Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I wonder how Neopets would be functioning if adam and Donna never sold it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    63 times
    Time Online
    10d 22h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I don't think the site would still be around if Adam and Donna still own the site. When Adam and Donna had the site, the site allowed for people to constantly get hacked by the same methods every year. I felt like they did very little to improve the security and left a coding mess that is still plaguing the site today. I actually felt like out of the three owners that viacom had the most resources to turn around the site. It just unfortunate that they did not find the site to have a large profit margin as they originally though (information from a reddit AMA ex-neopets staff) and the resources/money could be used elsewhere.
    Goals
    49/100 Clraik Referrals
    Neopets Guides
    All are Outdated
    Miscellaneous

Art Related
    (you need an account to see links)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    39 times
    Time Online
    46d 12h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    27m
    i think if they had kept at it, it'd still be a big thing as it is, as long as they hired the right people to keep up with the times with graphics and coding. i really miss them i'm glad the current staff is realizing their audience is millennials and people in their late teens. i'm so happy to see we can talk about our partners and pride month stuff like that without getting auto banned. i just feel that never would've been an issue if ownership hadn't changed. i respect their leaving but knowing them on a personal level was a really wonderful part of the site that we probably won't ever have again

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    4d 2h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Adam and Donna had no buisness ever ruining a company. Their company afterwards showed everyone that. Complete and total lank of knowing what to do in the games industry. I've known a lot of people who have worked both for neopets which included myself and a number of people who worked for meteor. Some who now work for Jump Start.