Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    76d 19h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m

FFXIV

Hello everyone! I just wanted to see if anyone happens to play FFXIV atm?
    My main is on Crystal, but I have an alt on Aether and plan to make an alt on Primal!

We all excited for Bunny Bois and Reaper?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/0
    Mentioned
    42 times
    Time Online
    19d N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    I don't even plan on fantasiaing but I do love me those bunny boys, lol.

thank yew lyrichord for my userbar/avatar! <3

nya

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    76d 19h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Quote Originally Posted by Wormjaw View Post
    I don't even plan on fantasiaing but I do love me those bunny boys, lol.
    I first started off as a Male Catboi, but when ShB hit, I went right into Viera lol
    Sadly, though, I went to Female Au Ra after a few months due to me not being able to wear hats. But I do plan to go back to Viera (male) when we can become them.

I know there was no talk about fixing the helm/hair problem, but I hope they can at least make a few items wearable for the Viera at some point.

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    4d 12h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I’m very excited for male viera! I’ve wanted viera for a long time, I was very happy to see them revealed at fanfest a few years back with shadowbringers. Disappointed that they were both gender locked however, but I couldn’t imagine them continuing to keep it that way with all the public outcry and demand for both male and female characters.

Although I am still a little bummed that it’s been two years since their inclusion, customization is restrictive — I’m not bothered by the no hats thing as I hardly ever display my headgear to begin with, but the fact that there are no new hairstyles nor support for viera and hrothgar with the hairstyles that have released. I’m elated that they’re going to give us both male viera and female hrothgar, but I hope they’ll be able to implement those missing hairstyles as well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mimikyu For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur (05-27-2021)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    76d 19h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimikyu View Post
    I’m very excited for male viera! I’ve wanted viera for a long time, I was very happy to see them revealed at fanfest a few years back with shadowbringers. Disappointed that they were both gender locked however, but I couldn’t imagine them continuing to keep it that way with all the public outcry and demand for both male and female characters.

Although I am still a little bummed that it’s been two years since their inclusion, customization is restrictive — I’m not bothered by the no hats thing as I hardly ever display my headgear to begin with, but the fact that there are no new hairstyles nor support for viera and hrothgar with the hairstyles that have released. I’m elated that they’re going to give us both male viera and female hrothgar, but I hope they’ll be able to implement those missing hairstyles as well.
    This was something that was bugging me for awhile. I kept my hope up that they would at least work on a few things here and there, but never seen anything. But! I feel that it could have been due to what is going on and how they couldn’t really work on that type of stuff.

I was also okay with them being gender locked, but there were people who hated it lol Then there was the side that kept telling people to get over it because of lore. But we’re a different world traveling, primal killing, peace keeping, going to the moon hero. Which some even do all this in a frog outfit or no outfit at all! Lol

So I’m happy we can get make viera and female hrothgar! I just hope that we can get a few new hairstyles lol

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulbasaur For This Useful Post:

Mimikyu (05-27-2021)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    4d 12h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Crink View Post
    This was something that was bugging me for awhile. I kept my hope up that they would at least work on a few things here and there, but never seen anything. But! I feel that it could have been due to what is going on and how they couldn’t really work on that type of stuff.

I was also okay with them being gender locked, but there were people who hated it lol Then there was the side that kept telling people to get over it because of lore. But we’re a different world traveling, primal killing, peace keeping, going to the moon hero. Which some even do all this in a frog outfit or no outfit at all! Lol

So I’m happy we can get make viera and female hrothgar! I just hope that we can get a few new hairstyles lol
    I mean we literally have 4 canonical living white mages in FFXIV all the while players can become white mages themselves completely ignoring this fact, but all of a sudden we decide that male viera aren’t lore friendly? lol
    I’m stoked to see what yoship and the dev team decide to come up with as this is the first time we’ve been formally introduced to male viera… there’s a few small tidbits of lore that we do know about them such as the fact that they’re barred of support as the viera are a matriarchal society, come down every 3-5 years to repopulate and gather male kits when their gender becomes more apparent around 13 years of age, and that they diligently work to protect the woods from the shadows. They’ll be able to have a lot of freedom and indulge in creativity November can’t come soon enough!!
    Love, love the new side ponytail that just debuted and I’m so bummed my viera can’t wear it haha. Maybe soon? :’)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mimikyu For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur (05-27-2021)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    76d 19h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    I mean we literally have 4 canonical living white mages in FFXIV all the while players can become white mages themselves completely ignoring this fact, but all of a sudden we decide that male viera aren’t lore friendly? lol
    I’m stoked to see what yoship and the dev team decide to come up with as this is the first time we’ve been formally introduced to male viera… there’s a few small tidbits of lore that we do know about them such as the fact that they’re barred of support as the viera are a matriarchal society, come down every 3-5 years to repopulate and gather male kits when their gender becomes more apparent around 13 years of age, and that they diligently work to protect the woods from the shadows. They’ll be able to have a lot of freedom and indulge in creativity November can’t come soon enough!!
    Love, love the new side ponytail that just debuted and I’m so bummed my viera can’t wear it haha. Maybe soon? :’)
    Oh yes! That's right, hm? lol

Now, I admit that I didn't know much on the male Viera lore in general, so its great to catch up on that! I love the lore behind the game, but there are some that I didn't really touch on while I was playing. But I do have a friend who LOVES lore in games and I keep trying to get him to play FFXIV due to it. He would enjoy it so much!

But that hair does look amazing! Do you happen to know if its default or something we need to go and get?
    I know some come from PvP, so I hope its not from that lol

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulbasaur For This Useful Post:

Mimikyu (05-27-2021)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    4d 12h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Crink View Post
    Oh yes! That's right, hm? lol

Now, I admit that I didn't know much on the male Viera lore in general, so its great to catch up on that! I love the lore behind the game, but there are some that I didn't really touch on while I was playing. But I do have a friend who LOVES lore in games and I keep trying to get him to play FFXIV due to it. He would enjoy it so much!

But that hair does look amazing! Do you happen to know if its default or something we need to go and get?
    I know some come from PvP, so I hope its not from that lol
    There’s certainly a lot of lore scattered about both in game, the encyclopedia, and even beyond so it’s a lot to take in for sure haha. Some very devout roleplayers have banded together to create a comprehensive lore guide for people to reference back to, both for their original characters and just in general. What we do know about FFXIV Viera at least is scarce admittedly, but there’s a (you need an account to see links) ^^

The side ponytail? That’s from (you need an account to see links), they’re an absolute pain since the drop rate is skewed. You’ll go through a dozen or so Indigo Stars and Wind on the Plains orchestration rolls before you get something slightly decent XD
    iirc it’s called Both Ways and you can buy it from the mb!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mimikyu For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur (05-29-2021)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    76d 19h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    There’s certainly a lot of lore scattered about both in game, the encyclopedia, and even beyond so it’s a lot to take in for sure haha. Some very devout roleplayers have banded together to create a comprehensive lore guide for people to reference back to, both for their original characters and just in general. What we do know about FFXIV Viera at least is scarce admittedly, but there’s a (you need an account to see links) ^^

The side ponytail? That’s from (you need an account to see links), they’re an absolute pain since the drop rate is skewed. You’ll go through a dozen or so Indigo Stars and Wind on the Plains orchestration rolls before you get something slightly decent XD
    iirc it’s called Both Ways and you can buy it from the mb!!

I didnt get a notification about your reply! Im sorry!

But oh man, that hair is so cute! Im not sure I want to drop 4m for it atm due to me thinking about going Bunny Boi, but it's super adorable!
    Im not not sure what box that is lol Is that the new Pooreka? I haven't been working on any relics due to me not really wanting to work on it lol It seems like it would be a waste for me since we're not to far from the next expansion (Even though we have a good 6 months still).

I was trying to find if you said, but what DC do you play on? (Im sorry if I missed it)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulbasaur For This Useful Post:

Mimikyu (06-03-2021)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    4d 12h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Ayy your post went through finally!

There’s currently a ton of vacancies for housing in game right now as the auto-demolition timer is back into play. I’m hoping everyone who wants a house is able to get one at this time! Sweepers on Sadu’s are having a field day trying to get everything sorted out since a small handful of people will want to relocate to other plots haha