222/0
    Mentioned
    224 times
    Time Online
    101d 6h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    36m

Question Guides for Script developing?

Hi everyone, is there any newbie friendly guide for a script developing to use on tampermonkey?

I had a really basic idea for a neo script that would be of help for myself and hopefully some in the community think the same, but before announcing it as an idea, i'd like to try doing it myself, it's a really simple one, so super basic i think would be enough since it's based in only one neo page? Not sure, i looked for some guides already but i definetly did not understood them.

So I thought of making this thread and asking if anyone has a guide they go to when needed and hopefully someone share's a link that i might be able to understand xD

Also, if anyone has any other questions about script developing, feel free to post it here and join me in the seek of knowledge!

Edit: just noticed this thread would be a better fit in the help section, if a mod can help me recategorize it, thank you so much and sorry for making this mistake!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DrSloth For This Useful Post:

Nattiee (04-21-2021)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,155 times
    Time Online
    550d 23h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    I always start out by just messing around in the developer console so I can figure out what does what compared to whatever it is I'm trying to do, and then ultimately move it over to a proper userscript.

I think a guide would vary greatly depending on how comfortable you already are with JavaScript (and to a lesser extent HTML/CSS), but I did find these ones:

(you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)

There are also a lot more if you search for userscript tutorials/guides/et cetera.

Depending it is on what you're trying to do, something like that might be enough. If you're trying to automate a task, that gets into making it look human-like, which is more complicated (and not something I've personally tackled). If there are any guides for neopets-specific userscripts, I don't know them, but these might be a good start.

I can do my best to answer any questions, but I'm still pretty new to it, so some of our more experienced developers might be better suited to help

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

DrSloth (05-07-2021),funnybell (07-05-2021)