Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alien invasion or zombie apocalipse? Werewolves, witches?

Pronouns
    They/Them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    330 times
    Time Online
    313d 4h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 45m
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    Something I forgot to mention with the Alien Scenario but I was thinking about is that stuff like War of the Worlds (and even Signs with water) had it right with germs. We'd be a huge risk to them and they'd be a huge risk to us, and...considering the past year, yikes.I also honestly don't think our First Contact with extraterrestrial intelligence, as far away as it may be, will be hostile,so as long as distance is kept and it sticks to like...signals.
    Slightly unrelated but god, Signs terrified me as a kid. The scene where it /finally/ showed the Alien walk behind the kids birthday party. ugh.

Thats a really good point though, if Aliens even came here, would they bring us disease? Would we disease them?
    This is actually really interesting to start to get into. Would they even have diseases that we would be able to get? Would we be recognized as a possible host for their germs/parasites? Would they work as hosts for ours? What kinds of sickness would they even have?

Quote Originally Posted by zapd0s View Post
    Honestly if they're the latter zombies, I'd just get it over with and get myself bitten asap lol. Its not worth surviving in a world full of those.
    Honestly, yeah. It wouldn't even be worth dragging it out the few days you might survive if youre lucky. T.T

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny Villa View Post
    I sometimes fantasize about places I could use in case of a zombie apocalipse. A high house, or my car. It's fun to think about that lol
    Oh my gosh, yeah. Guilty of that as well! Sometimes you drive past something like a warehouse or someplace with a large fence like "Bet that would be a safe spot, mentally noted". I wonder what it would be like to be in that sort of survival situation, how long you could survive in a well stocked store like Walmart. Assuming its well protected somehow and nobody else shows up. Like how long could you be comfortable living off what was there.

(you need an account to see links)
    ^ How to unlock and care for a Ryugotchi ^

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nyanobyte For This Useful Post:

kittyray (03-28-2021),Sunny Villa (03-29-2021),Zapdos (03-28-2021)

Gyaoo!
    Pronouns
    【she ⚡ her】
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    330 times
    Time Online
    52d 6h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanobyte View Post
    Slightly unrelated but god, Signs terrified me as a kid. The scene where it /finally/ showed the Alien walk behind the kids birthday party. ugh.

Thats a really good point though, if Aliens even came here, would they bring us disease? Would we disease them?
    This is actually really interesting to start to get into. Would they even have diseases that we would be able to get? Would we be recognized as a possible host for their germs/parasites? Would they work as hosts for ours? What kinds of sickness would they even have?

Honestly, yeah. It wouldn't even be worth dragging it out the few days you might survive if youre lucky. T.T

Oh my gosh, yeah. Guilty of that as well! Sometimes you drive past something like a warehouse or someplace with a large fence like "Bet that would be a safe spot, mentally noted". I wonder what it would be like to be in that sort of survival situation, how long you could survive in a well stocked store like Walmart. Assuming its well protected somehow and nobody else shows up. Like how long could you be comfortable living off what was there.
    I think as long as you don't mind eating expired long life foods, potentially your whole life right? We don't have Walmart here but I'm assuming those are stocked to the brim! Only thing is you may have to defend it. Do they sell guns at Walmart?

Thank you Zenitsu and Greyfaerie for my siggy UBs respectively!
    Thank you Hollow for the vector art!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zapdos For This Useful Post:

Sunny Villa (03-29-2021)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,155 times
    Time Online
    550d 23h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    I think as long as you don't mind eating expired long life foods, potentially your whole life right? We don't have Walmart here but I'm assuming those are stocked to the brim! Only thing is you may have to defend it. Do they sell guns at Walmart?
    Food isn't a huge concern for me in these situation, you can grow vegetables, hunt, et cetera. Yes, they do sell guns at Wal-Mart here. Or at least some of them. I'm more interested/concerned in things like the development of pharmaceuticals, specialized textiles (I feel like we'd manage for clothes, but what about ones used for water filters or like if you want to escape on a sailboat and your sail is damaged beyond repair or idk). I can't think of something else right now.

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Sunny Villa (03-29-2021),Zapdos (03-28-2021)

Gyaoo!
    Pronouns
    【she ⚡ her】
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    330 times
    Time Online
    52d 6h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    Food isn't a huge concern for me in these situation, you can grow vegetables, hunt, et cetera. Yes, they do sell guns at Wal-Mart here. Or at least some of them. I'm more interested/concerned in things like the development of pharmaceuticals, specialized textiles (I feel like we'd manage for clothes, but what about ones used for water filters or like if you want to escape on a sailboat and your sail is damaged beyond repair or idk). I can't think of something else right now.
    Oh I just meant in response to 'how long could you live in just a Walmart', you could definitely survive growing and hunting! No matter what I think you just have to hope that: your senses stay keen, you don't become diseased or develop a chronic illness, and like you mentioned, not need to rely on specialty manufactured goods. Like you said, pharmaceuticals are so important, and so are water filters. You'd basically have to live somewhere with glacial melt or easy access to groundwater for fresh water w/o nasty bacteria right?

Thank you Zenitsu and Greyfaerie for my siggy UBs respectively!
    Thank you Hollow for the vector art!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Zapdos For This Useful Post:

Sunny Villa (03-29-2021)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,155 times
    Time Online
    550d 23h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    Oh I just meant in response to 'how long could you live in just a Walmart', you could definitely survive growing and hunting! No matter what I think you just have to hope that: your senses stay keen, you don't become diseased or develop a chronic illness, and like you mentioned, not need to rely on specialty manufactured goods. Like you said, pharmaceuticals are so important, and so are water filters. You'd basically have to live somewhere with glacial melt or easy access to groundwater for fresh water w/o nasty bacteria right?
    OH GOTCHA, somehow I missed that part.

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Sunny Villa (03-29-2021)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    937 times
    Time Online
    116d 6h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Aliens.

I. Do not. Fuck. With. Zombies. Further than just my aversion to horror movies and things of the scary nature, especially since I watched Train to Busan when it came out (not my choice, got forced into it, never again) where the premise came from things like human indiscretion/science or chemical related aberrations, as stupid as it is that shit kind of hits a bit too close to home for me. Like. Remember that bath salts guy? Humans have been doing stupidly questionable shit for YEARS and damned if we're not already hurtling to some kind of world ending man made disaster.

t/w suicide

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

kittyray (03-28-2021),Sunny Villa (03-29-2021)

Pronouns
    they/them or he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    71 times
    Time Online
    6d 16h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    i think i'd rather aliens, bc they're more of a mystery grab bag, and they definitely exist...but whether we'll make contact in our lifetime...i'm doubtful. zombies, tho...too many dark, heavy outcomes. with aliens they're just as likely to decide we're basically a helpless endangered alien species lmfao

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hare For This Useful Post:

kittyray (03-28-2021),Sunny Villa (03-29-2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 14h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Hare View Post
    i think i'd rather aliens, bc they're more of a mystery grab bag, and they definitely exist...but whether we'll make contact in our lifetime...i'm doubtful. zombies, tho...too many dark, heavy outcomes. with aliens they're just as likely to decide we're basically a helpless endangered alien species lmfao
    I have some "doubtful" sources (I prefer not to talk about how I know, just think it's an information I believe but you don't need to) that some real aliens think we are just misbehaved children, and they won't show off to us because we would either want to kill/have a war with them or sanctify them. That's not useful in any way to them, or to us. They said they would intervene only if we use some mass destruction weapon that would put in danger other planets. They also said there are lots of different aliens species, and some of them are not ethic and they have been using humans to make experiences for thousands of years. They also told some civilizations got some sort of help from aliens too, like the Egyptians, who got helped by a feline race called "Sirius Felines". I am not a crazy person, this is just information I believe is somewhat true, but I prefer not to talk about the source cause it can be very questionable by everyone.