Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Time Online
    21 d 22 h 43 m
    Avg. Time Online
    46 m
    I admittedly don't read as many books as I would like to so I picked up a copy of The Dark Crystal at a thrift store on a whim. I'd heard of the movie and have a lot of friends who like it, and figured it must have been based on this book. It wasn't until after I started reading it that I realized it was the other way around- book based on the movie, meh. I'm a chapter in so far, and struggling to really get pulled into the story/world, I think I may have a weak imagination and fantasy just isn't for me. I'm just gonna give it another chapter or two before I give up on it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Time Online
    7 d 5 h 23 m
    Avg. Time Online
    5 m
    I'm reading the DFZ trilogy by Rachel Aaron (Minimum Wage Mage, Part Time Gods & Night Shift Dragons). It's urban fantasy YAesque, but I really like the setting. I really want to put something together to run a 5e campaign out of it. It's really nicely put together as a setting and I like the magic logic in particular.

For something more adult, I've discovered Cassandra Khaw's horror mini novels. Hammers on Bone, Nothing but Blackened Teeth, and the Gods and Monsters series (mini as in each book is a novella). I never really appreciated horror/suspense writing before, outside of Stephen King, and Dean Koonts, but she has a real supernatural horror angle that I greatly enjoyed.

Pronoun(s)
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Time Online
    13 d 8 h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    7 m
    I just finished reading Alex Trebek's autobiography (the old host of Jeopardy) and man was it good. I never read autobiographies, but my brother got it for my birthday, and I finally finished it after a year, haha. Made me want to get back into reading books. (Embarassing, but I have about 15 Warrior Cats books in my closet from not too long ago, LOL. I'd like to pick them up and read them again for old time's sake.)