Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone ever had laser tattoo removal?

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,161 times
    Time Online
    556d 7h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    It's alright! TBH I didn't want to go ahead with it today because it's really hot today xD so I'm happy to wait a few more weeks. Hopefully this laser works out for me
    Glad there's a silver lining in it, then! Good luck with this round!
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Hollow (07-21-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    12d 17h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    A few cautions -- my tattoo was cauterized right after it was done, and laser tattoo removal really didn't work on it. It eventually had to be cut out.
    Keep in mind Post-Tattoo Cauterization is NOT a standard procedure for most artists to do, and it has since been made illegal where I live.

Also, if you ever used metallic ink in any of your tattoos (ink with tiny metal flakes to make it shimmer); you need to tell them this before they use the laser. It may not be possible to do laser tattoo removal on metallic ink.

~

Most laser tattoo removals work pretty straightforward and go well.
    Anywhere from 3-12 treatments can have your tattoo significantly removed.

I wish you good luck in your removal.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Purrina For This Useful Post:

Hollow (08-04-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Hey everyone.

Went in again for my session today and unfortunately they couldn't go ahead with it again because my second patch test changed the colour of my skin like the first time. They suggested I get a cream that would combat pigmentation and come back in 4 weeks. At this rate I'm not sure if I want to go back to this clinic. I might go to others to see if I can get another opinion on what to do next. I think I'm going to be stuck with this.

I'm somewhat disheartened as I spent a lot of money on this.

*that's rough buddy*

thank you Dita ;u; & thank you sugarbee *u* thank you Lyrichord for the ub *O* thank you Kibba for the dp eue

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,161 times
    Time Online
    556d 7h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    Sorry to hear that once again it didn't work out. I hope you're able to get a second opinion from a new place and it's successful! <3

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Hollow (08-11-2021)

Pronouns
    it
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    79/1
    Mentioned
    39 times
    Time Online
    16d 12h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    Hey everyone.

Went in again for my session today and unfortunately they couldn't go ahead with it again because my second patch test changed the colour of my skin like the first time. They suggested I get a cream that would combat pigmentation and come back in 4 weeks. At this rate I'm not sure if I want to go back to this clinic. I might go to others to see if I can get another opinion on what to do next. I think I'm going to be stuck with this.

I'm somewhat disheartened as I spent a lot of money on this.
    I never had a patch test for mine??!!
    Id suggest going to another clinic. They will probably have different lasers

I've just had my third round on the laser. The black ink has noticeably faded but the red /green I don't think has changed at all. Colours are difficult to remove

I'll post an updated pic once the scabs heal up

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sezy View Post
    I never had a patch test for mine??!!
    Id suggest going to another clinic. They will probably have different lasers

I've just had my third round on the laser. The black ink has noticeably faded but the red /green I don't think has changed at all. Colours are difficult to remove

I'll post an updated pic once the scabs heal up
    Yeah, they did a patch test to see how my skin reacts to the laser, it didn't react well Glad to hear your having good progress though! Definitely would love to see a progress pic if your comfortable to post it

*that's rough buddy*

thank you Dita ;u; & thank you sugarbee *u* thank you Lyrichord for the ub *O* thank you Kibba for the dp eue

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Another update!

I went to see another clinic that's a lot more closer to me that does laser tattoo removal. Had a small patch test done today. We'll see how my skin reacts this time round!

The last place I was going to actually burned my skin, the technician I saw today said it looked burned and raw. It's been 4 weeks and my skin is still healing/scabby. I'm trying to cancel my treatment with them (didn't even start treatment, just did a series of patch tests with different lasers that changed the colour of my skin/burned my skin) hopefully I can get a refund.

The technician I saw today was extremely informative, honest and didn't rush me to make any decisions, the last place I was going to made me pay straight after the patch test, needless to say, didn't have the best experience first time round.

Hoping these updates are helping anyone out there, I don't want anyone to be in the same situation as me!

*that's rough buddy*

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hollow For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    it
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    79/1
    Mentioned
    39 times
    Time Online
    16d 12h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Hey guys
    So here is my review of the whole laser tattoo removal process with before & after pics

I have had 3 sessions so far leaving a 4-5 week gap in between. I was really concerned about this because ive heard some shops say you should leave upto 10 weeks between sessions!! Either way mine has healed up ok each time after around 2-3 weeks.
    Only downside is that the tattoo gets so itchy!!! This makes the skin a little more sensitive and it peels like crazy if im out in the sun so I need to keep it covered up outdoors.
    I used EMLA cream for the 1st session which numbed the area great. But my 2nd and 3rd the cream just didnt work as my skin was too sensitive. Ouch. Im guessing if I left longer in between sessions then the numbing cream would work again?

I was recommend to use only aloe vera gel on the tattoo. This was great for the first week as it helped to stop the bleeding and keep my scabs in place. But it made the itching worse because of the way it dries on the skin.
    So I have been using vitamin E oil on the tattoo after the 1st week. I found because its an oil it helps keeps the scabs moist and stops the itching. This is especially good to use at night!

Ive had 2 laser sessions which were for the black ink and 1 session for the colours.
    As you can see in the pictures there is visible results for the black ink and for the colours not so much.

Before

After 3 sessions

Whole process takes roughly a year for it to be removed. 3 months down, 9 more to go! :x

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sezy For This Useful Post:

Hollow (08-24-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sezy View Post
    Hey guys
    So here is my review of the whole laser tattoo removal process with before & after pics

I have had 3 sessions so far leaving a 4-5 week gap in between. I was really concerned about this because ive heard some shops say you should leave upto 10 weeks between sessions!! Either way mine has healed up ok each time after around 2-3 weeks.
    Only downside is that the tattoo gets so itchy!!! This makes the skin a little more sensitive and it peels like crazy if im out in the sun so I need to keep it covered up outdoors.
    I used EMLA cream for the 1st session which numbed the area great. But my 2nd and 3rd the cream just didnt work as my skin was too sensitive. Ouch. Im guessing if I left longer in between sessions then the numbing cream would work again?

I was recommend to use only aloe vera gel on the tattoo. This was great for the first week as it helped to stop the bleeding and keep my scabs in place. But it made the itching worse because of the way it dries on the skin.
    So I have been using vitamin E oil on the tattoo after the 1st week. I found because its an oil it helps keeps the scabs moist and stops the itching. This is especially good to use at night!

Ive had 2 laser sessions which were for the black ink and 1 session for the colours.
    As you can see in the pictures there is visible results for the black ink and for the colours not so much.

Before

After 3 sessions

Whole process takes roughly a year for it to be removed. 3 months down, 9 more to go! :x
    Great progress so far! Thanks for sharing!!

I used EMLA last time but it didn't work on me, so I'm gonna try another numbing cream to see how I react to that. My tech suggested I wait about 10 weeks per session, even a little longer because she was saying that I'd see more fading and results the longer I space it out as the body helps flush out the ink (her words not mine lol). My patch test was so itchy after too! I hated it xD I'm gonna try vit E oil as well, I heard it's great for scarring!

*that's rough buddy*

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    4h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I know exactly what you mean. I can tell you that it is actually very unpleasant. I personally didn't expect it to hurt so much. I had it on my left forearm, so I can personally compare the pain to that of laser hair removal. The only tattoo I left was on my back. Really, I had to get rid of the hair on my back before I got it. It was a real quest for me to find the right salon in Chicago. I personally knew nothing about it.