40/0
    Mentioned
    1,155 times
    Time Online
    551d 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    I haven't settled into a new book yet, so I'm kind of dancing around with a couple.

Truth Of The Divine (Lindsay Ellis)
    The Undersea Network (Nicole Starosielski)
    Devolution (Max Brooks)
    I haven't continued any of these books and instead read the introductions/forwards/beginning bits of two other books: Speaking Code and 10 PRINT CHR$(205.5+RND(1)); : GOTO 10

My brain has felt very scattered so I don't think I'm gonna settle on something any time soon.

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    404 times
    Time Online
    83d 8h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 9m
    Well I don't know if this counts but I'm reading Steel Ball Run manga with my hubby. We finished Stone Ocean so where expecting the anime release on Netflix

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    39 times
    Time Online
    9d 1h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Currently reading The Blacktongue Thief so right now I'm having weird D&D campaign vibes. So far... the worldbuilding is interesting, but pretty involved, I'm liking the background history. It makes the world feel pretty big, but there's tiny sociological-stuff that I'm not quite following along with yet.

The only part I don't like is the dialogue. I like a lot of talk in books generally, especially if characters are supposed to be smart. But everyone seems a little too good at stringing together lyrics off the cuff. Now. I'm witty and quippy, and I roll alliterations off with no problem pretty often and I'm properly passable at puns. But I can't pull off half of the dialogue in this book as natural.

So it's slightly overwritten in that regard, and the talk feels just at touch scripted. It might get better as I read along. But the world and plot are carrying it so far.
    Last edited by Bat; 11-30-2021 at 08:39 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    11h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    still reeling from the idiot by doesdoevsky or whatever his name is. thinking about brothers karazamov next but i think i want a break from st petersberg antics, sick of imagining cobbles. Gonna start reading Ubik now i think, does anyone else use goodreads?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    6d 22h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    After trying five separate bookstores with it being sold out in each, my order for Iron Widow has finally arrived today, so once I pick it up I'll be reading it asap! Super excited.
    Last month I burned through Fire and Blood in like two days. I have mixed feels over it, but I think it was just the narrative style.

rabid artist and writer
    nerd of many fandoms

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    6d 19h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Game of thrones second book

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    30 times
    Time Online
    69d 6h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    28m
    Finally picked up The First Law trilogy! Excited to get into it :k

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    93d 8h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 36m
    Just finished reading Project Hail Mary from Andy Weir! I was extremely pleased and Weir has a special talent for making very technical stuff super interesting.

I got a bunch of books for Christmas and my B-Day so I have a looooong list books pending and I'm hella excited

I just staretd Imaginary Friend by Stephen Chbosky and after that IDK if I should go with Ursula K. Le Guin or Isabel Allende. But yeps, off to read!

There is no trash cannot, only
    TRASH CAN

Special thanks to lyrichord for the amazing userbar avatar & honeycomb for the cutest drawing!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    26 times
    Time Online
    41d 10h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    I just finished The Chemist by Stephanie Meyer (Twilight author lol). The book started very well and was super intriguing but then started (not a real spoiler but I'm pointing out a direction it went towards)

Right after that, I dived into Lisa Gardner's Look for Me, which was so good I finished in a few days! The strong female protagonists that's been through some shit was a real nice read for someone who's currently struggling with life. It also touched upon the foster care system which I'm super interested in. In the end, I couldn't figure out who did it after all the clues, but I enjoyed the book. Will probably get more Lisa Gardner books in the future!

I managed to find Alice Sebold (author of Lovely Bones)'s The Almost Moon at a sale price so I'm reading that right now. The first few pages is about
    so I already connected with it, even though I'm only a couple chapters in... Can't wait to see what happens.

Pronouns
    🫎🦫🍁🏒 she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    688 times
    Time Online
    155d 4h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m
    I currently started re-reading Harry Potter again. However, this time it is turning into a night time routine of reading a chapter out loud to my kiddo before bed. Hoping they enjoy them as much as I did!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Charmander For This Useful Post:

Ismira (03-28-2022)