Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    12d 5h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m

Yall arent charging enough for gems anymore

This is just something I feel.

1) Gems sell instantly at 1:500. Every time I message people they are out of stock.

2) Gem value on the site has gone WAY up recently. When the 1$:500g price was set, the ratio on the site was more like 1g:900 treasure. Its now 1g:1300 or 1400 treasure and shows no signs of going back down. People are desperate for gems.

3) When I first got into FR, the gem rate on these forums was literally 1:350 or so for like 2 years. Nothing bad happened and people still bought gems all the time. The gem price fell due to an influx of sellers at some point and the coli bots

4) wealth/gems are harder to grind now without easy coli bots. they should just be straight up worth more now.

There is lots of money to be made and many users wanting to buy gems. idk what price is best but it just Feels Too Low to me. anything here is better than the insanely low 1:100 rate on the site.

Edit: To be clear to people who dont understand FR terms, im actually suggesting a higher price. 1:350-1:450 would be fairer to the current effort involved in grinding gems. and from now one when I want gems im going to be voluntarily paying this price regardless of the market.
    Last edited by CaptainNight; 03-31-2021 at 07:01 PM.
    [CENTER]Lazy and Paranoid

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainNight For This Useful Post:

Synth Salazzle (04-07-2021)

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,761 times
    Time Online
    644d 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    We don't set prices because there's little interest in Flight Rising in this community, @(you need an account to see links). Why strangle a market that's barely breathing as it is?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/3
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    12d 5h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    If the mods arent intested that is fine.

I am aiming this directly to the other gem sellers, who I think arent getting their money's worth. If there are some people here who dont care about Flight Rising or arent familiar with its economy or this sales area, then its not really relevant to them anyway what the market is.

Anyway. im going to be buying my gems at a higher price from now on. Be the change you want to see in the world.

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,761 times
    Time Online
    644d 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainNight View Post
    If the mods arent intested that is fine.
    Your original post:

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainNight
    Frankly at the VERY LEAST the staff here could set a price floor of 1:500. Its barely worth anyones time to sell at a worse rate than that
    Seemed to be soliciting feedback from us, so I weighed in.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainNight View Post
    I am aiming this directly to the other gem sellers, who I think arent getting their money's worth. If there are some people here who dont care about Flight Rising or arent familiar with its economy or this sales area, then its not really relevant to them anyway what the market is.

Anyway. im going to be buying my gems at a higher price from now on. Be the change you want to see in the world.
    You made this thread complaining that we should enforce a 1:500 pricing rule for gems, and then you made (you need an account to see links) asking to buy gems for 1:400, and asking to match lower offers. I'm not sure that you're being the change you claim that you want to see.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

Cutepup (04-03-2021),j03 (03-31-2021),Mama Bear (03-31-2021),PabstBlueRibbon (04-19-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/3
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    12d 5h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Im not really sure what you mean? Buying gems for 1:400 is even better than 1:500. Im not sure you understand the FR economy, which is probably the whole problem that people dont really know about FR on this forum. If someone is selling 2000 gems, if I paid 1$ per 400 gems, they would get 5$. If I paid 1$ per 550, they would only get about 3.5$. 500+ is way too low!! Im suggesting the price should be even higher than it is, I think thats where you are confused. The FLOOR should be at 1:500. not the upper limit. but I do accept that yall cant be expected to understand every game and its a bad idea to ask for it to be moderated in that case, since this is primarily a neopets site.

I didnt mean to solicit neopets moderators to get involved, sorry. I will edit that out it was just a throwaway line at the end of the post. Yall are free to weigh in im just saying if you dont want to enforce the price I respect that and understand it, but id still like to have this conversation.

My main point is to the gem sellers who should consider selling at 1:400 or better given the recent gem value changes on the site, and the loss of coli bots, and I will be voluntarily paying at least this price from here on out regardless of the market. I want to try to convince people this is best price. I think it would help grow this community and bring back some of the previous sellers as in its current state its almost not worth doing.

- - - Updated - - -

Specifically I think the fact that gems have risen in value relative to other things on the site by almost a third is a good indicator the clraik FR community should adapt too.
    Last edited by CaptainNight; 03-31-2021 at 07:04 PM.

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,761 times
    Time Online
    644d 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    Whoops! My bad, @(you need an account to see links). I saw a lower ratio and figured that it meant a lower payout. We definitely don't know much about the Flight Rising marketplace, except that most of our high profile sellers shut their storefronts after the last raid by the game's administrator. In conversations that I've had with some of these sellers, they've said that the market is prohibitively risky and prone to wild fluctuations. From that, myself and the rest of our staff determined that it was essentially the wide-open west. There's no Flight Rising moderators in this community, so we rely on our users to keep us informed about what's going on in the game. Since our major players were driven underground, things have been quiet. This lent further credibility to our assumption that cheating in Flight Rising was waning in popularity, and consequently, not desirable to regulate. The lack of feedback in this thread seems to reaffirm that.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/3
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    12d 5h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Botting is extremely hard if not impossible now. One factor is they have been updating all their systems. Just this week, the entire marketplace was revamped. Any bots we used to have do not work on any system in the site over the last year or two due to revamps (much needed ones BTW. the site needed work). And the coli in particular doesnt have a working bot, which was the main way people here generated value from what I understood.

The gem ratio on the site relative to the non-premium currency has gone way up starting with the release of the Veilspuns, who require gems to create basically. There have been a lot of other smaller gem related releases that have driven the ratio up. People really want gems, and the ratio on the site is a paltry 1:100 lol. You suffer if you want to pay USD to FR lol. Wildclaw scrolls are in the shop this week, the only week out of the year, and cost 2000 gems each which is 20$ if you bought it all.

Of course, on FR you are allowed to trade premium currency for regular currency. so its not so dire as on neopets and such.

I didnt know there was a big raid tho. I took a long hiatus. That is very troubling if true and explains what happened to the market here more than what I assumed, that it was a pricing problem.

EDIT: Side note, do you know how to delete threads or change titles?
    Last edited by CaptainNight; 03-31-2021 at 07:29 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    71 times
    Time Online
    26d 23h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    While I agree that the prices should go up, there's just not really a demand here.

Every time I come here to sell, there's already at least two sellers with much higher quantities, so there hasn't really been a point in posting.

I've replied to a few people looking to buy gems, but usually by the time I get to them, they've already bought what they want.

For me it's been either risk selling to a new account or don't sell. And I'm not ready to take the risk of the former.

So upping my price isn't really going to help, my only chance of selling atm is to undercut current sellers - and that's basically how the price plummeted to start with - several botters, constantly undercutting eachother and then it stopped being worth the effort.

I appreciate you being the change you want to see though <3

Neopets makes me really angry apparently.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    109/0
    Mentioned
    465 times
    Time Online
    312d 3h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 57m
    Hi there. I've sold many gems at 1:500 and have no problem charging that price There's just not enough demand on here to really charge more? But maybe that's just me because I like quick sales

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    5d 3h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I think the gem ratio is fine as is. You just need to be careful. Staff hands out a multitude of bans almost weekly.

Last edited by dungeondragon; 04-02-2021 at 09:18 PM.