15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 20h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m

Martial Arts

Has anyone trained? Fought competitively? Or just casual martial arts for working out? Im planning on taking muay thai once my school schedule starts. im nervous however i feel with my mass i can mos def take a hit.

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    417 times
    Time Online
    84d 15h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    I used to do Karate at middle school but that was so many years ago and I was very young. Only fought competitively once and... I lost lol

I'm sorry haha this is not what you where expecting but I'm sure someone else will come with better advice xD

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (02-15-2023)

Pronouns
    ⚔️
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 20h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    I used to do Karate at middle school but that was so many years ago and I was very young. Only fought competitively once and... I lost lol

I'm sorry haha this is not what you where expecting but I'm sure someone else will come with better advice xD
    no no! any advice is good advice right now. im a complete noob. so id like to ask how was the team building ? were you nervous because of being surrounded by people? im so curious lol

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    417 times
    Time Online
    84d 15h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    no no! any advice is good advice right now. im a complete noob. so id like to ask how was the team building ? were you nervous because of being surrounded by people? im so curious lol
    Well we normally began with 20 minutes of cardio, then some posture practice and finally the fighting. And yeah I was very nervous but mainly for my opponent.

I'm a short person so I had to be fast to avoid hits. All in all ir was fun! I'd like to retake another defense practice like kickboxing or something different to try something new but nowadays time is not enough

Do you have any idea what martial arts would you like?

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (02-15-2023)

Pronouns
    ⚔️
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 20h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Well we normally began with 20 minutes of cardio, then some posture practice and finally the fighting. And yeah I was very nervous but mainly for my opponent.

I'm a short person so I had to be fast to avoid hits. All in all ir was fun! I'd like to retake another defense practice like kickboxing or something different to try something new but nowadays time is not enough

Do you have any idea what martial arts would you like?
    see ive heard the shorter you are the better it is to hit the opponent. well maybe in boxing standards? Im thai so i want to take up my country of origins martial arts. theres a MMA/Muay Thai place 5 min away from my house so it would work really well.

Thanks for your input! im nervous theyre gonna put me with bigger opponents lol im kinda stacky.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    518 times
    Time Online
    48d 16h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    I think trying anything new can be nervous but they usually set you up for success. Is there anything in particular you're feeling nervous about?

I think if you go in with an open mind, you'll be fine. You can be my bodyguard =)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Nattiee For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (02-19-2023)

Pronouns
    ⚔️
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 20h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by Nattiee View Post
    I think trying anything new can be nervous but they usually set you up for success. Is there anything in particular you're feeling nervous about?

I think if you go in with an open mind, you'll be fine. You can be my bodyguard =)
    Well i sometimes can be introverted so meeting new people is mos def my nervous side talking. but thank you so much @(you need an account to see links)! im going very very soon! still waiting for my school schedule.

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    94 times
    Time Online
    6d 9h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Has anyone trained? Fought competitively? Or just casual martial arts for working out? Im planning on taking muay thai once my school schedule starts. im nervous however i feel with my mass i can mos def take a hit.
    I've always wanted to do martial arts since I grew up watching the Power Rangers lol. I feel like I was the only kid who didn't do karate growing up, so I'm getting into it late in life lol. I'm currently training to build strength before I start taking martial arts. Right now I'm trying to figure out which one would be best for my current skill sets. My friend told me Brazilian Jiu Jitsu would be good for me because I'm short and have a stronger lower body, but I'm not sure if I'd be into it because rolling around with a stranger is....not appealing

I think I'd be most interested in training in Krav Maga, but also depends on nearby dojos so I'm not sure. Muay thai sounds super cool and hard at the same time so I'd definitely like to hear how your training goes if you start doing it!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lint For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (03-03-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    48/0
    Mentioned
    44 times
    Time Online
    30d 23h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    I have been training Muy thai since 2018 and its one of the best decisions ive ever made in my life. Since then ive also dabbled in boxing and BJJ but not so much. A couple year back I thought about amateur fights a couple of times but really chose not to due to having a busy schedule and not being able to devote that much time to a fight ( aint tryna lose). That being said ive met many people even those in there mid 30's who have had their first fight recently.

As far as people at the gym most are extremely nice. I guess I can only speak for my gym really lol! but I know what you mean about being kinda introverted. I can be so myself but I am very good at forcing myself to be social.

If you do try it out let me know! I would like to know your experience. Just an FYI its super tough but once you get into the swing of things you will love it! Good luck!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Iwallet For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (03-03-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    17d 1h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Instructor and active competitor with 17 years of experience here. Excited for this new journey for you! Go in with an open mind and willing to learn. I'm sure your instructors and peers will be extremely helpful and ease you in making you comfortable first before doing ANY contact. Don't be afraid to ask questions and don't hesitate to raise any concerns you may have. Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Madara For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (03-03-2023)