5/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    5d 16h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m

Multiaccounting?

Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts about how to safely multi on FR. I'd like to have access to more eye colors (and other limited-per-account things), but I'm also super paranoid. What's the safest bet to avoid getting caught? I'd be avoiding the forums or interaction outside of the AH really and making anything going back to my main look legit in various ways, but they'll be mostly played separate from each other and not funneled, if that makes any difference.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 22h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    VPNs may help, but also using a different device, like a phone might help, also don't funnel funds or items from account to account too often. Basically, make it look like someone else is playing, like a friend. They really can't do much if you share IPs with someone because y'know like people in dorms or sharing internet, that is unless you make it obvious you're the same person.
    Just be careful is really what I'm saying, but you didn't hear that from me

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SimplyVexing For This Useful Post:

Parker (04-26-2021)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    5d 16h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Yeah, I'm planning on different browsers and VPNs! And they're mostly going to be played separately, with any interaction played as people who know each other outside of FR and only occasionally send stuff or work out trades. My primary draw is to have access to different eyes for breeding, to be completely honest. I want some variety. I know this is kinda silly.

Also I need the joy of hatching more nests. Never enough nests. Let me roll the dice for more random dragons. I don't want to be rich I just want to collect pretty pixel lizards.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    222/0
    Mentioned
    224 times
    Time Online
    101d 6h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    36m
    I dont have much experience with vpn, but dont their ip change each time? I'd go with a proxy, i've been doing like this for neopets and never had an issue, it's paid but there are sides that starts in 6usd monthly for 5 proxies so it's definelty a good investment to keep you safe

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DrSloth For This Useful Post:

Parker (04-27-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    3d 19h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Staff won’t care as long as you’re not trying to funnel / cheat or bot.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cutepup For This Useful Post:

Parker (04-27-2021)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    3d 19h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Two things:
    If your accounts aren't planning to interact with each other very often, you don't need to do much, you can just say "Hey my siblings play FR too!" and it's fine.

If your accounts ARE planning to interact with each other often, try to avoid using the forums a lot. Staff won't really suspect anything from a user that they never see around. Additionally, a very good habit to get into is when you trade with your own accounts, don't just do one way transfers, send throwaway items between accounts so it doesn't seem like funneling. You can additionally leave messages on your transfers, like "For the dragon!" or "For the fullbody art piece!" or even, since cross site trading is now a-ok, "For the Dappervolk KS items!"

VPNs can also negate the risks a lot, but these are just some old school multi-ing tips

Source: I know plenty of multiaccounters lmao

10. The Following User Says Thank You to parapex For This Useful Post:

Parker (04-27-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 22h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Tbh, the easiest way for payment like stuff is to say it's for a commission, especially if you have an art shop already. This is because you can talk on outside sources to give the image in the end ( which usually ends in easier transfer and not having to upload it to an outside source anyway so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SimplyVexing For This Useful Post:

Parker (04-27-2021)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    5d 16h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by SimplyVexing View Post
    Tbh, the easiest way for payment like stuff is to say it's for a commission, especially if you have an art shop already. This is because you can talk on outside sources to give the image in the end ( which usually ends in easier transfer and not having to upload it to an outside source anyway so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )
    This is in fact the main way I'd be transferring gems/treasure if I had to, yeah!

The rest it's mostly just treating it like trades worked out over discord, with little notes in PMs/CRs about it like I do when sending stuff to friends.

I am definitely staying away from the forums though. Not dealing with that stress.

Thanks for the help!

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    10h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    ive used a second account for funneling for a while now. i just keep my head down on the 2nd account and dont use it much on forums and dont frequently trade to my main, only doing that like twice a year and saying in the dm that it's for my main's birthday or christmas or wtv lol. idk if this is actually effective as a smokescreen but i also wrote up a profile with conflicting personal info from whats on my main so it seems less like we're the same person if someone were to look at both profiles

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    39 times
    Time Online
    9d 1h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Also, never underestimate the benefits of running your spare account as a fodder mill to sell to the masses. Doing the public mercs a service, as well as making yourself look "alive" without ever touching the forums, bonus points if you coli a bit. Once you dress up your regulars, everyone's just going to think you're an exalting lair and that'll be it.