DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    84 times
    Time Online
    56d 22h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    That looks like bitcoin stock to flow model.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Young For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (04-09-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/0
    Mentioned
    407 times
    Time Online
    122d 3h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    54m
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    This inspired me to poke around my data and experiment with an activity visualization that's been floating around in my head lately.

(you need an account to see links)

click for full-size

Each pixel on the x-axis represents one day starting with when the thread was posting ending with whichever day i collected the data.

Each pixel on the y-axis represents a user, in the order they first posted in the thread.

A corresponding pixel is colored in if that user posted on that day. I think it's cool to kind of see the wave/swoop as different clusters of people frequented the thread over time. Also the spike at the end. I know there are more visually appealing ways I could color this in, and also would be interested in representing how many posts were made, but this was more proof of concept/an excuse to do a quick experiment.

I think it'd be super neat to try this on a much larger scale like the whole forum and see what patterns emerge.
    That's so cool and now i'm looking at it wondering which line is "mine"

Ruygi
    Endlessly indebted to (you need an account to see links) for this cute adoptable and Ruygi and mario on my avatar!!
    Forever thanking (you need an account to see links) for the tweaked background and custom userbar on my profile
    Perpetual gratitude to (you need an account to see links) for the custom "super mario 1 up" userbar on my avatar
    In ultimate awe of (you need an account to see links)animation and art skill on my current avatar background, the animated
    super mario custom userbar and tying it together with the one from (you need an account to see links)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,161 times
    Time Online
    556d 10h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario2302 View Post
    That's so cool and now i'm looking at it wondering which line is "mine"

Okay if you go here and scroll down to the bottom and enter any username and hit the button, it will redraw with that user's row in red:

it's also scaled up quite a bit so it's easier to see

I think it would be really cool to ultimately make this super interactive so hovering over any given dot will give you the username, date, and the post count, but that's a long way off.

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Mario2302 (04-09-2021),TsUNaMy WaVe (04-09-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/0
    Mentioned
    407 times
    Time Online
    122d 3h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    54m
    Okay if you go here and scroll down to the bottom and enter any username and hit the button, it will redraw with that user's row in red:

I think it would be really cool to ultimately make this super interactive so hovering over any given dot will give you the username, date, and the post count, but that's a long way off.
    That's certainly cool indeed
    i'd love to turn it all into an interactive dashboard so people can just play around with the data as they see fit but that's not within my skill set i'm afraid :o

Ruygi
    Endlessly indebted to (you need an account to see links) for this cute adoptable and Ruygi and mario on my avatar!!
    Forever thanking (you need an account to see links) for the tweaked background and custom userbar on my profile
    Perpetual gratitude to (you need an account to see links) for the custom "super mario 1 up" userbar on my avatar
    In ultimate awe of (you need an account to see links)animation and art skill on my current avatar background, the animated
    super mario custom userbar and tying it together with the one from (you need an account to see links)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    458 times
    Time Online
    149d 16h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 11m

oh me I tried it out! that's all the way in the bottom right corner. so cute. thank you.

♥ Stardust ♥ Lyrichord ♥ TsUNaMy WaVe ♥ Zenitsu ♥

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ariealle For This Useful Post:

kittyray (04-09-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/0
    Mentioned
    407 times
    Time Online
    122d 3h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    54m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariealle View Post
    oh me I tried it out! that's all the way in the bottom right corner. so cute. thank you.
    i'm that first longer line above your's
    for some reason my image won't attach so no image from me :p

Ruygi

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mario2302 For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (04-09-2021),kittyray (04-09-2021)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,161 times
    Time Online
    556d 10h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario2302 View Post
    That's certainly cool indeed
    i'd love to turn it all into an interactive dashboard so people can just play around with the data as they see fit but that's not within my skill set i'm afraid :o
    I'm poking around with it a bit. Currently I can get output of user/date/post count, but hoping to have it display as alt text or something. It's also currently a lot for my poor little laptop to handle if I'm doing anything else, but I want to keep working on it. If I can get it looking pretty/running smoothly I might see if I can't try to scale it up.

If I get something workign I'll be sure to post it.

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (04-09-2021),Mario2302 (04-09-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/0
    Mentioned
    407 times
    Time Online
    122d 3h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    54m
    Stat of the day*

*i'll see how long i can keep up the inspiration so stat of the day might not actually be published daily

Ruygi

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mario2302 For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (04-09-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/0
    Mentioned
    407 times
    Time Online
    122d 3h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    54m
    Stat of the day*

*i'll see how long i can keep up the inspiration so stat of the day might not actually be published daily

Ruygi

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mario2302 For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (04-10-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Again, thank you so much for using my animated header! Really glad to see it up there looking forward to seeing more data!

*that's rough buddy*

thank you Dita ;u; & thank you sugarbee *u* thank you Lyrichord for the ub *O* thank you Kibba for the dp eue

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollow For This Useful Post:

Mario2302 (04-10-2021)