Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you anticipate will happen with pet trading?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    I'd be very interested to see where trading goes if UCs are made creditable and tradable. I agree it will be a 9/9/9 Draik fiasco too, and that the creditable UCs won't be sought after the way the OG ones are, I also get the feeling it will cause more of a divide because of that, but I do really love the idea of UCs being available to us again, I could finally have a RG Lupe ;u;

*that's rough buddy*

(you need an account to see links)

thank you Dita ;u; & thank you sugarbee *u* thank you Lyrichord for the ub *O* thank you Kibba for the dp eue

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    232 times
    Time Online
    95d 6h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 4m
    I think it really depends on how they'll make UCs available. If it's something easy like you paint a pet in the color you want and then turn it UC then it would change the whole dynamic of trading since everyone can get a plushie, or royal, UC. And it would be a immense and wellneeded boost to the economy as well. But if they only make limited UCs available it won't change a darn thing...
    Last edited by Erik.; 04-11-2021 at 08:47 AM.

Ummie and Vape made by the awesome GWN

my own special userbar made by Lyrichord
    and the awesomest ryus made by GWN, Infected & Lyrichord

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erik. For This Useful Post:

♥ honeycomb ♥ (04-11-2021),Minerva (04-11-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    50d 10h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    34m
    Part of me wonders what limitations they’ll put on it. Like for the replacement UCs created by TNT specifically have to be from the pound. So I think they realize making rn/rw UCs drastically change the value dynamic of trading. Maybe they’ll make it so you can’t turn those pets? Not sure how they’d implement that though.

Pronouns
    it/its or they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    76 times
    Time Online
    8d 1h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    i don't trade so i don't have a horse in this race, but i just want UCs so i can have certain pets of mine that are hideous converted changed to the drastically superior art

Pip!
    Pip! Hatched April 9, 2021, as a Chameleon!
    Was magically transformed into a Bunny April 16, 2021! I'll add the other dates soon!
    *hop, hop, hop*(you need an account to see links)

please message me with additions to the high risk list! i try to keep it updated <3

i update my song pretty frequently! let me know if you like it, or if you have something you think i'll like! <3

(yell at me to draw pls)

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hare For This Useful Post:

Aero (04-11-2021),Autobot (04-11-2021),Erik. (04-11-2021),Him (04-19-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    331 times
    Time Online
    126d 6h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 16m
    I'd kill for UCs to be createable full stop; I don't have a preference on what other limitations may exist. I've ranted about this before, but I have two pets I was intending to paint darigan and royal respectively (even had the paint brush for one of them; I was just enjoying their mutant color for a bit before taking the final plunge) and they got auto-converted before I did it. I just want those two to at long last be their final colors.

As far as the trade scene goes, I think there may be a backlash of people regretting jumping in on the RN/RW/short name craze in the long run when it turns out they swapped their current UCs for barely decent short names and there are extreme limitations on new UC creation. Or new UC creation doesn't even really happen, which is kind of what I expect. But I live in Neo one day at a time with zero thought of its future since this place has felt like its been teetering on the brink of implosion for years now, and at the moment I'm enjoying it. There's fresh blood and priorities in the PC. I can move my own pets around a bit easier. It's actually fun for me, which is something dismally rare on Neo these days. It's kind of sad that just the vague hint of something new, which is actually implementing something old, is the most exciting thing to happen on site in years

sea serpent ryu by GWN | star gazing ub GreyFaerie | serpent scales ub by Infected | avatar by Dita
    consolidation of all four beauties by Lyrichord
    better quality images on petpage in spoilers

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Alister For This Useful Post:

Aero (04-11-2021),Autobot (04-11-2021),basically (04-13-2021),Buizel (05-11-2021),Erik. (04-11-2021),Him (04-19-2021),♥ honeycomb ♥ (04-11-2021),Starset (04-13-2021),Winona (04-11-2021)

Pronouns
    she/elle/o/ол
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    85 times
    Time Online
    27d 8h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Honestly, I agree with a lot of the other takes on here - RW/RN pets will probably skyrocket if UCs are brought back regardless of the way it's done, and if they're made to be separate from existing UCs somehow, there will probably still be a huge market for the OGs.

As a non-trader (I'm extremely risk averse and stopped interacting with others on Neopets entirely a few years ago), I'd be delighted if we could just create or paint UCs, regardless of whether they were tradeable or not. I could probably dump my only illicit UC in the pound (or sell if there's still a market for that) to remove my account's one outwardly visible risk factor and ride off into the sunset. Though I'm not getting my hopes up for a UC free-for-all (I mean... TNT, amirite), it would really be my dream come true.

Are there any other complete or near-complete non-traders on here? I'd love to hear what anyone else in my position thinks about the whole affair.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    12d 4h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I think a way to appease the PC would be for TNT to implement name swaps. If you already have a neat RW/RN and UCs end up being creatable you can swap their names. If Jumpstart TNT even gets to implement UCs, that is... they've got their fingers in so many pots right now that even if they accomplish anything it will be half-assed and disastrous...
    Last edited by pinkpain; 04-11-2021 at 04:40 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    55/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    32d 21h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Can you imagine the OUTRAGE of the people who spammed their ass off on PC to get their UCs, just to be told they're not special anymore?
    I mean with the end of flash, hideous layout, and neopets generally just not aging well, they just might. Out of desperation. But guaranteed the PC snowflakes wont be happy.

I think its fair to say it has been possible this entire time, they just didn't want to. Now that they were caught doing it, maybe they feel like its like a lifeline to keep their players/get some back? but theres a reason why they haven't done this so far.
    Last edited by vulkren; 04-12-2021 at 02:34 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Quote Originally Posted by vulkren View Post
    Can you imagine the OUTRAGE of the people who spammed their ass off on PC to get their UCs, just to be told they're not special anymore?
    I mean with the end of flash, hideous layout, and neopets generally just not aging well, they just might. Out of desperation. But guaranteed the PC snowflakes wont be happy.

I think its fair to say it has been possible this entire time, they just didn't want to. Now that they were caught doing it, maybe they feel like its like a lifeline to keep their players/get some back? but theres a reason why they haven't done this so far.
    I can definitely see the PC exploding with outrage, I think there's a form of elitism that some of the PC users have (not all!) when it comes to UCs. The whole point of making UCs available is so that everyone finally gets access to them, people have been asking for years lol. I saw quiet a few users wanting it to be tedious and difficult to attain UCs for others, which sorta defeats the point lmao, or have some kinda trophy/badge to show that the ones that can be made aren't OG, which tbh would create issues with trading as people would only seek the preconverted UC's - which doesn't fix the issue with trading at all xD

*that's rough buddy*

thank you Dita ;u; & thank you sugarbee *u* thank you Lyrichord for the ub *O* thank you Kibba for the dp eue

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,161 times
    Time Online
    556d 6h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    idk, i hate trading and am hoping this comes to fruition so i can finally get some of the pets i want, but don't really care if my post-conversion UC is marked in some way, I just don't want things to be account-locked because i shuffle pets between sides a lot

the only reason i lean towards not wanting it marked is to spite all the PCers who are like "trading is hard, stop whining and work hard like i did" and the like

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Pringle (04-13-2021),Winona (04-17-2021)