Quote Originally Posted by LibraryFaerie View Post
The equity vs equality argument is good. I pulled a few quotes from an article that better articulate it from that viewpoint

“Straight Pride” movement trivializes the trials and tribulations that the LGBTQ community is up against. Straight people are quite literally never the target of violence for wanting to love who they love or for trying to live a truer version of their lives... Pride Month is more than just rainbow floats and Drag Queens lip-syncing for their lives. It’s an opportunity to do what those at Stonewall couldn’t do: be themselves without shame or fear of retaliation.

Straight Pride is an opportunity for what? Celebrate the fact that straight people never have to worry about prejudice being brought against them for being straight?

And @(you need an account to see links) to your point - I don't want to discredit your feelings, but I don't think it's necessarily forcing anyone on you? Even without trans men in the mix, I imagine you'd still be swiping no on people for reasons other than their body parts. I think if an app wants to open itself up to letting people choose "no brown eyes, no one under 5'8, no one over 130lbs, etc." and then they also threw in "no trans men" as an option, it'd be less yucky?

And as @DaPlusheeBoree pointed out, terms like "cishet" have never felt as yucky as the term "super straight" though they both have similar meanings.. there's definitely a lot to be said on the intent behind a term.

At the end of the day I am a cis white woman speaking from a place of privilege, so don't take my word as gospel (i also have mega covid brain and have a hard time making complete thoughts). It's just things I've learned in conversation with people from marginalized communities.
I think I maybe worded that wrong. It's not that I feel forced to get trans matches, it's more like I mean why does the app work like that when trans people are just going to get rejected. Wouldn't they prefer that their profiles are only shown to people who are interested in them? Personally I wouldn't want my profile to be shown to women for example, or hetero men is a better example I suppose. They're not into me and I'm not into them, what's the point of them seeing my pics and personal info?