Thread: Guide: Deleted Video from Playlist. Where is it?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    58 times
    Time Online
    23d 13h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m

[Guide] Deleted Video from Playlist. Where is it?

If you are just like me (cheap) who enjoys their youtube playlist with many songs, there has been times when songs/videos get deleted on copy right claim grounds/region locked/deleted by user or just set to private. The video might be gone but not what it was about. Here's a little guide/tip to find those videos!

I'll start with a video I had in one of my playlists.

(you need an account to see links)

Links from playlists are longer but simply by finding and removing the term "&link", and the rest of it, it will give you the original video link alone.

Like this:

Now when it comes to finding the original (or as close as to the subject of the video) then you need to remove all before "?v=" which is this:

So now we are left with this.

What now? Simple, Google is your friend. You search for it just like that and some links will pop up. It won't show your exact video for certain but something related to it. This is mainly because this specific link of your deleted video has been shared before, be it in forums or any website. Music videos tend to be shared a lot so they are usually the easiest to find out.

For example: What's left of my deleted video's link.

(Censored the first two links since they are facebook links) I don't recommend clicking on random website links, rather just checking the previews is faster, up to you.

From what you can see in the third link, the deleted video's link and it's picture show up. Obviously it ain't the same but it is shown as a preview with the original link we had at the start. (minus the playlist part) In this case the video was indeed Slipknot Live at Download 2009 because I remember having the 1 hour long thing on my list so hurray. HIGHLY RECOMMEND WATCHING IT.

This might be common knowledge for most of you but my god was I happy when I found out how to. Hope it helps!
    Last edited by NotADoctor; 04-10-2021 at 04:06 PM.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to NotADoctor For This Useful Post:

Aero (04-08-2021),Android (04-20-2021),Dot (04-29-2021),dustyc (04-09-2021),kale (04-09-2021),Lettuce (04-09-2021),Natalie (04-30-2021),Nyanobyte                      (04-08-2021),phantasia (07-19-2021)

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    36d 13h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Oh wow, I had no clue about this! I'm excited to go back through my playlists now to find deleted videos, I already know of a few that I want to find again! Thank you!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dustyc For This Useful Post:

NotADoctor (04-10-2021)