Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Go Fest - Celebrating 5 years!

Pronouns
    They/Them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    330 times
    Time Online
    312d 1h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 45m

Pokemon Go Fest - Celebrating 5 years!

From (you need an account to see links) here is newly released news about the upcoming Pokemon Go fest celebrating five years!

Pokémon GO Fest 2021 Details: Celebrate Five Years of Pokémon GO on July 17 and 18

Pokémon GO launched nearly five years ago, providing Trainers the opportunity to encounter Pokémon in the real world. You can celebrate a half decade of Pokémon GO adventures with Pokémon GO Fest 2021, which will take place on July 17 and 18 from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. local time each day. Tickets are now available in the Pokémon GO shop, and to commemorate the game's fifth anniversary, tickets are only US$4.99 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency, plus any applicable taxes and fees)!

There's a lot to look forward to for this year's Pokémon GO Fest. Each day will offer a unique experience, with exciting features for all Trainers and exclusive benefits for ticket holders. Here are just some of the highlights you can expect during each day of Pokémon GO Fest 2021.

Saturday, July 17, 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Local Time

With a ticket, you'll be able to access the Pokémon GO Fest 2021 Special Research story starting on the first day of the event! In this Special Research story, you'll be the event director for a music festival. You'll get to pick between Pokémon to join your musical group and help Professor Willow to put on the best concert possible. Choose between Pikachu Rock Star and Pikachu Pop Star to join you in this mission—depending on which Pikachu you choose, a different track created by Pokémon music producer Junichi Masuda will play during the event! Plus, Pokémon related to music will be appearing more frequently in the wild throughout the day.

The Global Challenge Arena is returning, offering ticket holders a different collaborative challenge each hour. If they complete the challenge, they'll benefit from a special bonus for the remainder of the hour.

Four themed habitats will feature on an hourly rotation: Jungle, Desert Mountain, Ocean Beach, and Cave. During each habitat hour, certain Pokémon will be appearing in the wild for all Trainers. For ticket holders, other featured Pokémon will be attracted to Incense depending on which habitat is currently active, and ticket holders will also have an increased chance of encountering featured Shiny Pokémon. Ticket holders will also be able to complete four Collection Challenges, each one corresponding to a habitat.

Sunday, July 18, 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Local Time

Day two of Pokémon GO Fest 2021 is all about raids! On Sunday, July 18, all Trainers will be able to participate in raids featuring fan-favorite Pokémon. Ticket holders will earn an additional 10,000 XP for completing raids that day, and they'll also be able to stock up on Raid Passes during event hours, including up to 10 Raid Passes from spinning Gym Photo Discs, up to eight Remote Raid Passes from Timed Research, and a bundle of three Remote Raid Passes at no cost from the shop.

Plus, all the Pokémon featured on Saturday will also be appearing on Sunday, so it'll be a good opportunity for you to encounter any that you might have missed on the first day of the event!

Both Days

Certain features will be available both days of the event, too! For ticket holders, Unown F and Unown G will be attracted to Incense. Lucky ticket holders might even find a Shiny Unown F or Unown G! For all Trainers, any Lure Modules activated during event hours will last for three hours, and Eggs placed in an Incubator during event hours will require half the usual Hatch Distance. In addition, a special event T-shirt will be available at PokemonCenter.com beginning next month, so stay tuned for additional details.

There are even more exciting surprises planned for Pokémon GO Fest 2021, and you won't want to miss them. You can purchase an event ticket in the Pokémon GO shop for US$4.99 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency, plus any applicable taxes and fees). Note that PokéCoins cannot be used to purchase a ticket. For more details on Pokémon GO Fest 2021, visit the Pokémon GO blog.

Keep an eye on Pokemon.com for future event updates and on PokemonCenter.com for information about the Pokémon GO Fest 2021 T-shirt.

Additional Information/Spoilers!

Will you be participating in Go Fest this year? Personally i've never bothered with it, but the thought of unlocking the music and this orienting around a 'music festival' really has my interest piqued!
    Last edited by Nyanobyte; 05-27-2021 at 11:11 AM.

(you need an account to see links)
    ^ How to unlock and care for a Ryugotchi ^

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Nyanobyte For This Useful Post:

DrSloth (05-27-2021),Herb (06-04-2021),Ice (05-27-2021),Meepit (07-17-2021),Nattiee (05-30-2021),pinguim (06-04-2021),Unown (06-08-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    13h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Surprisingly affordable! And I have most of that in Google survey rewards too, so yeah, I'll treat myself to a ticket. Especially as they now let you do these events anywhere, so I don't have to drive for six hours and overpay for a hotel room.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sugarsnaptea For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    They/Them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    330 times
    Time Online
    312d 1h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 45m
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarsnaptea View Post
    Surprisingly affordable! And I have most of that in Google survey rewards too, so yeah, I'll treat myself to a ticket. Especially as they now let you do these events anywhere, so I don't have to drive for six hours and overpay for a hotel room.
    Yes! 5$ to be able to enjoy this out of the comfort of your home and have some new quests to work on is a pretty good deal! Having to drive 6 hours and book a hotel sounds like a big hassle.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    518 times
    Time Online
    48d 16h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    those costume pikachus ;_;

THE BROWS LOL

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nattiee For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    They/Them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    330 times
    Time Online
    312d 1h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 45m
    Quote Originally Posted by nattiee View Post
    those costume pikachus ;_;

THE BROWS LOL
    imagine them going into battle like

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nyanobyte For This Useful Post:

Meepit (07-17-2021),Nattiee (05-30-2021)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    67 times
    Time Online
    48d 19h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    $5 Very cheaper compared to the last Go Fest it was like $15

I can't wait!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Herb For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    They/Them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    330 times
    Time Online
    312d 1h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 45m
    Quote Originally Posted by Elena View Post
    $5 Very cheaper compared to the last Go Fest it was like $15

I can't wait!!
    It looks very promising this year, also can't wait! ^^

The fact they lowered the price so much is really nice as well. I've skipped the past years due to just not wanting to spend so much on it and have to travel around on top of it. 5$ though to participate anywhere is a pretty decent deal!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    13h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Yeah, having to travel was what always put me off in the past, mostly because they were always in other countries and I just couldn't afford that. So when they did announce one in my country, a six hour drive seemed much more reasonable. But then, Covid. So I did that one sitting on my sofa. At least this time around, I'll be able to leave the house if I want.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to sugarsnaptea For This Useful Post:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    81/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    34d 10h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I will participate this year again. it's very affordable and cheap compared with last year. The covid bonuses are coming to a close this month (not confirmed yet but Niantic didn't extended it in game as of now) but I really hope the futures Go Fest be planned worldwide and not focused localy.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to pinguim For This Useful Post:

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Unown For This Useful Post: