25/0
    Mentioned
    155 times
    Time Online
    51d 6h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    It was a good summary, but overall wasn't a big fan of the video. idk, I watch a lot of pop culture breakdowns and analysis videos, some of which are really thought-out and well-researched, though I guess some of which are, while still well-researched, kind of a laugh. idk, this one just fell kind of flat for me and if I wasn't so invested in neopets I'd probably have clicked away. I'm not expecting somebody like Jenny Nicholson to make a video on this type of thing, just too niche, but damned if I wouldn't love it.
    That pretty much sums it up for me too. It wasn't a bad video but, idk. I would really like someone to go more in-depth over how TNT routinely screws their players that actually spend money on the site.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goddammit For This Useful Post:

dustyc (05-07-2021),My name is Yoshikage Kira (05-07-2021)

Pronouns
    He / Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    232 times
    Time Online
    65d 7h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Quote Originally Posted by RealisticError View Post
    Let's not forget that they stored their passwords in plain text! (at least, they did when the DB leak happened) If anything the bad security and the hackers gave everyone what they wanted...in a round-about way, without this scandal the conversation around UCs would always stay as "nah, can't be done"
    They used to store passwords in plaintext.
    But even up to today, they still don't support some special characters in password

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Shawn For This Useful Post:

RealisticError (05-09-2021)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    190 times
    Time Online
    85d 8h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 34m
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    It was a good summary, but overall wasn't a big fan of the video. idk, I watch a lot of pop culture breakdowns and analysis videos, some of which are really thought-out and well-researched (...)
    Same, I like to read long (or shorter) form articles about pop culture. Recently I feel like I've become pretty disenchanted with a lot of these bc they feel like low hanging fruit that the author then doesn't really actually follow through with some clincher at the end. I see it from the NYT a lot about influencer scandals, where I feel like they've read some snarky gossip or chat and then just regurgitated it as their own in a superficial manner. Anyways I've digressed from this video now haha.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Aero For This Useful Post:

Dot (05-07-2021)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    36 times
    Time Online
    33d 23h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    i gotta say, im excited that there is a video breaking this down so i can show my friends who arent into neopets at all or have the slightest idea about UC trading this so they will get a kick out of it.
    also i had no idea about TNT thinking about bringing back UC's so now i'm like ������
    ������
    ������
    i do think its also interesting the staff are kinda finally going ..ok we need to realize our audience isnt 5 year olds anymore kinda thing.