40/0
    Mentioned
    1,161 times
    Time Online
    556d 14h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephora View Post
    This is my 30 day Peloton activity in the last month. I have a "3 week streak" but I should start going for daily streaks.
    So far I have only done Strength and Cardio workouts, I need to try the other workouts Peloton has to offer. Has anyone found Yoga, Stretching, or Meditation to be effective?
    I like the stretching videos a lot, but mostly stick to the pre/post ride ones, sometimes one of the targeted ones, but not as often as I should. I never did yoga frequently enough to have an opinion beyond "like them as a very casual yoga person", though one of my early quarantine purchases was a new yoga mat and some yoga blocks because I was sure I'd become a daily yoga type.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, just remembered I came in here to say that I did one of their walk/run outdoors things. I injured my knee late 2019 and never got any follow up treatment because of covid, so I've been off running for a LONG time. I only did like 5 minutes total of running that was really jogging, but it's a start, goddammit. I will crawl my way back to 5ks , which is about where I at after my last run interruption. We'll see where I get after that!
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Charmander (05-02-2021),Houndoom (05-03-2021),Sephora (05-02-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/0
    Mentioned
    407 times
    Time Online
    122d 3h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    54m
    Quote Originally Posted by Great White North View Post
    Well I did it. My first ride in April. And it kicked my butt. Nowhere to go but up from here I guess! Bonus is my elbow didn't hurt!

Remember the hardest thing is starting back up again. I kept putting it off and saying "tomorrow...tomorrow". You need to make "tomorrow" TODAY! It gets easier from there!
    well that's surely the case and that cadence isn't bad at all for a first ride in a while :o

i've done another commute today and i was pleased with the result though i'm sure the wind helped me out on this one :p

(you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

Very close to my target of an average of 30km/h and i was held up at some points by other cyclists where i couldn't pass them so without that i might have even reached that target on this ride.
    It does feel like i'm making progress so that's great

With work i'm also participating in a charity event for breast cancer in which the company sponsor our entry and several companies add in for every step taken by participants. Hence i'm also committed to taking at least 10k steps a day during May.
    my progress so far is:

Which surely is not achieved during my day to day business when working so i have to put in a bit extra effort :p
    today i went for an additional walk before work (which i forgot to track) and one after dinner which i did track.
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

Not sure about walking pace and what's normal but i might be bit faster as most there according to my colleagues assessment.

Ruygi
    Endlessly indebted to (you need an account to see links) for this cute adoptable and Ruygi and mario on my avatar!!
    Forever thanking (you need an account to see links) for the tweaked background and custom userbar on my profile
    Perpetual gratitude to (you need an account to see links) for the custom "super mario 1 up" userbar on my avatar
    In ultimate awe of (you need an account to see links)animation and art skill on my current avatar background, the animated
    super mario custom userbar and tying it together with the one from (you need an account to see links)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mario2302 For This Useful Post:

Houndoom (05-03-2021)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    250 times
    Time Online
    101d 22h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 41m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephora View Post
    This is my 30 day Peloton activity in the last month. I have a "3 week streak" but I should start going for daily streaks.
    So far I have only done Strength and Cardio workouts, I need to try the other workouts Peloton has to offer. Has anyone found Yoga, Stretching, or Meditation to be effective?
    I love their yoga classes! Some of them are quite difficult and more strength based, and I really like that they have ones that target specific regions. Mobility is always good! I also use the stretching usually as a cool down, but skip the meditation since I have Headspace for that (but also strongly recommend meditation to most people)!

And not peloton related, but I finally played my sport yesterday and I am SORE and DYING. It's a good pain but it's been a while heh. I think some yoga for myself would probably be a good thing too for recovery (:

@(you need an account to see links) - they have a 5k training series too I think, which the one I did was definitely very nice for easing back into running.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Houndoom For This Useful Post:

Charmander (05-03-2021),Sephora (05-03-2021)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,161 times
    Time Online
    556d 14h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    Quote Originally Posted by doomly View Post
    I love their yoga classes! Some of them are quite difficult and more strength based, and I really like that they have ones that target specific regions. Mobility is always good! I also use the stretching usually as a cool down, but skip the meditation since I have Headspace for that (but also strongly recommend meditation to most people)!

And not peloton related, but I finally played my sport yesterday and I am SORE and DYING. It's a good pain but it's been a while heh. I think some yoga for myself would probably be a good thing too for recovery (:

@(you need an account to see links) - they have a 5k training series too I think, which the one I did was definitely very nice for easing back into running.
    oooh, I might look into that. I did C25K when I was coming off a long-term illness, but I treat injuries differently, so I haven't really decided the approach I'm gonna take yet. Thanks for the tip!

Also nice on doing your sport again! I'm happy for you!

Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

Pronouns
    🫎🦫🍁🏒 she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    703 times
    Time Online
    156d 12h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m
    Well after passing around with my internet I was finally able to stream my ride! This was a fun one! Cody is one of my.fav instructors! I highly recommend him!

(you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Charmander For This Useful Post:

Mario2302 (05-06-2021)

Pronouns
    🫎🦫🍁🏒 she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    703 times
    Time Online
    156d 12h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m
    Switched it up to some yoga today! Shout out to @(you need an account to see links) for letting me tag along for the first yoga session!

(you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

It felt so good I decided to do an intermediate power yoga then an advanced power yoga. This was great! Before I had my kiddo I used to go to Hot yoga all the time and it felt amazing and I would be so tired and relaxed after. So now I'm trying more of it into my regime. If anyone wants to practice vurtually together let me know!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Charmander For This Useful Post:

kittyray (05-06-2021),Mario2302 (05-06-2021)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,161 times
    Time Online
    556d 14h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    @(you need an account to see links) Was glad to have you join me, definitely inspired me to get off my ass and actually do it. And I definitely want to get back into doing yoga more often!

Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

13. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Charmander (05-06-2021)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    184 times
    Time Online
    127d 20h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 20m
    I lost my 3 week streak. I had a busy week and although I did light exercise, I didn't workout with Peloton.
    These milestones are addicting and keep me sticking with the app. Good for my fitness! I've now used up my free trial and I'm paying for the service.

Also, I've always had a hard time with mindfulness and I usually get bored during yoga. I don't know why I can't get into it. Ballet relaxes me more than yoga.

Chanel the Ryugotchi by (you need an account to see links)
    yassified-o-lantern by (you need an account to see links)
    Userbar by (you need an account to see links)

Chanel was hatched 11/15/2020

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sephora For This Useful Post:

Charmander (05-09-2021),kittyray (05-09-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    84 times
    Time Online
    14d 15h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I completely fell off this weekend. On food and nutrition. But today, its back to it! I think my body enjoyed the extra time off actually. I've being doing double workouts and reached a new record Thursday with 709 workout calories burned. So now I just need to get back to it!

Pronouns
    🫎🦫🍁🏒 she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    703 times
    Time Online
    156d 12h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m
    I tried to get going today but my app is acting up. Is anyone else who uses the digital app having issues with getting classes to load. I am wondering if their servers are getting overloaded due to all the new bikes and treads being bought. My internet is fine and we can stream on our other devices with no issues. I also reinstalled the app with no luck in improving performance.