51/0
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    11d 7h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m

Monster Hunter Rise

Does anyone else play? I started playing a few days ago, and this is my first ever Monster Hunter game, so I guess I'd be considered a big newcomer! I've found myself liking the Light Bowgun a lot with gyro controls turned on. I didn't expect it to be as fun as I thought it would be, especially when I set down a bomb with my bowgun and a monster runs on it.

Does anyone have any good tips or stuff for newcomers like me? All I ask is no major game spoilers.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    77 times
    Time Online
    20d 18h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    @(you need an account to see links)

I've been playing this since release, it has basically consumed my life haha. I only starting playing Monster Hunter when World came out, so I'm still sorta fresh to the series as well. I'm a bow/bow gun player and I have to say, I enjoy it a lot! A lot of the things I learned were through watching youtube guides haha, so that's where I would point you regarding tips

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Furina For This Useful Post:

Android (04-21-2021)

Pronouns
    He/They
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    51/0
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    11d 7h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rize View Post
    @<a href="https://clraik.com/forum/member.php?u=25127" target="_blank">Android</a>

I've been playing this since release, it has basically consumed my life haha. I only starting playing Monster Hunter when World came out, so I'm still sorta fresh to the series as well. I'm a bow/bow gun player and I have to say, I enjoy it a lot! A lot of the things I learned were through watching youtube guides haha, so that's where I would point you regarding tips
    Oh neat! I've always wanted to try World but I have a dingy laptop and don't own a PS4, it looks really neat. I haven't looked through many video guides yet, just some basic ones. It was Captain Astronaut that got me interested in trying different weapons from this video!

I just unlocked Switch skills (I'm village rank 3 now) and I wanna see what I can do with the Wyvernblast. It feels so good to set down a wyvernblast bomb and see a Lagombi roll right on top of it. Massive damage.

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    704 times
    Time Online
    349d 13h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 10m
    Bumping this back up as I have set down Rune Factory 4 temporarily to get my ass kicked in Monster Hunter Rise until I get it right lol.

I'll probably have to mess with the controls a bit. I'm a Bow main (from World) and a slight Charge Blade / Dual Blade user, and idk if it's just the switch's default controlling, but the CB is stupid to get used to lol.

Though, it is a fun experience and I'm catching on pretty fast. I'll just stick to the Bow for the time being since I'm confident enough in that weapon at least to hunt properly.

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon
    (you need an account to see links)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

Android (05-01-2021)

Pronouns
    He/They
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    51/0
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    11d 7h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittany View Post
    Bumping this back up as I have set down Rune Factory 4 temporarily to get my ass kicked in Monster Hunter Rise until I get it right lol.

I'll probably have to mess with the controls a bit. I'm a Bow main (from World) and a slight Charge Blade / Dual Blade user, and idk if it's just the switch's default controlling, but the CB is stupid to get used to lol.

Though, it is a fun experience and I'm catching on pretty fast. I'll just stick to the Bow for the time being since I'm confident enough in that weapon at least to hunt properly.
    Woah nice, I heard the Bow is completely busted in this game! I haven't tried Charge or Dual blades yet, but Duals look fun with how fast they are. Do you play using gyro controls on the Bow?

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    704 times
    Time Online
    349d 13h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 10m
    Quote Originally Posted by Android View Post
    Woah nice, I heard the Bow is completely busted in this game! I haven't tried Charge or Dual blades yet, but Duals look fun with how fast they are. Do you play using gyro controls on the Bow?
    Yes the bow is just as good as it was in World! I'm kind of upset they got rid of the bows raining Arc Shot and replaced it with buffs, but that extra heal or affinity boost does help greatly towards the end of a hunt. I personally don't use Gyro controls because the switch's gyro motion is so sensitive that the tiniest nudge can throw a shot off. I found that using the right stick to aim is better because you usually don't have to adjust your aim so much or even at all lol since I typically move my character to match up to the monster instead of moving to aim often.

I have also started the Long Blade tonight and this weapon definitely takes some learning. I've been practicing combos for the better part of tonight and fighting low level monsters, but the most important thing I'm learning are monster's hit boxes length and I'm remembering why I hate fighting close range.

Buimeleon made by Hare

Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon
    (you need an account to see links)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

Android (05-03-2021)

Pronouns
    He/They
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    51/0
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    11d 7h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittany View Post
    Yes the bow is just as good as it was in World! I'm kind of upset they got rid of the bows raining Arc Shot and replaced it with buffs, but that extra heal or affinity boost does help greatly towards the end of a hunt. I personally don't use Gyro controls because the switch's gyro motion is so sensitive that the tiniest nudge can throw a shot off. I found that using the right stick to aim is better because you usually don't have to adjust your aim so much or even at all lol since I typically move my character to match up to the monster instead of moving to aim often.

I have also started the Long Blade tonight and this weapon definitely takes some learning. I've been practicing combos for the better part of tonight and fighting low level monsters, but the most important thing I'm learning are monster's hit boxes length and I'm remembering why I hate fighting close range.
    Oh yeah, switching from the Light Bowgun to the Longsword for a bit was very scary and I took a lot of hits...I had my first Nargacuga fight the other day and wiped out twice *shivers* that thing is the most dangerous monster I've faced so far. Eventually you get used to it as the Longsword has a kit that allows you to side-step with Fade Slash and the ZR+A counter slash thing also has a dodge. It's honestly really neat! Also, I might try turning off gyro controls and see how it works out thanks to your suggestion.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Android For This Useful Post:

Buizel (05-04-2021)

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    704 times
    Time Online
    349d 13h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 10m
    Yeah the Fade Slash has saved me more times than I can count with the Long Blade. After a few more days of it, and beating Magnamalo with it shockingly, the Long Blade is pretty fun to play with! Once you somewhat learn where safe spots are to attack without being in the tiny window of a monster's hitbox, the damage it can do is insane lol.

Alongside practicing with the Bow and Long Blade, I'm taking up the Insect Glaive and holy hell is it fun flying everywhere. Just gotta get in line with actually flying towards a monster and hitting them because I keep missing.

Buimeleon made by Hare