Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi! First Post. Not New. Would like Friends. :)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    20d 5h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m

Hi! First Post. Not New. Would like Friends. :)

Hi guys! I'm Nano. I'm not new to cK, but this is my first time posting so it's nice to meet you all!

I've been here for a couple years, mostly lurking, buying stuff, and checking out what everyone is up to.

What prompted me to make this post was that after wandering around the forums and helping to take care of everyone's cute Ryugotchi, it looks like I now have a Ryu of my own!
    As much as I'd like to be with my Ryu 24/7, I'm going to need you guys' help to look after him, and that means I need to leave my lurk swamp and put myself out there.

I'm not good at art, music, or anything like that, but I do really like Neo stuff for the nostalgia. I'd love some Neopets friends, Nintendo game friends, or just cK friends!
    I'm also a professional tutor so I may be able to help with your university homework, LOL.

Anyways, feel free to DM me to chat, rant, or whatever
    I live in a country without lockdowns but pretty much everything is closed anyways... haha....

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to N A N O For This Useful Post:

Cinnamoroll (05-01-2021),Gato (05-04-2021),Nala (05-08-2021),RicoBandito (05-01-2021),Trash Panda (05-02-2021)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    693 times
    Time Online
    83d 2h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Hey there! Thanks for introducing yourself. Yay for more Ryu parents! I’m not particularly good at any of nth things you mentioned either but that’s okay! I’ve made some good friends in the forum, don’t be afraid to join in on the fun! We do run various events, like we did a bake off in march and the hunger games simulation game ran tonight as well

What Nintendo games do you like?

(you need an account to see links)

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnamoroll For This Useful Post:

N A N O (05-01-2021)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    20d 5h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Hi Cinnamoroll! Thank you for dropping by. Your profile page is so cute I can't even.

I just looked over all the bake-off posts and WOW. That is some next-level stuff. Do we have cook-offs too? Hesitant to try baking again because I almost set my oven on fire the last time I did it, but I'd be happy to demonstrate whole turkey roasting, sushi, various kinds of Asian food etc, if we had a cook-off.

I dabble in a little bit of everything Nintendo!

I used to be an avid Smash Bros player since the Melee generation, but with DLC characters & buff/nerf patches being a regular occurrence now, I don't have time to read up on it, practice, and stay meta anymore (because adulting sucks ). I still enjoy the game casually though.

I have a (half-complete) Animal Crossing New Horizons island, Fire Emblem, Pikmin... everything except Mario stuff because I'm AWFUL at platformers.
    I've already put in my pre-orders for Zelda Skyward Sword and the Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne remake! I'm really looking forward to this summer because so many new games are coming out.

Are there any games you like, or are looking forward to in the next couple months?
    Last edited by N A N O; 05-01-2021 at 04:05 AM.

Gyaoo!
    Pronouns
    【she ⚡ her】
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    330 times
    Time Online
    52d 6h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    Hey Nano, nice to meet you!! We'll keep a good eye on your ryu for you, we're all a bit obsessed lol!

Thank you Zenitsu and Greyfaerie for my siggy UBs respectively!
    Thank you Hollow for the vector art!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Zapdos For This Useful Post:

N A N O (05-01-2021)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    20d 5h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapdos View Post
    Hey Nano, nice to meet you!! We'll keep a good eye on your ryu for you, we're all a bit obsessed lol!
    Aww, thanks! My ryu buddy and I will be counting on you guys. <3

You've got one heck of a Zapdos collection! Is your glass case the one from IKEA?
    I have a very modest anime figure collection and was thinking about getting a glass case eventually. Dunno which ones are good though because no one around me collects stuff...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to N A N O For This Useful Post:

Zapdos (05-01-2021)

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    704 times
    Time Online
    349d 14h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 10m
    Hello Nano! Nice to meet you and congrats on your Ryu. I'm mostly a Nintendo player as well (and I never pass up a chance to talk about my favorite pokemon ) Have you tried playing Monster Hunter Rise? This game is addicting lol and I'm hoping it bodes me over into July when everything under the sun seems to release that month (Skyward Sword, Ace Attorney, ect.)

Hoping we can speak more on the ck boards!

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

N A N O (05-01-2021)

Gyaoo!
    Pronouns
    【she ⚡ her】
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    330 times
    Time Online
    52d 6h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    Quote Originally Posted by nkmr17 View Post
    Aww, thanks! My ryu buddy and I will be counting on you guys. <3

You've got one heck of a Zapdos collection! Is your glass case the one from IKEA?
    I have a very modest anime figure collection and was thinking about getting a glass case eventually. Dunno which ones are good though because no one around me collects stuff...
    Awwww thank you so much!! Wow yes it is the one from IKEA, great spotting! I got it 2 years ago but only put it together a month ago. So far its been great, would definitely recommend. I'd love to see your collection!

Thank you Zenitsu and Greyfaerie for my siggy UBs respectively!
    Thank you Hollow for the vector art!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,155 times
    Time Online
    550d 23h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    Hello! Welcome out of the land of lurking! Ryu are definitely a great way to start becoming more involved. Also really into Neopets for the nostalgia, so it's been rough watching the transition.

I think even if you aren't good at things like art and music, we have a super supportive community, so I think everybody would love anything you did share if you engage casually.

Anyway, hope to see you around!

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

14. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

N A N O (05-03-2021)

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    18d 16h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Hi Nano and welcome!! Looking forward to helping take care of your new ryu! What a nice catalyst for coming out of lurking. He suits your profile picture so well.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    693 times
    Time Online
    83d 2h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by nkmr17 View Post
    Hi Cinnamoroll! Thank you for dropping by. Your profile page is so cute I can't even.

I just looked over all the bake-off posts and WOW. That is some next-level stuff. Do we have cook-offs too? Hesitant to try baking again because I almost set my oven on fire the last time I did it, but I'd be happy to demonstrate whole turkey roasting, sushi, various kinds of Asian food etc, if we had a cook-off.

I dabble in a little bit of everything Nintendo!

I used to be an avid Smash Bros player since the Melee generation, but with DLC characters & buff/nerf patches being a regular occurrence now, I don't have time to read up on it, practice, and stay meta anymore (because adulting sucks ). I still enjoy the game casually though.

I have a (half-complete) Animal Crossing New Horizons island, Fire Emblem, Pikmin... everything except Mario stuff because I'm AWFUL at platformers.
    I've already put in my pre-orders for Zelda Skyward Sword and the Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne remake! I'm really looking forward to this summer because so many new games are coming out.

Are there any games you like, or are looking forward to in the next couple months?
    I don’t think we have done a cook off/cooking challenge specifically that I know of?! But that could be a fun idea for the future?!?

I play a lot of Animal Crossing and Stardew Valley on my switch. I’m definitely looking forward to the pokemon diamond/Pearl remakes! I loved those and haven’t played that version in YEARS!
    I also saw Snowrunner is coming to switch. I wonder if it will have mod support? My partner plays snowrunner on our PS4 and mod support was recently released on the console versions of it, so maybe he will pick up another copy LOL

Also thank you for the comment on my profile. It took me a while to figure out how to fully customise and deck it out, with some help from others! I think it’s fun to pick userbars and avatars and stuff
    Last edited by Cinnamoroll; 05-01-2021 at 02:28 PM.

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)