21/0
    Mentioned
    937 times
    Time Online
    116d 6h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m

OWL 2021 Starts Today!

Full schedule: (you need an account to see links)

Anyone follow OWL? I only caught the tail end of the 2019 season but last year I got REALLY into it (like, attended a few local homestands before they all got canceled ), went to team/player meet events etc. and honestly it was so much fun? I'm not really a sporting events kind of gal but the energy, meeting other fans, screaming my fucking head off over young 20 something year olds playing a damn video game, was such a great experience. If you ever enjoyed the game and are the least bit interested in e-sports I think it's a fun watch to drop into the YouTube stream for a game or two! As someone who is not well versed in team e-sports games (I've never followed SC, LoL, Valorant etc.) I find the entry level to vaguely grasp what's going on and start cheering for a team to be quite low.

Also OWL is doing a pickems tournament, you have a little less than 6 hours to enter pickems for today's matches! I think anyone who signs up with their Bnet and scores points has the chance to win prizes from OWL. (People hold their own private pickems pools too) (you need an account to see links)

Anyway the first matches for the season are at 12 and 1:30 PM PT (that's NST ), Houston v Dallas then LA v SF. All matches are streamed on YouTube (RIP Twitch) (you need an account to see links)

So who has a favorite team? Favorite player? Am I all alone in my excitement? Probably lol.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

Zapdos (05-23-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    15h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Thumbs up

I'm excited too lol!
    I came into playing overwatch around the same time as you.
    But I guess we missed the hype train hahaha.

Do you still play OW??

Late reply hahaha i'm sorry!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rintama12 For This Useful Post:

Ice (05-21-2021)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    937 times
    Time Online
    116d 6h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rintama12 View Post
    I'm excited too lol!
    I came into playing overwatch around the same time as you.
    But I guess we missed the hype train hahaha.

Do you still play OW??

Late reply hahaha i'm sorry!
    Ahh haha not late at all!! Right, but that’s kind of how it always goes for me, I always get into trends like 1-2 years late LOL

I do but really just casually lol I haven’t done comp placements in like over a year xD I’m the kind of player you joke about being wood tier xD but it’s still fun to play with friends and goof around!