26/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    3d 13h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimikyu View Post
    Have you tried the expanded Free Trial of our critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? You can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award-winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for FREE with no restrictions on playtime.

Meme aside, FFXIV has captivated me for a few years now and I’ve never enjoyed MMO games, I’ve always enjoyed playing single-player games. Seconding the suggestion for ESO as well, I love both franchises.
    Hey Mimikyu!
    I am playing FFXIV right now. Doing the first quests and enjoying it so far.
    I'm still thinking about ESO. I will probably buy the base game soon. I will be leaving my thoughts on them here.
    I'm already really enjoying the tips I received from u guys!
    Hope to play something with u all

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spore For This Useful Post:

Dot (05-12-2021),Mimikyu (05-12-2021)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    4d 12h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by luk06 View Post
    Hey Mimikyu!
    I am playing FFXIV right now. Doing the first quests and enjoying it so far.
    I'm still thinking about ESO. I will probably buy the base game soon. I will be leaving my thoughts on them here.
    I'm already really enjoying the tips I received from u guys!
    Hope to play something with u all
    I’m happy to hear that!! It’s a bit slow at first, but it does pick up soon enough. Mind if I ask which data center you’re playing on at the moment? They’ll be allowing us to travel to other data centers in a few patches from now, but for the time being as long as we’re all in the same data center we can meet up with world visit regardless of the server we’re on. My main’s over on Crystal, although I have alts on Aether and Primal as well.

One of the big selling points for me about ESO is that I don’t need to pay for a subscription, although it unfortunately isn’t cross-platform which can be a bit of a turn off if you like the social aspect of MMOs.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mimikyu For This Useful Post:

Spore (05-13-2021)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    3d 13h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimikyu View Post
    I’m happy to hear that!! It’s a bit slow at first, but it does pick up soon enough. Mind if I ask which data center you’re playing on at the moment? They’ll be allowing us to travel to other data centers in a few patches from now, but for the time being as long as we’re all in the same data center we can meet up with world visit regardless of the server we’re on. My main’s over on Crystal, although I have alts on Aether and Primal as well.

One of the big selling points for me about ESO is that I don’t need to pay for a subscription, although it unfortunately isn’t cross-platform which can be a bit of a turn off if you like the social aspect of MMOs.
    I created the first char in Aether (Adamantoise). I didn't really know where to create, so I went with the first one ç_ç.
    If you want to meet me there or in some other way, my nickname is Shalyk Dazkar. I will be happy to play and learn more with you

I will stick with FFXIV a little more before trying ESO. But i'm excited about this one too.
    Last edited by Spore; 05-13-2021 at 12:11 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Spore For This Useful Post:

Mimikyu (05-13-2021)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    4d 12h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I created the first char in Aether (Adamantoise). I didn't really know where to create, so I went with the first one ç_ç.
    If you want to meet me there or in some other way, my nickname is Shalyk Dazkar. I will be happy to play and learn more with you

I will stick with FFXIV a little more before trying ESO. But i'm excited about this one too.
    My Aether alt is over on Faerie by the name of Valentyne Fyth, so no worries about you being on Adamantoise! I can come and visit when the weekend hits, since I’ll be free then if you need any assistance with dungeons. Aether from what I remember correctly has a bit of a reputation for being a raiding server because of Gilgamesh and Cactaur is more or less of a meme server, Crystal’s known for roleplaying as it has both Balmung and Mateus on it, and Primal seems like a mix of both social and raiding?

Though ultimately, there’s always a bit of something for everyone. I think I’ve been having a lot of fun seeing the community get together as of late for art parties, where people hang out at a specified location and draw each other. There’s plenty of non-artists that attend too, sometimes they’ll take screenshots and even raffle off rare items and gil too! Though there’s always something going on, maybe an impromptu concert in Limsa by a band of moogles or even just someone charitable hosting a gameshow in Ul’dah

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mimikyu For This Useful Post:

Spore (05-14-2021)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    3d 13h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    My Aether alt is over on Faerie by the name of Valentyne Fyth, so no worries about you being on Adamantoise! I can come and visit when the weekend hits, since I’ll be free then if you need any assistance with dungeons. Aether from what I remember correctly has a bit of a reputation for being a raiding server because of Gilgamesh and Cactaur is more or less of a meme server, Crystal’s known for roleplaying as it has both Balmung and Mateus on it, and Primal seems like a mix of both social and raiding?

Though ultimately, there’s always a bit of something for everyone. I think I’ve been having a lot of fun seeing the community get together as of late for art parties, where people hang out at a specified location and draw each other. There’s plenty of non-artists that attend too, sometimes they’ll take screenshots and even raffle off rare items and gil too! Though there’s always something going on, maybe an impromptu concert in Limsa by a band of moogles or even just someone charitable hosting a gameshow in Ul’dah
    Ah, nice to know that each server has a different aspect. This week is going to be a busy one for me, I will probably be able to get in very little. I believe that next week will be calmer.
    I'll add you there and if you're online, I'll call you! Maybe we even participate in an art event

* Forgot to reply with quote
    Last edited by Spore; 05-14-2021 at 11:43 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Spore For This Useful Post:

Mimikyu (05-14-2021)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    4d 12h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Ah, nice to know that each server has a different aspect. This week is going to be a busy one for me, I will probably be able to get in very little. I believe that next week will be calmer.
    I'll add you there and if you're online, I'll call you! Maybe we even participate in an art event

* Forgot to reply with quote
    Not a problem! Life comes first, just shoot me a message whenever

Off the top of my head I know that Tonberry over in the JP servers is a non-official all worlds server, so you have some NA/EU/Oceania players hanging around in addition to JP players. Tonberry often tends to be very competitive and holds the title for a few World Firsts because they’ve got practically zero downtime as far as player engagement goes lol

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mimikyu For This Useful Post:

Spore (05-15-2021)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    76d 19h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Sorry if this is to late to talk about (Or no longer of interest), but as a few others have talked about, FFXIV is a rather good MMO.
    Im actually searching the forums while I craft which is how I found this lol.

I've been playing it for about 6-7 years now and I love it. The story is amazing and very well played out. Granted its SUPER long to catch up to and there is a part that is just a drag, but I promise that its very much worth it.
    I mainly craft in the game so I can make gear for myself and even some gil to buy random outfits or stuff for my house. (Just know that glam and housing is the true endgame!)

Ive played WoW for about 8 years before FFXIV and I can say that I enjoy FF more than I do WoW.

My main is on Crystal, but I have an Aether alt as well.
    I've been thinking of making one on Primal lol

The game offers a lot but I dont feel that its to much, unlike how WoW thinks an MMO should be. BFA was a total mess and they thought that giving you dailies and weeklies to do made a good game lol

But if you do continue to play FFXIV, I hope you enjoy your stay and enjoy the story! Its honestly such a wonderful and beautiful game!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulbasaur For This Useful Post:

Spore (08-16-2021)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    93 times
    Time Online
    127d 9h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    I've been playing FFXIV for the past few years and I love the game! So much content, great graphics, incredible music, and the story gets reeeally good once you're past the initial base content (once you get past lv 50, essentially). The community is generally very friendly as well, and even if you don't have friends to play with, you can find a Free Company (aka a guild) to join where you can meet people to chat with & do content with. The Heavensward expansion, which is free, is REALLY good!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Foxglove For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur (05-26-2021),Spore (08-16-2021)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    76d 19h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxglove View Post
    I've been playing FFXIV for the past few years and I love the game! So much content, great graphics, incredible music, and the story gets reeeally good once you're past the initial base content (once you get past lv 50, essentially). The community is generally very friendly as well, and even if you don't have friends to play with, you can find a Free Company (aka a guild) to join where you can meet people to chat with & do content with. The Heavensward expansion, which is free, is REALLY good!
    I agree with the Level 50 part! There's going to be some story that just drags on, but is still very worth!
    As for FCs, they are a great way to chat and make new friends! I do admit that I am more of a "solo" player, but its always fun to join and FC and do group activities with them! Like do a thing called "Maps".
    Maps are a way for a group of people to go into a mini dungeon and just kill stuff while getting some nice loot and some good gil!

In all, Id say to still take your time with it!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulbasaur For This Useful Post:

Spore (08-16-2021)