Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone ever had laser tattoo removal?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Quote Originally Posted by quirkyquill View Post
    I really want to get a tattoo removed, it’s only a couple of years old. But like you were saying about some of your tattoos, it’s not executed the way I wanted it to be. My tattoo is really big and dark and it’s on my thigh. The concept is nice but otherwise it’s a bad tattoo and it really embarrasses me It really sticks out since it’s the only one on my leg. Your positivity about your future sessions gives me hopes! Keep us updated! Do you know which laser you’ll be using? Are you removing colored or black ink (or both)? I’ve been doing light research here and there so I’m very curious to hear more about your consultation!
    I totally understand how your feeling! I've been covering my arms up at the moment as I'm not happy with how the tatts came out (even though I love being tattooed) I plan to keep a few though, but they are massive pieces so I'm not looking forward to this process, but trying to stay positive about it

All my tatts apart from the one on my thigh (which I'm keeping) are black work. The laser that I'm being treated with is Picoway which works well on black ink. I believe Picosure is better for certain coloured ink (I'm no laser technician so don't take my word on it!)

Best of luck on your journey! if you have any questions please ask me

*that's rough buddy*

(you need an account to see links)

thank you Dita ;u; & thank you sugarbee *u* thank you Lyrichord for the ub *O* thank you Kibba for the dp eue

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    56/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    13d 2h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Hi! I'm also in the process of getting my tattoo removed. I've only had x3 sessions so far and it's on my hip.
    Definitely hurts more than getting it done. I'm now using numbing cream 1 hour before the removal session (lather it on then apply a clear wrap) but it helps a great deal, I'd definitely recommend.
    I'm thankful my tattoo is only black, some colors are trickier to remove and require different laser depending on the color. But your removalist will know this.
    Otherwise, I'd just say to relax as much as you can, and after each session moisturize!!!!! and do not pick or scratch. And it can be super itchy, but you risk scarring and/or infection if you scratch.
    Mine raises a bit, gets itchy, then subsides in about 5 days after the session.
    Good luck and fingers crossed for a straight-forward removal x

Neopets + GC player, collector, fanatic.
    Thanks (you need an account to see links)for the amazing userbars
    Thanks (you need an account to see links)for vector art

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinderella For This Useful Post:

Hollow (06-06-2021)

Pronouns
    it
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    79/1
    Mentioned
    39 times
    Time Online
    16d 12h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    yes i literally got mine done 2 days ago
    I was told it burns like the devil if you don't numb it first
    i purchased some cream from my pharmacy. In the uk it's called 'emla cream'
    I'm so glad I used it. during the procedure I could smell my skin burning but it was over and done with in about 3 mins
    my tattoo bled for about 4/5hrs afterwards but i didn't feel any pain when the creams numbing effects wore off
    it just feels itchy now and it's scabbed over a little

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sezy For This Useful Post:

Hollow (06-06-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    60/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    8d 19h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    My cousin did. Says it looks like when oil jumps from something frying.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sezy View Post
    yes i literally got mine done 2 days ago
    I was told it burns like the devil if you don't numb it first
    i purchased some cream from my pharmacy. In the uk it's called 'emla cream'
    I'm so glad I used it. during the procedure I could smell my skin burning but it was over and done with in about 3 mins
    my tattoo bled for about 4/5hrs afterwards but i didn't feel any pain when the creams numbing effects wore off
    it just feels itchy now and it's scabbed over a little
    I'm UK based too, my technician recommended elma! I bought a tube of that from Boots xD have you notcied any oxidisation from the removal? Mine has sorta oxidised to a brownish colour where I did the patch test

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bluestar View Post
    Hi! I'm also in the process of getting my tattoo removed. I've only had x3 sessions so far and it's on my hip.
    Definitely hurts more than getting it done. I'm now using numbing cream 1 hour before the removal session (lather it on then apply a clear wrap) but it helps a great deal, I'd definitely recommend.
    I'm thankful my tattoo is only black, some colors are trickier to remove and require different laser depending on the color. But your removalist will know this.
    Otherwise, I'd just say to relax as much as you can, and after each session moisturize!!!!! and do not pick or scratch. And it can be super itchy, but you risk scarring and/or infection if you scratch.
    Mine raises a bit, gets itchy, then subsides in about 5 days after the session.
    Good luck and fingers crossed for a straight-forward removal x
    Glad to hear your having a positive journey from the removal so far! How many sessions do you reckon it will take for full removal? I bought some numbing cream and plan to add some before the session too

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Why So Serious? View Post
    My cousin did. Says it looks like when oil jumps from something frying.
    Yeah it burns! The skin goes all red and blistery too D:
    Last edited by Hollow; 06-06-2021 at 11:56 AM.

*that's rough buddy*

thank you Dita ;u; & thank you sugarbee *u* thank you Lyrichord for the ub *O* thank you Kibba for the dp eue

Pronouns
    it
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    79/1
    Mentioned
    39 times
    Time Online
    16d 12h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    I'm UK based too, my technician recommended elma! I bought a tube of that from Boots xD have you notcied any oxidisation from the removal? Mine has sorta oxidised to a brownish colour where I did the patch test
    I'll show you the pic. its been 2 days since I've had it done
    Mine just looks a little red around the tattoo ink and loads of little scabs
    WARNING - very badly drawn tattoo

Also I was told that emla cream makes it bleed more. not sure if that's true? but mine did bleed for a good 5 hours after :/

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sezy For This Useful Post:

Hollow (06-06-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    I'll show you the pic. its been 2 days since I've had it done
    Mine just looks a little red around the tattoo ink and loads of little scabs
    WARNING - very badly drawn tattoo

Also I was told that emla cream makes it bleed more. not sure if that's true? but mine did bleed for a good 5 hours after :/
    Thanks for showing a pic! Looks super painful, how has the swelling been after the session? I'm a bit anxious because I'm treating both of my half sleeves, totally not looking forward to the healing. No idea about the emla cream causing more bleeding though, I'll have to ask my technician when I go back in! What laser are you being treated with? Is it Picosure?
    Last edited by Hollow; 06-06-2021 at 12:55 PM. Reason: typo

*that's rough buddy*

Pronouns
    it
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    79/1
    Mentioned
    39 times
    Time Online
    16d 12h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Thanks for showing a pic! Looks super painful, how has the swelling been after the session? I'm a bit anxious because I'm treating both of my half sleeves, totally not looking forward to the healing. No idea about the emla cream causing more bleeding though, I'll have to ask my technician when I go back in! What laser are you being treated with? Is it Picosure?
    it looks painful but it's actually fine lol. if anything it just feels itchy
    the swelling wasn't too bad, even now it's barely noticeable. weirdly though i noticed the swelling more on my opposite wrist?

oh a few hours after having it done I had some seriously bad headaches. could literally feel the veins in my head throbbing and it made me feel really sick and tired for a couple of hours. i googled it and it's caused by the Mercury and whatever else is in the ink going into your blood

I have no idea what laser it was. I'm from up north so I never bothered to ask. if it does the job then no need to ask questions aye? XD

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    2d 15h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Update - Had my consultation today. Did a patch test. It hurts lol. I have an appointment in July for my first of 8 sessions, told my mum, she's supportive of my decision!
    Good luck, I have considered getting my neck tattoo removed as well. I went to a consultation about two years ago but put it on hold.
    Hope the process goes well for you.

My tattoo:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    it looks painful but it's actually fine lol. if anything it just feels itchy
    the swelling wasn't too bad, even now it's barely noticeable. weirdly though i noticed the swelling more on my opposite wrist?

oh a few hours after having it done I had some seriously bad headaches. could literally feel the veins in my head throbbing and it made me feel really sick and tired for a couple of hours. i googled it and it's caused by the Mercury and whatever else is in the ink going into your blood

I have no idea what laser it was. I'm from up north so I never bothered to ask. if it does the job then no need to ask questions aye? XD
    glad it's not too painful for you! Had no idea about the headaches though, never thought that could happen! Haha that's fair xD I'm traveling into Central London, literally hate how long the journey is Dx

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CattHead View Post
    Good luck, I have considered getting my neck tattoo removed as well. I went to a consultation about two years ago but put it on hold.
    Hope the process goes well for you.

My tattoo:
    Thanks! Best of luck with your removal journey too! It's a cool looking tattoo!

*that's rough buddy*