Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What movie/TV show do you wish you could unsee and rewatch again for the first time?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    34m
    Quote Originally Posted by Lettuce View Post
    For me, it's gotta be The Big Lebowski and Hot Fuzz. I've watched them so many times and know almost all of the lines, but the first time was magical.

(you need an account to see links)
    Oh Hot Fuzz was brilliant xD that had me laughing through out the entire movie, If I could unsee it and rewatch again I would

*that's rough buddy*

thank you Dita ;u; & thank you sugarbee *u* thank you Lyrichord for the ub *O* thank you Kibba for the dp eue

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollow For This Useful Post:

Lettuce (04-11-2021)

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    36d 13h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    Totally wish I could do that with Avatar, I haven't seen Les Revenants, is it good?
    Yes, I love it so much! As I mentioned I watched through the first season a few times now, and that means a lot coming from me, since I don't watch TV that often. I was introduced to it through a film class I decided to take on a whim, where we watched the first few episodes. I immediately went and finished the rest of the season after class! It centers around a small town where people start mysteriously coming back from the dead like nothing happened, and it follows the characters as their family and friends try and figure out why and how this is happening. And my personal favorite part is all the plot twists that show how the zombies, or les revenants ("the returned"), rather, all interacted together in their past lives. Every episode has some mind blowing twist that just keeps you wanting more!

I know the first season was on Netflix last time I checked, I hope it still is. They took the second season down before I could get around to watching it, unfortunately. I definitely need to get to it soon!

Edit: Boo, it looks like it was finally taken off Netflix! But I should also warn that if you decide to watch it, make sure you're watching the French show, not the American. They tried making an American version and I haven't seen it, but it apparently sucks compared to the original and it didn't even make it to the second season, lol.
    Last edited by dustyc; 04-11-2021 at 08:24 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    34m
    Quote Originally Posted by dustyc View Post
    Yes, I love it so much! As I mentioned I watched through the first season a few times now, and that means a lot coming from me, since I don't watch TV that often. I was introduced to it through a film class I decided to take on a whim, where we watched the first few episodes. I immediately went and finished the rest of the season after class! It centers around a small town where people start mysteriously coming back from the dead like nothing happened, and it follows the characters as their family and friends try and figure out why and how this is happening. And my personal favorite part is all the plot twists that show how the zombies, or les revenants ("the returned"), rather, all interacted together in their past lives. Every episode has some mind blowing twist that just keeps you wanting more!

I know the first season was on Netflix last time I checked, I hope it still is. They took the second season down before I could get around to watching it, unfortunately. I definitely need to get to it soon!

Edit: Boo, it looks like it was finally taken off Netflix! But I should also warn that if you decide to watch it, make sure you're watching the French show, not the American. They tried making an American version and I haven't seen it, but it apparently sucks compared to the original and it didn't even make it to the second season, lol.
    Ah I see! I'll look out for this! Always open to new shows, and this one sounds really good! I hate it when they take down seasons and shows on Netflix They did that with the Bleach anime

*that's rough buddy*

thank you Dita ;u; & thank you sugarbee *u* thank you Lyrichord for the ub *O* thank you Kibba for the dp eue

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollow For This Useful Post:

dustyc (04-12-2021)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    155 times
    Time Online
    51d 6h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    I wish I would have watched The Sixth Sense before I inadvertently found out the ending before watching the movie.

Edit: I also have never finished the final season of SoA because I was like, I just KNOW how this is gonna play out...

I also wish I could watch Game of Thrones for the first time but it's so weird how it just abruptly ended right after the best episode of the entire series, S8 E2 A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms, and they just never even finished the rest of the show. SO weird.

Last edited by Goddammit; 04-12-2021 at 05:34 AM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goddammit For This Useful Post:

Dot (04-27-2021),dustyc (04-12-2021)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    38d 23h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m
    I'm with @(you need an account to see links) - ATLA and Korra (I love Korra, pls dont @ me) for sure! Also on my list are:
    The Witcher - I know that people either loved it or hated it, but I honestly enjoyed this dumb show so much.
    Lost - But only within the very specific cultural zeitgeist that it first aired in, where literally every person you knew spent the entire week coming up with theories, and then IMMEDIATELY after it aired you would go and discuss said theories and yell more, new theories based on the information provided in that week's episode. It was a cool, dumb, weird show and I stopped watching after they left the island only to watch the finale and I loved it.

userbar by the delightful (you need an account to see links)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Koto For This Useful Post:

Cat Purrson (04-12-2021)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,155 times
    Time Online
    551d 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    Quote Originally Posted by Koto View Post
    I'm with @(you need an account to see links) - ATLA and Korra (I love Korra, pls dont @ me) for sure! Also on my list are:
    The Witcher - I know that people either loved it or hated it, but I honestly enjoyed this dumb show so much.
    Lost - But only within the very specific cultural zeitgeist that it first aired in, where literally every person you knew spent the entire week coming up with theories, and then IMMEDIATELY after it aired you would go and discuss said theories and yell more, new theories based on the information provided in that week's episode. It was a cool, dumb, weird show and I stopped watching after they left the island only to watch the finale and I loved it.
    I'd love to have been part of the live-watching of LOST, I caught up during the last season and watched a good chunk of that one live, but would have been cool to be part of the whole journey.

I keep thinking about this thread, but can't really think of an answer.

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Cat Purrson (04-12-2021),Koto (04-12-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    331 times
    Time Online
    124d 23h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 17m
    I think about this question all the time lol

Live action show:
    - Babylon 5, hands down. B5 is my favorite scifi series of any medium ever, also best character development I've seen of any series ever, any genre. It suffers from the era in which it was released, too soon for decent CGI, too old to have relied more on practical effects. But damn, that aside...I still get chills just thinking about scenes of the show I've watched over and over. B5 is about a space station built in an attempt to promote peace among the humans and the other alien races. The biggest story arcs are 1) an intergalactic war breaking out among alien races that sweeps everyone into the conflict and 2) Earth government's own increasingly insidious movement toward extreme corruption totalitarianism. There is so much world-building and lore involved. Character development: Amazing. I will die on the hill that G'kar is the greatest scifi character ever. I'd love to be able to watch it again from scratch without knowing where it's going to go.

Anime:
    - Probably Attack on Titan or Yona of the Dawn. The twists and turns in AoT are unbelievable. And Yona was just such a joy to watch, it'd be great to experience it new again. It was episode three of Yona when I realized that it really was something special, the childhood flashback episode, specifically the scene where Hak is pouting that Yona compared him to Soo-Won and Yona shows up with all the fruit to bribe him into being friends again. If I could only pick one part of Yona to see fresh though it'd be the Blue Dragon arc. That might be my favorite arc of any anime, at least until/unless Noragami ever gets a third season and is able to start getting to the REALLY good parts of the manga.

Movies:
    - the first How to Train Your Dragon. A friend and I went to see it in theater just because we like animated movies but had zero expectations of it actually being good. It blew me away. There's just so much heart to it, and it's one of the only movies I can think of where the 3D feels like it enhances the experiences instead of being gimmicky. Some of those flight scenes gave me that stomach-drop roller coaster feel. I've watched it a million times since and still enjoy it, but I'd kill to be able to see it again fresh.

- Fury Road. I saw Fury Road three times in theater when it was first released and have seen it probably three more times since (my local theater screens lots of stuff that isn't just new release). Fury Road was dumbfounding the first time I saw it. I love it every time I see it, but nothing was like that first screening where everything just keeps escalating and escalating and you have no idea when it's going to end.

sea serpent ryu by GWN | star gazing ub GreyFaerie | serpent scales ub by Infected | avatar by Dita
    consolidation of all four beauties by Lyrichord
    better quality images on petpage in spoilers

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Alister For This Useful Post:

Dot (04-27-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    34m
    Quote Originally Posted by Goddammit View Post
    I wish I would have watched The Sixth Sense before I inadvertently found out the ending before watching the movie.

Edit: I also have never finished the final season of SoA because I was like, I just KNOW how this is gonna play out...

I also wish I could watch Game of Thrones for the first time but it's so weird how it just abruptly ended right after the best episode of the entire series, S8 E2 A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms, and they just never even finished the rest of the show. SO weird.

Ohhh I agree on the Sixth Sense, I found out way before I saw it, really enjoyed the movie though! Oh goodness I stopped at season 5 of GoT, I couldn't finish it Dx

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Koto View Post
    ATLA and Korra were amazing, I wasn't a fan of season 2 of Korra, but enjoyed the rest of the seasons Lost was insane, I remember watching it on TV while it was still airing, ngl I didn't get what was going on in some episodes but enjoyed it a lot!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alister View Post
    I think about this question all the time lol

Live action show:
    - Babylon 5, hands down. B5 is my favorite scifi series of any medium ever, also best character development I've seen of any series ever, any genre. It suffers from the era in which it was released, too soon for decent CGI, too old to have relied more on practical effects. But damn, that aside...I still get chills just thinking about scenes of the show I've watched over and over. B5 is about a space station built in an attempt to promote peace among the humans and the other alien races. The biggest story arcs are 1) an intergalactic war breaking out among alien races that sweeps everyone into the conflict and 2) Earth government's own increasingly insidious movement toward extreme corruption totalitarianism. There is so much world-building and lore involved. Character development: Amazing. I will die on the hill that G'kar is the greatest scifi character ever. I'd love to be able to watch it again from scratch without knowing where it's going to go.

Anime:
    - Probably Attack on Titan or Yona of the Dawn. The twists and turns in AoT are unbelievable. And Yona was just such a joy to watch, it'd be great to experience it new again. It was episode three of Yona when I realized that it really was something special, the childhood flashback episode, specifically the scene where Hak is pouting that Yona compared him to Soo-Won and Yona shows up with all the fruit to bribe him into being friends again. If I could only pick one part of Yona to see fresh though it'd be the Blue Dragon arc. That might be my favorite arc of any anime, at least until/unless Noragami ever gets a third season and is able to start getting to the REALLY good parts of the manga.

Movies:
    - the first How to Train Your Dragon. A friend and I went to see it in theater just because we like animated movies but had zero expectations of it actually being good. It blew me away. There's just so much heart to it, and it's one of the only movies I can think of where the 3D feels like it enhances the experiences instead of being gimmicky. Some of those flight scenes gave me that stomach-drop roller coaster feel. I've watched it a million times since and still enjoy it, but I'd kill to be able to see it again fresh.

- Fury Road. I saw Fury Road three times in theater when it was first released and have seen it probably three more times since (my local theater screens lots of stuff that isn't just new release). Fury Road was dumbfounding the first time I saw it. I love it every time I see it, but nothing was like that first screening where everything just keeps escalating and escalating and you have no idea when it's going to end.
    I loved HTTYD, the 3D visuals are beautiful. I watched a few episodes of AONT which was also great! My favourite anime has got to be Bleach and Blue Exorcist though

*that's rough buddy*

Pronouns
    she/her or they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/0
    Mentioned
    145 times
    Time Online
    32d 8h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    I agree with everything that's been listed so far, and would like to add Travelers to the list. The characters/actors are phenomenal! The story!!! The ending, despite the show being cancelled!!! I wish more people knew about this show, it deserves a lot more recognition. Suggestion: Don't read anything about the plot or premise. Just start watching it to get the full mind-blowing experience as it all unfolds. I dare you to not binge this.

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    14h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Hmmm. Probably Game Of Thrones, then rewatch it only 'til season 6 before they messed everything up in seasons 7 and 8. Queen Daenerys for the win!!!!