Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I haven't played in YEARS, where do I start?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    240 times
    Time Online
    12d 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m

I haven't played in YEARS, where do I start?

Everything is so different! I think the last time I actively played, habitarium had just been removed -- I tried a couple of times to play again over the years but only lasted about a week, life kinda got in the way.

So with games basically out of commission, what do most people do for np these days? Is restocking still the main legit way?

I'm half-arsing some NQ2 at the moment because I don't really know what to do on the site at the moment, and waiting for Plushie Tycoon to restart so I can see if I still remember how to play it. What do people generally do on Neopets these days?

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    134d 11h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 3m
    I think a lot of people do Food Club bets for money and stocks. Life has been kind of slow on Neo but you came back at the perfect time since the Altador Cup is returning soon! Everyone is awfully interested in how it will be this year since flash poofed.

UC pets are coming back in one form or another via the NC mall as of a news update a few days ago. Additional pet slots are on the horizon as well!

Edit: Also...I freaking love your sassy dinos in your signature lol.
    Last edited by Ember; 06-01-2021 at 03:21 PM.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ember For This Useful Post:

Aero (06-10-2021),dustyc (06-01-2021),jj888 (06-19-2021),Mario2302 (06-01-2021),Trinket (06-01-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/0
    Mentioned
    407 times
    Time Online
    122d 5h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    54m
    Hi trinket, for me it's still playing the games actually (you can still find the games via the games room (i usually start from an old layout page and select the "popular" section from the dropdown but (you need an account to see links)

That is if you're feeling up to actually still using flash of course. multiple ways to still get it working but the one i abide by is described (you need an account to see links)

that being said, games won't make that much np's so for that i resort to FC bets mainly (just following others using the FCNC string

Ruygi
    Endlessly indebted to (you need an account to see links) for this cute adoptable and Ruygi and mario on my avatar!!
    Forever thanking (you need an account to see links) for the tweaked background and custom userbar on my profile
    Perpetual gratitude to (you need an account to see links) for the custom "super mario 1 up" userbar on my avatar
    In ultimate awe of (you need an account to see links)animation and art skill on my current avatar background, the animated
    super mario custom userbar and tying it together with the one from (you need an account to see links)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mario2302 For This Useful Post:

j03 (06-06-2021),Trinket (06-01-2021)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    949 times
    Time Online
    116d 18h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    HOLY SHIT is that BECA?! Idk if you remember me but you're one of the few people I remember from years ago wow!! Lovely to see you again, hope you have been well!

For sure Food Club and getting your Neopian universal income handout from Trudy + selling any stocks you have that get to a good point are your basis for NP grinding. Extremely slow for the most part but you can still play games as Mario pointed out, if you still have access to flash! And RSing can still be profitable if you know your way around. Most people might be focused on the AC in the coming weeks so perhaps there will be more opportunities to snipe items haha!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

Trinket (06-01-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    240 times
    Time Online
    12d 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Doritos View Post
    Edit: Also...I freaking love your sassy dinos in your signature lol.
    LOL I completely forgot about my sig until I posted, I still love them too!

Quote Originally Posted by Mario2302 View Post
    That is if you're feeling up to actually still using flash of course. multiple ways to still get it working but the one i abide by is described (you need an account to see links)
    I didn't know there were ways to still use flash :o thank you! I'd try food club, but I'm on a brand new account and iirc you only start making a good amount with older accs right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    HOLY SHIT is that BECA?! Idk if you remember me but you're one of the few people I remember from years ago wow!!
    ICE WITH THE PRETTY BLUE HAIR <3 I remember you!!
    I totally forgot about the altador cup, is everyone picking a single team to follow this year?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trinket For This Useful Post:

Ice (06-01-2021),Mario2302 (06-01-2021)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    134d 11h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinket View Post
    LOL I completely forgot about my sig until I posted, I still love them too!

I didn't know there were ways to still use flash :o thank you! I'd try food club, but I'm on a brand new account and iirc you only start making a good amount with older accs right?

ICE WITH THE PRETTY BLUE HAIR <3 I remember you!!
    I totally forgot about the altador cup, is everyone picking a single team to follow this year?
    You can still make some money on newer accounts. Yea it's not a HUGE amount but better than nothing I'd think
    So cK Team Sign Ups JUST opened a few hours ago. So really you came back at the absolute perfect time if you're thinking of doing the AC. So the forum will have a cK AC team to support but only chosen members can be on the team and know which team cK is supporting if that makes sense. Let me find the links for ya.

(you need an account to see links)

Info:

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ember For This Useful Post:

Trinket (06-01-2021)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    949 times
    Time Online
    116d 18h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    @(you need an account to see links) aww man /I/ forgot about my wild hair past as a youngin LMAO I feel so old now XD

Doritos got you covered for all the juicy AC news, but if you want to try to get Flash working on your PC this is the guide I followed, personally, to download an old Chrome browser with Flash enabled. (Other people use a 3rd party browser called Pale Moon) (you want to read the video desc on YT because it has links to the downloads)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

Trinket (06-01-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    240 times
    Time Online
    12d 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Doritos View Post
    You can still make some money on newer accounts. Yea it's not a HUGE amount but better than nothing I'd think
    So cK Team Sign Ups JUST opened a few hours ago. So really you came back at the absolute perfect time if you're thinking of doing the AC. So the forum will have a cK AC team to support but only chosen members can be on the team and know which team cK is supporting if that makes sense. Let me find the links for ya.

Info:

Are the sign up positions limited or anything? idk how active I'm going to be so I wouldn't want to take up a slot I might pass on applying for this year

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    14h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    What everyone has already said + don't forget to get your monthly freebies as today is the 1st of the month!!!
    Also, check your stock market portfolio, who knows, maybe you could find a nice surprise there
    so you were curious huh?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Unlucky For This Useful Post:

Trinket (06-10-2021)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    134d 11h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinket View Post
    Are the sign up positions limited or anything? idk how active I'm going to be so I wouldn't want to take up a slot I might pass on applying for this year
    I'm actually unsure how many positions there are since I wasn't able to make the team last year lol. You could always apply and be up front about your availability though, right? Then they'd know going in what to expect if they decide to bring you on

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ember For This Useful Post:

Trinket (06-02-2021)