65/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    36d 3h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m

Strat's Gaming Rig/Setup Build

Hey guys, I built myself my very first decent gaming rig back in December of 2016 and wanted to share some specs/pics on how it all went and what's inside as well as showcase a little about how far it has come over the recent years with some nice little upgrades/additions.

Initially this is how I had it set up (below)

Let me know what you think. I would love to hear any and all feedback on things I could improve (if anything).

Still slightly older, but more of my current setup than the previous video I initially posted, don't have one of the up to date setup just yet. Will update post when I manage to get around to recording one.

Original specs were as follows:

My Skylake Build

MotherBoard: ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero Intel LGA 1151 Z170
    GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW DT Gaming ACX 3.0 8GB
    CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K Quad Core LGA 1151 4.0 GHz Unlocked
    HDD: Western Digital WD Blue 1TB
    SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD and a Samsung 950 PRO 256GB NVMe M.2 SSD
    RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 32GB (4x 8G 2400MHz
    Monitors: 2x LG 23M45 23" LED Full HD
    Headset: Logitech G231 Prodigy Series gaming headset
    Keyboard/Mouse: Logitech G213 Prodigy Series RGB gaming keyboard and G403 Prodigy Series RGB Wireless gaming mouse
    Water Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H100i v2 240mm Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
    Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 Mid Tower
    PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 80+ Gold Fully Modular

Misc Additions: Thermaltake Riing 12 Plus Premium RGB fans x5, NZXT Hue+ Lighting Controller and 4x NZXT RGB LED Strips for additional case lighting

Will post the updated specs and things I have changed tomorrow after work, but for now I must get to bed. Cheers!

Last edited by Strat; 06-13-2021 at 02:46 AM.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Useful Post:

Android (06-09-2021),Buizel (06-10-2021),My name is Yoshikage Kira (06-08-2021),N A N O (06-10-2021),Pidgey (06-08-2021),Synth Salazzle (06-12-2021)

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    704 times
    Time Online
    349d 14h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 10m
    Oh man, congrats on your build it looks really cool! It's nice to see that it's still up and running for you. I have the creativity of a single grain of rice, so building a PC will always be a dream for me haha.

I need to get into PC gaming though...Nintendo is fine and all, but most games I want to play are on the PS4/5 and PC and urgh.

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon
    (you need an account to see links)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 1h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    I'm drooling over your rig man. That's a beautiful power house.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    36d 3h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittany View Post
    Oh man, congrats on your build it looks really cool! It's nice to see that it's still up and running for you. I have the creativity of a single grain of rice, so building a PC will always be a dream for me haha.

I need to get into PC gaming though...Nintendo is fine and all, but most games I want to play are on the PS4/5 and PC and urgh.
    Thanks! A lot of time and money have gone into it up until now and I think I'll still be adding to it for the next little while too. There's just too much else that I want to do to it. I need to start getting my collectable items added to my display case on the right of the setup as well, not looking forward to paying the money to start doing that xD PC gaming is where it's at, you can't get the same experience (no matter what anyone says) from a console that you can get on a PC. (Unless it's a potato of a PC system xD).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Synthbass View Post
    I'm drooling over your rig man. That's a beautiful power house.
    Cheers mate, appreciate your kind words

Here's a pic of how it currently looks. I recently purchased a secondary screen (AOC 27G2 27" IPS monitor) for using discord/stream chat when I stream etc and also my new Secretlab Omega Akali Edition chair that replaced my Secretlab Titan after 4 years. Will post full updated spec sheet shortly of the rig.

- - - Updated - - -

Specs are now as follows:

MotherBoard : ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero Z170
    GPU : EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW Edition 8GB
    CPU : Intel Core i7 6700K 4.0GHz overclocked to 4.2GHz
    HDD : Western Digital WD Blue 1TB Mechanical
    SSD : Samsung 850 EVO 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD and Samsung 950 PRO 256GB NVMe M.2 PCIe SSD
    RAM : 32GB (8x4) Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz
    Monitor : Acer Predator X34P Ultrawide 120Hz IPS Gaming Monitor (primary), AOC 27G2 27" 144Hz IPS (setup vertically as a secondary monitor)
    Headset : HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless
    Mic: HyperX Quadcast mounted on a Rode PSA1 Boom Arm.
    Keyboard/Mouse : Corsair K70 MK.2 Rapidfire Low Profile Mechanical Gaming Keyboard and G703 Lightspeed RGB Wireless gaming mouse
    Cooling : Corsair Hydro Series H100i v2 240mm AIO Cooler
    Case : Thermaltake View 71 TG RGB Edition
    PSU : EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 80+ Gold Modular
    Misc Additions : Thermaltake Riing 12 Plus Premium RGB fans x5, Thermaltake Riing 14 RGB fans x3, NZXT Hue+ Lighting Controller and 4x NZXT RGB LED Strips for additional case lighting, CableMod ModMesh Pro E-Series PSU Cable Kit (Black/Red), Logitech C920 Webcam, Corsair Gaming MM330 Extended Edition Mousemat, Arlec 2m RGB LED Strip lighting behind the desk, SecretLab Titan Gaming Chair (sold my old Titan which served me very well for 4 years) SecretLab Omega Akali Special Edition Gaming Chair, custom made IKEA desk (1850mm x 640mm Eckbacken Kitchen Countertop, 2x Grey Alex Drawer sets, 2x sets of Capita Legs to separate the countertop from the drawers, 2x Signum cable management racks mounted on the underside of the countertop), Logitech G560 RGB Speakers/Sub, Nanoleaf Aurora Rhythm RGB Lighting Panels (mounted above the monitor on the wall).

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Useful Post:

Buizel (06-13-2021),Synth Salazzle (06-13-2021)