DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    188 times
    Time Online
    84d 20h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 35m
    Congratulations! That must be an incredible weight off your shoulders. Best of luck with everything in your new role; it sounds like you'll kill it!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    93d 7h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 36m
    Congrats on your new job!! I know it can be quite scary to quit a job, specially when you've been working there for so long but you're taking a big step forward on growing professionally and I'm sure you're gonna have a blast at your new job! <3

There is no trash cannot, only
    TRASH CAN

Special thanks to lyrichord for the amazing userbar avatar & honeycomb for the cutest drawing!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    331 times
    Time Online
    124d 23h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 17m
    Congratulations on getting a great new opportunity! And ditching a place that sounds like it's taking some real nasty advantage of you

if it helps at all, one of my employees actually gave me his resignation notice today as well and he felt the same way - he said he wanted to throw up on his keyboard leading up to the meeting, but in the end the conversation was super easy*. Last employee who I had resign mentioned something similar, that she was terrified to have to have The Conversation but it was all good in the end. It's like ripping a band-aid off. Try to hang in there for now, the roller coaster feeling will hopefully go away as soon as you're able to send that notice and speak to your current supervisor and then you can enjoy the excitement instead of feeling the nerves.

*I'd been anticipating this guy to resign so there is that too, there have been some extreme extenuating circumstances involving him getting re-orged to my team a month ago after the the death of a teammate on his old team in February (they were team of two) he was very close to :/

sea serpent ryu by GWN | star gazing ub GreyFaerie | serpent scales ub by Infected | avatar by Dita
    consolidation of all four beauties by Lyrichord
    better quality images on petpage in spoilers

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    84 times
    Time Online
    14d 15h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by xChoppie View Post
    Congrats!

I'm in a similar situation.
    I'm the only one tanking my section and because of Covid, there's a freeze in hiring so there's no one to help me out.
    I've also had a pay cut for over a year now and I'm really thinking of looking out for other opportunities for a new start and of course a better working environment and salary (My peers are earning much more than me too).

But I feel guilty, like what happens if I leave.
    This stops me from actively looking out but friends and even my colleagues have encouraged me to leave.

Well hopefully I'll stop procrastinating and start my job search!
    I know its scary, and if you are anything like you, you are personally invested in your people and your work so its even harder. But I promise its worth it to walk away and get to something where you are treated more like what you are worth. It was really scary but I'm already so happy I am doing this! It makes me feel good about me!

- - - Updated - - -

Oops, I have to wait one more day! They wrote out and have the offer letter, but my future boss is currently traveling and won't be able to sign until the morning. I can't get myself to put in the notice without the written offer in hand... so ONE more night of nausea and nerves

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ambient For This Useful Post:

xChoppie (05-03-2021)