DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    82 times
    Time Online
    23d 16h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    i recently finished Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami. it’s a pretty interesting and honestly, kind of trippy, coming of age story. pretty wild ride, and a bit vivid; would definitely recommend!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ghastly For This Useful Post:

Trash Panda (04-08-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    7h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    The Crowd: A Study of the Popular Mind by Gustave LeBon has been interesting but it requires a level of cynicism that I think most people would reject reflexively. The author's ability to explain what a societal identity is, how it forms and how it breaks down is pretty intriguing even if you don't agree with all of the conclusions he reaches. I would recommend it solely to follow along with some of the patterns he recognizes and decide for yourself if human civilization is truly so predictable and inherently tied to instincts that seldom if ever place any value in truth or reason.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    4d 3h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I just finished reading Pachinko which I enjoyed even though it was more depressing than I expected. Definitely an interesting story though and I want to watch the show that was recently released. I just started Where the Crawdads Sing because I like the actress who is playing the main character in the movie that's being released over the summer. Unfortunately, not loving the book so far. I just really don't like split-time perspectives in books.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    669 times
    Time Online
    210d 9h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 31m
    Currently reading Liz Carver and Josh Green's "What's Your Enneatype: An Essential Guide to the Enneagram." I found out about the book through their Instagram page.

I also recently skimmed through Michelle Rial's "Am I Overthinking This: Over-Answering Life's Questions in 101 Charts" which I think quite a few people here would enjoy.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    518 times
    Time Online
    48d 16h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    Atomic Habits by James Clear.
    Highly recommend if anyone is into self-help books and actively working on growth/self-improvement.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    68/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    2d 7h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Outlander book 9 and bits and pieces of book 6 in preparation of season 6 finale on sunday may 1. cannot wait for this episode!!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    93d 7h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 36m
    Currently halfway of The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood.
    I did watch the first season already, but it's cool to be reading the source material!

There is no trash cannot, only
    TRASH CAN

Special thanks to lyrichord for the amazing userbar avatar & honeycomb for the cutest drawing!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    4d 3h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I finished reading "Where the Crawdads Sing" a few days ago... maybe a week ago? It took me forever (by my standards) to get through but ended up thinking it was fine. Definitely not my fav. Since then, I read A History of Wild Places by Shea Ernshaw. I thought the writing wasn't super strong, but it grew on me and the story was interesting enough! I then just started and finished Book Lovers by Emily Henry today. Super easy read, knew I would enjoy it since I enjoyed her other two books. It almost beat out Beach Read, but not quite!! Still, I liked it a lot and liked it so much better than People We Meet on Vacation. I think I'm going to start The Hacienda by Isabel Canas tonight or tomorrow. It was my book of the month (the subscription service) pick, so I thought I'd check it out!

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,155 times
    Time Online
    550d 23h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    I finished Severance a couple weeks ago. I really enjoyed it and was definitely interesting but eerie to see some of the parallels to the behavior/reactions people had during the pandemic.

I haven't decided what to read next yet. I'm a little burnt out so I think I need either something kind of light or an essay/short story collection so things are bite-sized. Time to peruse the many unread books on my shelves to see what fits the bill.

(lmao at me grabbing Godel, Escher, and Bach out of one of my boxes of things in my parents' basement thinking that was definitely gonna be my next read)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    93d 7h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 36m
    The Marlow Murder Club by Robert Thorogood. It's supposed to be like a modern Agatha Christie with a 70 y/o lady as the protagonist. So far it's been fun to read!

There is no trash cannot, only
    TRASH CAN

Special thanks to lyrichord for the amazing userbar avatar & honeycomb for the cutest drawing!