Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Neopets features you would like to see?

Pronouns
    he/him, they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    3d 11h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m

Question Neopets features you would like to see?

...besides creatable UCs, of course. I'm thinking smaller, quality-of-life features for the average user that most modern websites already have, which would make using the website a more streamlined and enjoyable experience. To give an obscenely long list of examples:

Now, Neopets's back end is likely an outdated nightmare of paleozoic proportions, so I doubt half of these suggestions would even be doable, but it's a fun hypothetical nonetheless. So, what are some of your ideas? Share them here and maybe if the stars align any spies TNT have stationed here will report their findings back to Market Research. Ah, we can dream, right?

The nightingale sings out of spite.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Nightingale For This Useful Post:

Aero (03-24-2021),Amparo (03-25-2021),Buizel (03-24-2021),Erik. (03-24-2021),Ice (03-24-2021),Maelstra (04-20-2021),Mario2302 (03-24-2021),My name is Yoshikage Kira (04-20-2021),padfoots (05-23-2021),pinkpain (03-24-2021),radius (03-24-2021),Spiffy (04-10-2021),Unlucky (04-30-2021)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    30 times
    Time Online
    69d 6h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    28m
    Lots of good suggestions! I'd love an app & I hope they implement one if/when they fully convert the site. I really just want to have notifications on my phone for Neo!
    Pet done training? You're notified.
    Get a neomail, offer on trading post, etc? Notified.
    Oh, food club is closing bets soon & you didn't bet yet? Notified!

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to radius For This Useful Post:

Amparo (03-25-2021),Buizel (03-24-2021),DrSloth (04-11-2021),Ice (03-24-2021),Mario2302 (03-24-2021),Nightingale (03-24-2021),pinkpain (03-24-2021),Pringle (03-24-2021)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    949 times
    Time Online
    116d 18h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Ooohhh damn did you hit the nail on the head for a lot of things.

I know, as you sussed out, the issue is the site itself is on such a broken and outdated structure to begin with (namely: the lack of permanence in neoboards) that they would truly need a bottom up redesign of the most used and community oriented parts of the site. (Yes neomail is so fucking terrible too and in desperate need of an upgrade)

I really really really don't want Neopets to go down the drain. I'd love to see it modernized to even like a true 2010s standard. But not this kiddie bullshit we all obviously hate and know is destined to fail with its current userbase...

The "linked accounts" thing sounds sooooooooo good. God please. I think that was included in that one user's Neopets redesign mockup (the petpage link is failing me, help) and the uses of it as you outlined would be a phenomenal QoL change that is desperately needed. And a hundred yes-es to a re-written and consolidated rules list. Sigh. TNT hire me. I'm on Neopets all day anyway. Just. Please. Hire SOMEONE who cares.

Also re:the NC giftbox thing I do recall Snarkie's somewhat answer about it on one of her AMAs and it sounds believeable, I guess, but still terrible...

Question

Answer

One irrelevant addition to the site I want to see aside from moar pet slots!!!11 is being able to order your pets in whatever way you want. That would be cool, I guess. And also an app that lets you do basic things like answer nms, do some dailies, interact with your pet would be really fucking cute.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

Aero (03-24-2021),cornishwall (04-25-2021),Maelstra (03-24-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Interesting! I've always wanted the explore page to be more interactive! I'd love to see a revamp of each world.

*that's rough buddy*

(you need an account to see links)

thank you Dita ;u; & thank you sugarbee *u* thank you Lyrichord for the ub *O* thank you Kibba for the dp eue

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    9d 13h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Being able to have all my side account pets on just one main account would be very convenient ;-; I'm tired of logging in and out between 5 accounts, it's actually a bit ridiculous considering other pet sites I've played in the past have tons of pet slots on just one account.

And +1 to giving more personality for the pets themselves. I'd just like to see our pets talk more lol. As a kid I always loved seeing my active pet speak, even if it was the same 3 cycled lines any pet would say after being fed, read a book, doing dailies, etc. It'd be great if the answers to your pet's "where does your Neopet like to live?"/"what does your Neopet like doing?"/"how does your Neopet greet others?" on their creation screen/lookup influenced their personality and what pool of lines they say. Or maybe even their BD stats (or the stat set they started out with on the creation screen?) or their intelligence affect their disposition/how confident they are or something.

The variation between individual pets would add another (if small) layer of excitement to getting a new pet, just to see what unique personality the new pet will have. I could pick up two green grarrls from the pound, and depending on which one I have active, one might occasionally say "AH! BEHIND YOU! Just kidding!" while the other would say "Why don't you just paint me grey if you're gonna leave me like this?" depending on their preset traits (and/or hunger level), but they probably wouldn't say each others' lines if their personalities were too different.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to maya For This Useful Post:

Buizel (03-24-2021),Erik. (03-24-2021),Nightingale (03-24-2021),Old but gold (03-25-2021),pinkpain (03-24-2021)

Pronouns
    he/him, they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    3d 11h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by radius View Post
    Lots of good suggestions! I'd love an app & I hope they implement one if/when they fully convert the site. I really just want to have notifications on my phone for Neo!
    Pet done training? You're notified.
    Get a neomail, offer on trading post, etc? Notified.
    Oh, food club is closing bets soon & you didn't bet yet? Notified!
    Yesss! Only if the notification system worked though, and didn't constantly notify us for things that had either expired or that we'd already done until we manually delete them like it does now. :V

The nightingale sings out of spite.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    12d 4h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Y'all, should we just create our own virtual pet site. The only reason we're still on Neopets is because of nostalgia and the hope that TNT will restore it to what it once was -- which, let's face it, is a pipe dream that will never happen.

We already know the ins and outs of Neopets, what works and what doesn't work. So with this in mind, let's throw our monies into a Kickstarter to hire artists/developers/writers/etc (and/or just hire people who are already on ck) and see what comes out. It can't be any worse than the flaming dumpster fire that's Neopets right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    Interesting! I've always wanted the explore page to be more interactive! I'd love to see a revamp of each world.
    (you need an account to see links), def something to keep an eye on! So cute Let's recruit this guy for our new pet site

Last edited by pinkpain; 03-24-2021 at 04:21 PM.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pinkpain For This Useful Post:

Charizard (04-20-2021),Hollow (03-24-2021),Houndoom (03-24-2021),padfoots (05-23-2021),penguin1991 (04-06-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkpain View Post
    Y'all, should we just create our own virtual pet site. The only reason we're still on Neopets is because of nostalgia and the hope that TNT will restore it to what it once was -- which, let's face it, is a pipe dream that will never happen.

We already know the ins and outs of Neopets, what works and what doesn't work. So with this in mind, let's throw our monies into a Kickstarter to hire artists/developers/writers/etc (and/or just hire people who are already on ck) and see what comes out. It can't be any worse than the flaming dumpster fire that's Neopets right now.
    I actually remember seeing a pet site that was completely dedicated to the old school version of Neopets before conversion, it kept the exact same layout as it used to be. But from what I remember you could only register once a month or something like that. I can't remember the name though!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pinkpain View Post

(you need an account to see links), def something to keep an eye on! So cute Let's recruit this guy for our new pet site

Oh yesss! I saw that earlier and thought it looked amazing something like this would be awesome

*that's rough buddy*

(you need an account to see links)

thank you Dita ;u; & thank you sugarbee *u* thank you Lyrichord for the ub *O* thank you Kibba for the dp eue

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    12d 4h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Do you mean (you need an account to see links) ?

My God this takes me back. I feel like I'm 8 years old again logging into Neopets after the dial-up has finished beeping

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    12d 4h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    I actually remember seeing a pet site that was completely dedicated to the old school version of Neopets before conversion, it kept the exact same layout as it used to be. But from what I remember you could only register once a month or something like that. I can't remember the name though!
    Do you mean (you need an account to see links) ?

Goodness this takes me back. I feel like I'm 8 years old again logging into Neopets after the dial-up has finished beeping