25/0
    Mentioned
    155 times
    Time Online
    51d 6h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mama Bear View Post
    Call me a traditionalist, but losing the original Harvest Moon name is a bummer. I get why they had to, but Story of Seasons just sounds lamer. Harvest Moon evokes those pixels of my youth. Stardew Valley is obviously an expansion on the original HM format, but now it feels like SoS is borrowing back, e.g., the museum. Still, I'm always down for having more farm/life/dating sims.
    I know I'm late to this response but I really do miss the pixel graphics. I still play all the HM games, as evidenced above, but I really don't dig the 3d-ish graphics. Which I think is why I've actually started to favor Stardew more.

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    36d 13h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Quote Originally Posted by Goddammit View Post
    I know I'm late to this response but I really do miss the pixel graphics. I still play all the HM games, as evidenced above, but I really don't dig the 3d-ish graphics. Which I think is why I've actually started to favor Stardew more.
    Same here, same here. My favorite style was Friends of Mineral Town/the first DS games. I got every DS game that came out until A New Beginning and I just...didn't like it at all and gave the game to a friend. I didn't get another game until SoS: FoMT. Ngl, the strawberry cows sold me. It's a wonder I have yet to play any Stardew Games yet. I guess I just have too many HM games I wanna finish first.

I do plan on buying PoOT at some point, probably this summer when I'll have more time to play it. Still not my favorite graphic style, but I'm really intrigued by the new features.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    84 times
    Time Online
    14d 15h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by Goddammit View Post
    Oh no, I just bought Harvest Moon: One World like two weeks ago and then a few months ago I bought HM: Story of Seasons Friends of Mineral Town and NOW I have to buy this one.

I've also recently backed three kickstarters for similar games: Coral Island, One Lonely Outpost and Roots of Patcha because I have a fucking problem...don't even ask how many Stardew Valley saves I have.
    How is One World? I didn't buy it because it looked really... unfinished almost? I'm enjoying Olive Town even though its a lot more... simple, than I would have thought. I backed Coral Island too, and I cannot wait!!! And Stardew. I modded on PC with the expanded version and OMG. Nothing will ever come close, I swear!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    155 times
    Time Online
    51d 6h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    Quote Originally Posted by byproxxy View Post
    How is One World? I didn't buy it because it looked really... unfinished almost? I'm enjoying Olive Town even though its a lot more... simple, than I would have thought. I backed Coral Island too, and I cannot wait!!! And Stardew. I modded on PC with the expanded version and OMG. Nothing will ever come close, I swear!
    I havent played it a whole lot, honestly, because its hard for me to be interested in a mobile farm. But what I have played of it is nice. I love Harvest Moon, I've been playing ever since the first one but honestly, Stardew blows them all out of the water.

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    145 times
    Time Online
    74d 5h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Okay so, as an avid Harvest Moon Fan and player, I have reviews of both games from my opinion if anyone is struggling to figure out which to buy.

One World: Harvest Moon -

SoS: PoOT

What I'm really fucking excited for is RF5 because the character designs are fucking amazing and RF games always slap hard as fuck.

Also - sorry this was a short rant about the games, they did have pros and cons, I just feel strongly about HM / SOS in general

Also edit edit:

I think it's hard to compare them to each other respectively.

Stardew is a phenomenal game for a lot of reasons - I love the character depth and the way the characters have a darker feel to them, but I have to play it modded.
    Harvest Moon series - Harvest Moon itself while the older games were great, the games they tried to make after the split have fallen flat because they are trying to live up to a name that they can't live up to just yet because they are a small company
    Story of Seasons - The games focus on character interactions, and have a dash of farming. While yes your goals are to create a successful farm, a lot of it is also based on forging friendships coupled with beautiful art.

I'm a fucking slut for Harvest Moon Animal Parade and Tree of Tranquility because I'm a slut for the Harvest king and Wizard.
    I just really love how all the games are different in their own regard, so comparing them to each other or comparing them to SDV doesn't do them justice because they also have pros that SDV doesn't have IMO.

But I think that's why this SOS let me down, becuase they tried to make a high quality SDV, and unfortunately didn't do it properly or right.
    Last edited by Harvest Goddess; 04-10-2021 at 03:04 PM.
    UB Courtesy of: @Munna

Credit for the beautiful signature to: (you need an account to see links)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Harvest Goddess For This Useful Post:

dustyc (04-10-2021),Goddammit (04-10-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Heyo!

I lately started to play the game in question but just loathe the grind mechanic it has, also how the machines take so much space and aren't pleasing to look at.
    I found out that there is dupe glitch I can use to make some easy money, i.e. duping stables and selling them for 9k each, but was wondering if anyone has knowledge if there is similar glitch for materials?*

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DesignerDuck For This Useful Post:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    84 times
    Time Online
    14d 15h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by DesignerDuck View Post
    Heyo!

I lately started to play the game in question but just loathe the grind mechanic it has, also how the machines take so much space and aren't pleasing to look at.
    I found out that there is dupe glitch I can use to make some easy money, i.e. duping stables and selling them for 9k each, but was wondering if anyone has knowledge if there is similar glitch for materials?*
    That is huge for me too! Why didn't they make a single machine of each type that you can load up with materials to produce however many of an item. You need 10 lumber? Please insert 30 wood. Now my whole farm is covered in stupid machines and I don't know if I'm going to make it!

Not to mention, I'm really feeling no depth with the relationships here. It all is feeling so shallow. I wanted it to be soooo good though.

- - - Updated - - -
    @(you need an account to see links)

You just made me think of how much I actually LOVED HM Magical Melody. I don't know why, maybe the note unlock achievements... I couldn't even tell you... But I adored that game with all my heart and I would die to figure out an emulator or something to play it again. Awww I miss it so much now!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ambient For This Useful Post:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    84 times
    Time Online
    14d 15h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I just had to jump back in, because I wanted to share that I gave in and bought One World. I actually find it to be a much more satisfying game than POOT. There is just so much more going on overall. I mean the character depth is still lacking, but it definitely feels more adventurous and I'm not bored trying to get things done here!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ambient For This Useful Post:

dustyc (04-23-2021)