DL/UL
    115/0
    Mentioned
    68 times
    Time Online
    58d 4h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    From what I read, this was created mostly as a troll attempt by a dude that got bashed simply for stating he wasn't interested in transgender people. If (big if) that it is true and that he wasn't hateful towards anyone, he had an hint of a point (to be able to have his own preferences without being shamed for it) but, of course, the need for 15 minutes of fame made him do it the wrong way.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ribossoma For This Useful Post:

Aero (04-09-2021),Synth Salazzle (03-22-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    3d 19h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    The term super straight, not too good. Being only into cis people is fine and I agree that saying �only into cis� is better than �no trans�. I will only date people who are open to accepting trans men and find it annoying some places won�t allow separation of this. I don�t want to see applications of people who are only into cis men but the app won�t let them not pick �only into cis men.� It�s annoying for me, a person who has been questioning my identity for far too long and wishes to only pick those who are open to the possibility of this.

There is nothing wrong with people who are not into certain physical traits they cannot change as long as it�s not done in hate. Some people aren�t into people of certain height, some people don�t like certain people of certain builds. There is nothing wrong with this as long as it�s not stated rudely.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cutepup For This Useful Post:

Aero (04-09-2021),Bakugo (03-24-2021),Da Plushee Boree (04-05-2021),Erik. (03-21-2021),Winona (03-31-2021),Zapdos (03-21-2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    8h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    What it comes down too is the fact anyone can create a new preference and people just have to respect that within limitations obviously. Kinder reminds me of a person in Turkey from what I recall could be wrong about the place itself. Any how a man created a religion he got 1000 followers (requirement to be known as real religion) to where they have to wear spaghetti strainer on the head. License photo time he has a strainer on his head. Just to prove how dumb it could get. If anyone can create a new preference then people will have to respect that like they do the others that have already been created and accepted that also exclude other preference groups.

People accept what works for them all the time and complain about everything else. see it all the time on forum groups like reddit and Youtube it's a shit storm called freedom of speech and Freedom in general. If you don't like a certain group that really isn't hurting anyone maybe you have a issue. Obviously some people take it to the extreme but why take it out on the preference group as a whole when it's few bad eggs.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coolstory For This Useful Post:

Bakugo (03-24-2021),Da Plushee Boree (04-05-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    1d 6h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I think we're seriously overthinking this. Is it really something that needs to be defined--or outspoken? Is it really the publics business your sexual orientation regardless if you're straight or gay? Seems like things would be a lot easier if people didn't need to brag about being super gay or super straight. Enjoy life with your partner and it's really nobody else's business. If how other people feel about your orientation or whatever impacts your happiness--you're pretty much setting yourself up for disappointment.

Pronouns
    hers/his
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    43/0
    Mentioned
    169 times
    Time Online
    43d 13h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Quote Originally Posted by empmirage View Post
    I think we're seriously overthinking this. (...)
    I am 100% and 0% this. It all depends on the space you're comunicating. Feeling part of a socially accepted group is part of the human most basic needs, so making different preferences visible is needed most of times. I agree that it shouldn't be public, things prone to generate discrimination shouldn't necesarily be public, just like some japanese people don't put blood types on CVs by law.

Still, this convo was originated in a board about dating, so it's from-ok-to-needed to discuss it. It's kinda unfair to say "enjoy your life with your partner" when your partner get their teeth off with a kick after some intransigent rando saw you with them. (i'm not meant to sound harsh or rude, i'm sorry if it can be viewed and read like that, just explaining myself in a no-native language).

Now, and to keep on topic, i think coolstory has a point, whenever there's something that doesn't fit with popular opinion, it's easy to get backslashed nowadays. That doesn't exclude SS to be a shitty backup for trans/homo phobia; tho. I just think everyone should be attracted to whatever they're attracted without beign hurtful nor hurt about it.
    Last edited by Da Plushee Boree; 04-14-2021 at 08:04 AM.

León the Lion Ryu,
    the "Board Games hoarder"
    Born || 2020~11~15

(you need an account to see links)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Da Plushee Boree For This Useful Post:

Goddammit (04-14-2021)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    145 times
    Time Online
    74d 5h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    I'm spoilering because this may be ranty -

UB Courtesy of: @Munna

Credit for the beautiful signature to: (you need an account to see links)

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Harvest Goddess For This Useful Post:

dustyc (04-14-2021),Goddammit (04-14-2021),Hare (04-19-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    133 times
    Time Online
    55d 3h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by ribossoma View Post
    From what I read, this was created mostly as a troll attempt by a dude that got bashed simply for stating he wasn't interested in transgender people. If (big if) that it is true and that he wasn't hateful towards anyone, he had an hint of a point (to be able to have his own preferences without being shamed for it) but, of course, the need for 15 minutes of fame made him do it the wrong way.
    This is correct, a dude on Tiktok made it as a joke, although he had over 1million followers before making it so I think the idea of 15 minutes of fame is in bad faith.

reply to the whole thread, not just the quote:
    as a bi person who would date a trans person no problems, I think it's unfair to say that not wanting to date trans people is inherently transphobic, it's not different from not wanting to date someone because they have brown hair, or freckles, those things are inherent parts of people that they can't change, but we're allowed to be more or less attracted to people because of them. attraction isn't skin deep either, the idea that you HAVE to be attracted to someone because they're feminine or masculine passing and you're attracted to traditional male or females is dangerous.

Basically, my thought on anything is: don't be an asshole to anyone for anything, if you don't want to date someone, don't make a big deal of it and if someone doesn't want to date you, move on, it's unhealthy to keep trying.

edit: all better
    Last edited by RealisticError; 04-15-2021 at 10:22 PM.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RealisticError For This Useful Post:

dustyc (04-14-2021),♥ Harvest Goddess ♥ (04-13-2021),Seeno (05-03-2021)

Pronouns
    hers/his
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    43/0
    Mentioned
    169 times
    Time Online
    43d 13h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Quote Originally Posted by RealisticError View Post
    slur
    thank you dear! edited, in case you want to too !
    (in spanish it isn't a slur, just in case!)

León the Lion Ryu,
    the "Board Games hoarder"
    Born || 2020~11~15

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Da Plushee Boree For This Useful Post:

RealisticError (04-15-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    1d 6h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Plushee Boree View Post
    I am 100% and 0% this. It all depends on the space you're comunicating. Feeling part of a socially accepted group is part of the human most basic needs, so making different preferences visible is needed most of times. I agree that it shouldn't be public, things prone to generate discrimination shouldn't necesarily be public, just like some japanese people don't put blood types on CVs by law.

Still, this convo was originated in a board about dating, so it's from-ok-to-needed to discuss it. It's kinda unfair to say "enjoy your life with your partner" when your partner get their teeth off with a kick after some intransigent rando saw you with them. (i'm not meant to sound harsh or rude, i'm sorry if it can be viewed and read like that, just explaining myself in a no-native language).

Now, and to keep on topic, i think coolstory has a point, whenever there's something that doesn't fit with popular opinion, it's easy to get backslashed nowadays. That doesn't exclude SS to be a shitty backup for trans/homo phobia; tho. I just think everyone should be attracted to whatever they're attracted without beign hurtful nor hurt about it.
    Yeah, I couldn't agree with you more. Here's an example a lot of us can probably relate to--I'm a 33 year old male--I don't try to talk about Neopets in public because I have awareness that only .000001% of people would understand. I do however come specifically to this forum instead.

Yeah you're right--people shouldn't need to live in fear about their sexual orientation--but there's definitely those who don't make it easy on themselves(internally or externally).

Pronouns
    they/them or he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    71 times
    Time Online
    6d 16h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    speaking as a trans person (who vaguely skimmed most of this thread bc discourse honestly stresses me the fuck out but seeing this thread title on the boards every time i look is gonna keep bothering me until i say something)

i don't care if people have a genital preference, ultimately, though the way people express that tends to range from eyeroll-inducing to downright disgusting, in my experience...and super straight is very much the latter

fact of the matter is people have been and continue to be violent and putrid to trans folk, and this super straight thing reeks of exclusionist, bigoted bullshit to me

the fact that people like stonetoss and paintgrease and other weird literal nazis are obsessing about defending this term should rly be all anyone hopefully needs to recognize the intent behind it
    it's a term created out of hatred, used primarily by bigots who want to pull the 'but muh identity! :3' card against trans people, knowing that arguing about it opens you to them arguing that you're the bigot, and it just. doesn't work. doesn't sit right with me.

intent matters and the intent behind this term is rooted in hatred and disingenuity.

sorry if i covered points already addressed, this is just my take on the matter to get it off my chest, mostly.

eta: ok i mostly read the thread and i'm so very relieved most people here are trans friendly, bless u
    i always expect the worst from gender/sexuality threads, but that's changing, lately? phew!
    Last edited by Hare; 04-19-2021 at 06:41 PM.
    Pip!
    Pip! Hatched April 9, 2021, as a Chameleon!
    Was magically transformed into a Bunny April 16, 2021! I'll add the other dates soon!
    *hop, hop, hop*(you need an account to see links)

please message me with additions to the high risk list! i try to keep it updated <3

i update my song pretty frequently! let me know if you like it, or if you have something you think i'll like! <3

(yell at me to draw pls)

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Hare For This Useful Post:

andraste12 (04-21-2021)