Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What's the best musical ever, in your opinion?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    1d 2h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I am 110% for In The Heights. I got so lucky and my aunt (who's now exiled from the family lol) took me to see it in like 2008 on Broadway WITH the original cast, Lin Manuel and all. I immediately bought the soundtrack on CD and still have it to this day. I'd been painfully waiting for 13 years to be able to experience it again in any way because I didn't catch it on tour in 2010 due to life circumstances. I gotta say, they did a fabulous job with the movie, even with the slightly re-arranged plot points and some of the stuff they took out. And the fact that they filmed it IN Washington Heights with all of the locations that he used as a reference for his play.

So many people are all about Hamilton but have zero idea about In The Heights. I can't peer pressure enough people to watch the movie before it's taken down on (or after?) July 11th on HBO Max. I will absolutely be buying it on DVD when I can. I've already watched it twice, and I stayed up until midnight to watch it the moment it was released. My boyfriend was happy to finally have some reference to the sound track he'd listened to a billion times in the car. It took everything I had to not sing along to the entire movie. He's grateful for that hahah.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    1,992 times
    Time Online
    279d 19h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 35m
    I saw Ben-Hur a while back, that was a really good performance.

Hello I am retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Serrah
    Why would I need to buy from anyone else anyways? You're practically walmart
    (you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    7d 14h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Ahhh wow heaps of Cats and Rent fans in here lol. I was going to say Les Mis but like, I think I only really enjoyed the movie because of Hugh Jackman, Helena Bonham Carter, Sacha Baron Cohen, and Eddie Redmayne. The rest I thought were all just meh.

I haven't seen any of the other musicals/plays mentioned here in any other format and it just makes me think I am uncivilised now hah - need to get get more exposure to these.