Thread: Stuffed animals and other comfort items

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 14h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    It's kinda different than a toy or stuffed bear but I can't sleep if I don't have an extra pillow to hug. It seems weird to me when I have to sleep at someone else's home because of it, as I usually don't get an extra pillow lol

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunny Villa For This Useful Post:

Zapdos (03-29-2021)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    44d 7h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    41m
    I don’t really sleep with them anymore (though I do sleep kind of hugging a pillow?), but I absolutely still have a few favourite stuffed animals. The big one is Oreo, a black & white spaniel, who was the first thing I ever saved up and bought with my own money. She was approx $40, and my allowance was half my age per week so maybe $3.50 or $4 at the time, soooo big exercise in patience - she was the last one left out of the pile I’d first seen when I finally bought her. My taste in dogs hasn’t changed at all and I now have a real cocker spaniel too haha.

In general I’m not really a ‘cuddly items for distress’ person, but I’m verrrrry nostalgic and have a lot of things from childhood floating around. A bunch of things I use day to day are ones I have strong memories of that I’ve taken from my parents’ house as they’ve replaced them with “more stylish” versions - certain mugs, my favourite throw blanket, straw trivet pot holders, etc. I also have a bunch of little plastic toys kind of blended in with other decor in my room - most are old favourites I’ve just brought, but a few are ones I never had but coveted when visiting other people and have recently found on eBay

thank you for the gay rights peo ♥ @honeycomb ♥

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Druid For This Useful Post:

Erik. (03-29-2021),Zapdos (03-29-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    8d 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    I also cannot sleep without some sort of plush. I am also picky as well as it needs to be the right shape, size and texture-for the one I sleep with. I like to rest my chin on them and it they are too hard or lumpy I can sleep with it. I have a plushie army that numbers more than thirty. A lot are high end plushies I earned from Toreba, I have some Neopets plush, random ones like Appa and My Pet Monster. I have been collecting for years but I have one that I have had almost 30 years which is a white pound puppy. I got him when I was 5-6 and wasn’t even a special gift, he was on a bed at my grandpas house one time and I asked my step grandma is I could have him and she let me. I slept with him for many years and dragged him behind me with a collar and leash to go everywhere with me. He’s never had a name even as a kid I never named him but I think I’d die if I ever lost him. He’s beat up, stuffing has been compressed to nothing among many other things. Forgot to add that I made home a little blue shirt when he started going “bald” on his skin, it’s pretty much see through now. And I also sleep with a weighted blanket on my feet and I have always needed a plush to sleep with even when I have slept with people I still need it.
    Last edited by Ashen; 03-29-2021 at 03:02 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ashen For This Useful Post:

Erik. (03-29-2021),kittyray (03-29-2021)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    155 times
    Time Online
    51d 6h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardew View Post
    I feel like for people with anxiety, depression, autism, mental or physical health problems, etc. or just because they like it... a comfort object is one of the least harmful ways to cope with certain things. Weighted blankets, weighted plushies, soft stuffed animals... you do you!

I also feel like our generation (millennials, assuming most people here fall in that generation) are very much of the "I liked this as a kid, I'm not a totally new and different person now that I'm an adult, and I still like this, so why the hell not" mindset. If it's not harming anyone, and you like it, then... why not?
    Lots of people our age seem to enjoy more "childish" hobbies like collecting action figures, dolls, Lego, plushies, and other things like that with no shame! Lots of people still sleep with stuffed animals, too. (though some are more embarrassed about it than others... haha)

I personally have kept some of my favorite stuffed animals from when I was a child and I could never throw them away. I don't sleep with them, but I can hug one if I'm having a bad day and I think there's nothing wrong with that.
    As someone who has major anxiety, depression and insomnia, I canNOT recommend weighted blankets enough.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goddammit For This Useful Post:

Stardew (03-29-2021),Zapdos (03-29-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    134/0
    Mentioned
    96 times
    Time Online
    64d 4h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Aw Sephiroth sounds amazing, hes been on so many journeys with you. <3

Im also someone who carnt sleep without teddys, i have one stuffed little guy thats been everywhere with me, sleepovers, holidays, school (hidden in my backpack :p ) supermarkets you name it. His name is Smile i won him from the American Adventure Theme Park in the UK (now closed) hes a bit worse for wear hes sewn up in so many different places and he used to have a little tuff of hair on his head but i cut it off because i thought he looked better bald haha i dont know what i would do without him

Last edited by Bea; 03-29-2021 at 04:14 PM.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bea For This Useful Post:

Erik. (03-30-2021),kittyray (03-29-2021),Stardew (03-29-2021),Stardust (03-30-2021),Zapdos (03-29-2021)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 6h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    I'm autistic, you bet your ass I sleep in a bed full of plushes.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    (you need an account to see links)
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

Hare (03-29-2021)

Pronouns
    it/its or they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    76 times
    Time Online
    8d 2h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahsoka View Post
    I'm autistic, you bet your ass I sleep in a bed full of plushes.
    hell yes, same

also my comfort plush is an owl and she's very good and nice to hold

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    133 times
    Time Online
    55d 4h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    I've collected a large amount of plushies through my life, lately I've slept with a snake one wrapped around the post of my bed.

My recent ex also saw fit to leave all of her plushies when she left so I basically doubled my collection😂

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RealisticError For This Useful Post:

Goddammit (03-30-2021),Stardust (03-30-2021),Zapdos (03-30-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    I have many plushies as well and can not sleep with out them. I recently got a soft toy dragon called Dexter - he is the most softest toy I own, brings a lot of comfort to me when I'm feeling down or anxious.

*that's rough buddy*

thank you Dita ;u; & thank you sugarbee *u* thank you Lyrichord for the ub *O* thank you Kibba for the dp eue

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 6h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by Hare View Post
    hell yes, same

also my comfort plush is an owl and she's very good and nice to hold
    I like dragons and pokemon most for mine, but owls are 10/10 on the awesome scale.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata