Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you plan to do after getting vaccinated?

Pronouns
    He/They
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    51/0
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    11d 8h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Wow, just finished reading through all of the replies so far! Generally it seems a lot of people just want to return to normal life just like I do. For those in countries where the vaccine isn't fully rolled out yet, I hope it does and everything goes well for you. I'm also really happy to see that y'all are taking precautions still anyway - honestly, I think I like wearing a mask more often in public than not due to realizing how unsanitary things were once the pandemic started here (and most people where I live go maskless from the start).

For those who haven't gotten it yet, it's really normal to have headaches and fatigue along with soreness or chills - but it only last for 1-2 days or so. I wish everyone a speedy recovery! We'll make it out of this.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android For This Useful Post:

Dot (05-01-2021),dustyc (05-01-2021)

Pronouns
    she/her or they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/0
    Mentioned
    145 times
    Time Online
    32d 10h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by Alister View Post
    I've become arrogant and don't fear catching Covid (my boyfriend, who I live with, had it and we didn't social distance as we assumed I'd catch it too - but I never did, a swab and a blood test confirmed it) but I got the first shot yesterday (my arm hurts like a bitch wtf this never happens when I donate blood, are shots always like this??). I'm going to join the gym down the street after I get the second one. I used to be able to work out at my office's gym but they still aren't allowing employees capable of working remotely back in the building. I miss lifting weights so badly, I need it back in my life
    IIRC they said that a sore arm is a common side effect of the vaccination. I had the same happen with the HPV one, sore arm for days. And your comment reminded me of how much I miss the gym! They're open for up to 10 people that still have to wear masks, except when they do endurance training??? Which is the reason why I'm holding off. But once I've got both shots (or one, idk), I'll drag my weak ass (literally, my glutes are... sad) to the gym and be reunited with my beloved machines lol.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dot For This Useful Post:

Android (05-01-2021),dustyc (05-01-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    13h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I had my first jab a few weeks ago, getting the second on Tuesday and my plan... is to stay in bed all day and order takeout. I felt very rough after the first one (nausea, achy limbs and jelly legs, headache) so if it happens again, I'm ready and if it doesn't, well, I have takeout.

Then I want to visit my sister. She only lives a half hour drive away, but I haven't seen her since last August because my housemate was shielding and it just wasn't worth the risk. Oh, and then eventually I want to take ice skating lessons. It was my New Years Resolution back at the beginning of 2020 but obviously didn't happen.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sugarsnaptea For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 14h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I just got my second dose a week or so ago! I'm really excited to be able to see some of my friends, as well as see my grandparents. I've only been able to see them twice since this started and they aren't in the best shape.

My second dose wasn't that bad, but my first shot made me super tired. i also totally will be wearing my mask everywhere, since i really like having a bit of my face covered.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pockycola For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    202 times
    Time Online
    118d 2h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 1m
    i got my second this past monday! i'm honestly just excited to not have to deal with the anxiety of the virus for myself.
    i'm high risk due to some of my health conditions, so me and people coming in and out of my household have had to be really extra careful. that weight of anxiety off my shoulders will be so nice :')

also being able to just. casually walk into a nice little cafe spontaneously. that just sounds so nice right now!!

i like plushie tonu & making silly art ૮ ˶ᵔ ᴥ ᵔ˶ ა

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to honeycomb For This Useful Post:

Android (05-02-2021),Lyrichord (05-13-2021),pockycola (05-02-2021)

Pronouns
    he/him, they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    3d 11h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Go to work without worrying about being a disease vector or getting sick and dying. At the rate the government is moving, that's probably not gonna happen until June.

The nightingale sings out of spite.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nightingale For This Useful Post:

Android (05-02-2021),pockycola (05-02-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    13h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Happy to report than my only side effect this time is an achy arm. Also I slept in until 11.30am. But other than that, this time I feel fine! Still getting takeout though.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sugarsnaptea For This Useful Post:

Android (05-07-2021),Lyrichord (05-13-2021)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    3d 13h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I'm 28 and living in Brazil, so I have no idea when I will be vaccinated. It is very sad to have a negationist president.
    But when I get vaccinated, I surely will travel everywhere. I miss it so much...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Spore For This Useful Post:

Android (05-07-2021)

Pronouns
    it/its or they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    76 times
    Time Online
    8d 2h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    i'm getting my first dose in about an hour now that we have our scooter! maybe i'll pick up something to eat while i'm out?
    Pip!
    Pip! Hatched April 9, 2021, as a Chameleon!
    Was magically transformed into a Bunny April 16, 2021! I'll add the other dates soon!
    *hop, hop, hop*(you need an account to see links)

please message me with additions to the high risk list! i try to keep it updated <3

i update my song pretty frequently! let me know if you like it, or if you have something you think i'll like! <3

(yell at me to draw pls)

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hare For This Useful Post:

Android (05-07-2021),♥ lagrima ♥ (05-13-2021)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    189 times
    Time Online
    85d 5h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 34m
    I'm fully vaccinated, but I just moved to a country that's slower on the rollout, so I don't think I'm going to be able to do much anyways for what my coworkers are starting to believe is the rest of the year.

@(you need an account to see links) congrats on getting your first shot! def treat yourself

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aero For This Useful Post:

Android (05-07-2021),Hare (05-07-2021)