of my family is from the UK, and whenever we go visit them I have like... 8 cups of English tea a day and end up all jittery. My favourite teas are all variations of black and green tea:
    • Black tea with lots of milk and sugar (either English tea or thr Japanese royal milk tea variation. Sooooo good!!!!)
    • Pure black tea with lots of sugar
    • Green tea (Hot or cold)
    • Matcha

The highlight of my tea drinking adventures was attending a tea ceremony in Kyoto, Japan, where the Japanese tea ceremony was "invented" and made popular. So relaxing and really calms your mind!

I don't do fruit teas. Herb teas can be okay, but I'd rather not.
    Ugh so jealous! I've wanted to try traditional Jaoanese ceremonial tea for so long! I'm a black tea drinker myself but I can't do any of the sweetness. I just went through an entire pot myself lol. I love this new tea pot I just got!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    I'm a big tea drinker! I'll have a cup or two of PG Tips each day as I'm sat at my desk, and if I really want to spoil myself, a cup of Twinings Rose Garden. I enjoy a cup of Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime occasionally as a wind-down tradition too! I also have a gigantic cylinder of Monkey-picked Oolong from Teavana which I steep in a classic iron teapot and serve in small iron cups for extra pomp.
    I want to try more teavana tea but it's so expensive! I say that as I just spent literally like 50 dollars on some kickass tea in a dark apothecary jar XD I'd love an actual tea set. With those double walled cups I keep seeing around. I gotta give oolong another chance. I tried it once and it tasted like butt lol. But a lot of people seem to like it!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by teslagirl View Post
    I'm a "Coffee until Noon", "Tea until midnight" kinda person.

I found an exceptional vendor of quality nerd/geek/fandom teas so now anything less is swill. The are called "Tea and Absinthe" (you need an account to see links)

They have wonderful teas. My current favorites are "Starry Night" (Almond / coconut Black tea), Strawberry Bento Green Tea, and TARDIS Nine - Fantastic! (lemon, spiced Rose-hip, Ayurvedic herb tea).

I usually see them at GenCon or other Cons, but they also ship so I always have a tin or two at home .
    I went to NY comic con a few years ago and never saw them! Dang I totally would have bought some tea! I did get to meet Tom Kenny though and got him to sign a cel from SpongeBob My inner child was screaming lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bea View Post
    Im a PG Tips girl all the way, i dont think my Monkey will be happy with me if i tried a different brand, haha!
    Although i do like a Green Tea now and again, and your Magic Hour Tea sounds magical, i might have to try and get my hands on some of that!

You, Me and a Cuppa PG
    Cheers!
    I love your monkey! I've never tried PG tips but seems a few people here like them so I'll have to look into them!

You really should try this Magic Hour tea. It seriously is the strongest, most potent flavored tea I've ever had. The flavor is exceptional. I want to try their other teas but I'm always hesitant to spend big money on a tea I don't know I'll like. Can't go wrong with trying their English Breakfast though

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ember For This Useful Post:

Bea (06-11-2021),teslagirl (06-11-2021)

Gyaoo!
    Pronouns
    【she ⚡ her】
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    335 times
    Time Online
    52d 15h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    56m
    I am a slut for earl grey and assam that is all

Thank you Zenitsu and Greyfaerie for my siggy UBs respectively!
    Thank you Hollow for the vector art!

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    134d 11h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Flordibel View Post
    When I was in college, I got really into loose leaf teas, so (you need an account to see links) was my go-to for excellent, fresh loose leaf teas! (I am not a sponsor lmfao.) You can make your own, but I always favored the fandom teas. I like a nice strong black tea, and every four years, they do a VERY STRONG, STIFF Scottish tea (it's so malty omfg) for the leap year! It always stains my teeth!

My favorite is a spearmint tea, though. I really feel like you can't go wrong with a black tea with a hint of spearmint. It's crisp, dry, and a bit fruity.

My favorite bagged brand is formerly called uhhhh "Plantation Mint" (excuse the racism), but they (you need an account to see links) (Yay!) It's not overly sweet, and you don't get the "Icebreakers spearmint" flavor that I find in a lot of teas, if that makes sense.
    Oh that's right up my alley! I love me a strong, stiff tea! All the tea I drink now is loose. I got this new glass tea pot with an infuser cup and it's great! I really want to get an electric kettle so I can heat my water to a specific temp instead of burning my leaves like a Neanderthal lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zapdos View Post
    I am a slut for earl grey and assam that is all
    I'm only recently trying Earl Grey and I'm loving how strong it is!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ember For This Useful Post:

Flordibel (06-10-2021),Zapdos (06-10-2021)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    190 times
    Time Online
    85d 10h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 34m
    Anyone here make their own tea lattes? I loooove milk tea and would be interested in hearing how you froth your milk!

As for teas, my family uses black tea (confusingly called red tea in Chinese) for milk tea in the mornings. Right now I'm enjoying Ten Ren brand. The store is also worth a visit in NYC for both the teas and the boba!
    Otherwise I am pretty basic and love me some matcha latte haha.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Aero For This Useful Post:

kittyray (06-11-2021)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    134d 11h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Aero View Post
    Anyone here make their own tea lattes? I loooove milk tea and would be interested in hearing how you froth your milk!

As for teas, my family uses black tea (confusingly called red tea in Chinese) for milk tea in the mornings. Right now I'm enjoying Ten Ren brand. The store is also worth a visit in NYC for both the teas and the boba!
    Otherwise I am pretty basic and love me some matcha latte haha.
    I don't like mixing my tea with anything so I'm a bad person to ask lol. But I see matcha tea is a huge thing. I've been wanting to try it but idk why I think it'll taste like algae XD