Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Time Online
    6 h 1 m
    Avg. Time Online
    54 m

Japanese Music is slept on 4sure

So I stumbled upon this gem of a duo from Japan: Dustin Wong & Takako Minekawa on Bandcamp, and I started listening to their Are Euphoria album, bc I love exeprimental shit, I always listen with open ears and an open mind, and man, such complexities, such soundscaping, such powerful gravitating emotion that it pulls deep from me.

https://dustinwong.bandcamp.com/album/are-euphoria

It's 100% BEST heard from start to finish in-order. It's an experience that changed me in a minute but profound way, and I'd love to share it with you.

An excerpt from thier Bandcamp Bio:

The sounds of Dustin Wong & Takako Minekawa are a coalescence of the complexities of life, with the sheer joy of imaginative creation. Are Euphoria continues to dive deeper into the dreamlike technicolor tapestries their songs have always explored, blossoming forward with each cycle of loops. Completely characteristic of their style, Wong and Minekawa achieve a density of textures, timbres, beats, and harmonies while remaining totally weightless, suspended in the air.

Music in Japanese is written in two words, sound and enjoyment. Counterpoint, dissonance, odd time signatures - when all these things accumulate and coalesce in interesting and harmonious ways, it is like hearing or seeing an idyllic perception of Humanity. Like a curving line that streams up in to the sky, like a flock of birds or a school of fish, the directions and shapes change in seemingly random ways, yet create patterns that dance and seduce consciousness.

Every beat, melody, is a unique metaphor to each individual. The variety of peoples, cultures, religions, thoughts, hobbies, races, these differences molten together, the differences are the elements needed in creating harmony. The same sound on top of the same sound doesn't form harmonies. Harmony is created by differences. Depending on the desires and sentiments that go into sound, the music changes, the power of the individual's metaphor and imagination can take the listener to profound distances. Each person's impression, are all unique and completely limitless.

Are Euphoria is deeply influenced by a branch of “fusion" that is more about creating a world rather than focusing on performance or technical dexterity. Musicians like Yasuaki Shimizu, Motohiko Hamase, Mono Fontana, Joe Zawinul, Steve Shehan, and many others that were able to create musical environments helped to inspire the worlds created on Are Euphoria.
    <3 Share some amazing sounds you've discovered from Japan!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to uglypoopemoji For This Useful Post:

lyrichord (4 Days Ago),Stardust (4 Days Ago),Synthbass (4 Days Ago),Trash Panda (4 Days Ago)

Pronoun(s)
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Time Online
    40 d 25 m
    Avg. Time Online
    38 m
    I haven't played the whole thing yet but this is INSANE. I'll be keeping up with them for sure. Holy crap I love it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Synthbass For This Useful Post:

uglypoopemoji (4 Days Ago)

Pronoun(s)
    Thugga/Thugly
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Time Online
    6 h 1 m
    Avg. Time Online
    54 m
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthbass View Post
    I haven't played the whole thing yet but this is INSANE. I'll be keeping up with them for sure. Holy crap I love it.
    YOOO I HAD THE SAME REACTION <3 I AM SO GLAD I FOUND THEM, BANDCAMP IS AN AMAZING RESOURCE #~#*<3

6. The Following User Says Thank You to uglypoopemoji For This Useful Post:

Synthbass (4 Days Ago)

Pronoun(s)
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Time Online
    40 d 25 m
    Avg. Time Online
    38 m
    Quote Originally Posted by uglypoopemoji View Post
    YOOO I HAD THE SAME REACTION <3 I AM SO GLAD I FOUND THEM, BANDCAMP IS AN AMAZING RESOURCE #~#*<3
    I've been sleeping on bandcamp in general apparently