Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What do you anticipate will happen with pet trading?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    11d 19h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    anyone who hangs out on the pc with some frequency have any intel on how bd (assuming vwm/3L/4L) values are trending with this general anticipation?

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    36 times
    Time Online
    33d 19h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    im late to this news but holy shit, i was super interested to read everyones opinions about this. on one hand id be excited but on the second im like, damn i coulda got better names and changed my pets right now to those things i wanted. i would be willing to bet shorter names are going to skyrocket in value.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mixednuts For This Useful Post:

♥ HailSeitan ♥ (05-11-2021)

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    36d 13h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Quote Originally Posted by HailSeitan View Post
    anyone who hangs out on the pc with some frequency have any intel on how bd (assuming vwm/3L/4L) values are trending with this general anticipation?
    I think BD pets have been trading nicely lately, I've seen a few people on the PC offering up UCs for BD pets within the past few days. I'm not sure if the BD to UC tier guide has really changed, the official guide always seemed outdated to me in the first place so I never really knew the exact worths, tbh. I think a few people are still holding out hope that there will be a plot too, another reason I believe people may be after them.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dustyc For This Useful Post:

♥ HailSeitan ♥ (05-11-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    24d 5h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    I really loved reading everyone's views on this. I've come back to clraik/Neo after an unintended hiatus, so it's interesting to see what's changed, especially on this issue. When I poofed it was just after the whole PC reversal lollapalooza, which was fun to watch, even if it did give me irrational anxiety.

As to this trading/creating UCs thing... It's funny, because I was wondering about the RW/RN thing just today. Part of me wants to hoard RW/RNs and get all my PB/MPs ready to go once TNT hits that big red button, but deep down I doubt it'll happen. We've all talked before about how creating UCs is such a blatant cash grab that for TNT to actively avoid the issue must mean there's something else going on (unrelated to the new evidence that it's absolutely possible to create UCs). No idea what, given it all seems simple from the outside. I personally think that if they do go down the creating UCs route, making them untradeable would help balance the PC. On the other hand, I don't care what they do. I'm personally of the opinion that I'm going to keep buying UCs and having the pets I enjoy, and if TNT do decide to make UCs creatable, good for everyone else! I don't think I'll hold out for something that very likely will not happen. As much as I'd like to capitalise on the situation, I'm not sure it's worth the stress. :shrug:

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to padfoots For This Useful Post:

Aero (05-23-2021),Baelia (05-25-2021),Gorilla (05-22-2021)

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    18d 16h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by padfoots View Post
    I really loved reading everyone's views on this. I've come back to clraik/Neo after an unintended hiatus, so it's interesting to see what's changed, especially on this issue. When I poofed it was just after the whole PC reversal lollapalooza, which was fun to watch, even if it did give me irrational anxiety.

As to this trading/creating UCs thing... It's funny, because I was wondering about the RW/RN thing just today. Part of me wants to hoard RW/RNs and get all my PB/MPs ready to go once TNT hits that big red button, but deep down I doubt it'll happen. We've all talked before about how creating UCs is such a blatant cash grab that for TNT to actively avoid the issue must mean there's something else going on (unrelated to the new evidence that it's absolutely possible to create UCs). No idea what, given it all seems simple from the outside. I personally think that if they do go down the creating UCs route, making them untradeable would help balance the PC. On the other hand, I don't care what they do. I'm personally of the opinion that I'm going to keep buying UCs and having the pets I enjoy, and if TNT do decide to make UCs creatable, good for everyone else! I don't think I'll hold out for something that very likely will not happen. As much as I'd like to capitalise on the situation, I'm not sure it's worth the stress. :shrug:
    Excellently articulated, and I'll add that it's not capitalising on the situation if someone makes a bad trade based on current trends and empty promises, e.g. trading a well loved UC for a name that may or may not ever get to become a UC based on TNT's whims.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Gorilla For This Useful Post:

padfoots (05-22-2021)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    188 times
    Time Online
    84d 20h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 35m
    My hot take is I don’t care for 4L/RW/RN or even creating my own names. I love to see what’s out there and the product of someone’s imagination from 10-20 years ago. I find I’m more interested in trading for someone else’s pet in that way. That includes BN pets lol.

That said, I’d be excited for a UCifier so I can have whatever pet I want and so can others. I also agree with Padfoots that I really don’t think it’s going to happen any time soon, if at all... maybe we’re just being strung along.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aero For This Useful Post:

Gorilla (05-23-2021),padfoots (05-23-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    5d 21h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by padfoots View Post
    We've all talked before about how creating UCs is such a blatant cash grab that for TNT to actively avoid the issue must mean there's something else going on (unrelated to the new evidence that it's absolutely possible to create UCs). No idea what, given it all seems simple from the outside.
    Yeah, it's deeply weird to me because "UCs can't wear clothes so people won't spend as much money on NC!!!!!", like, misunderstands customization entirely-- yeah, UCs can't wear clothes, so people spend extra getting them the perfect background/foreground/etc. items they CAN wear. Make the "UC paintbrush" cost NC and if you abandon the pet it converts it. Hell, let people equip more than one wearable in a zone if you want to drive NC sales-- I think we've been all driven crazy by a "Lower Foreground" item that's actually in another zone, or items that would look great overlapping that exclude each other. Increasing the number of pets you can own on a single account would be another good one, I think it's pretty rare that people really are happy with 4 (or 6-7, whatever it is now) vs stuffing their side accounts to the brim with pets.

The only thing that's more powerful than money is the human ego, and I think that to me really explains whatever the heck is really going on with UCs. Former TNT Snarkie posted on her twitter a few months ago (or answered a question on formspring or something?) that she and her circle hated UCs because they were just going to create more work to maintain, and the pet color combos that got UCs depended on how many there would be around-- if they were too common, then that UC got the axe, apparently (although it seems like there still ended up being a LOT of UC mutants and whatnot, but I digress). I think not allowing new UCs is about someone's ego for that reason-- someone at Neo will have to admit failure or admit that conversion was imperfect if UCs come back.

Personally, I say "suck it up" to whoever they are, lol. Conversion WAS imperfect, it ruined some pets relative to their old base poses, let alone the unique poses of various painted pets; the quality of modern painted converted pets varies wildly to an embarrassing degree; y'all did not plan for what you were going to do with 4-legged pets and how they would interface with various items, let alone "fish" or "orb" bauplan pets; quadrupedal/fish pets get shite "shoes" pasted over them instead of something that actually uses the hind cover/tail slot 99% of the time; whoever assigns wearable zones can't tell right from left and is wildly inconsistent about lower foreground vs foreground vs higher foreground; there are like two shields that are actually held in the correct hand/"hand"; and y'all have drawn like 2 wigs that don't look like complete crap. Take the L and move on and learn.
    Last edited by Prose Edda; 05-26-2021 at 11:30 PM.

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Prose Edda For This Useful Post:

Autobot (05-27-2021),Dot (05-27-2021),glittery (05-26-2021),helen (05-28-2021),kittyray (05-27-2021),nrv (06-02-2021),Sakuras (06-03-2021),Zapdos (05-26-2021)