98/0
    Mentioned
    512 times
    Time Online
    24d 13h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m

Super Straight?

Hey all, I just read a long Discord thread provoked by one person setting their status to "Super Straight", which is defined as "a sexual preference in which one prefers only the opposite sex with the exclusion of transgender people". This led to a long conversation about how the term is transphobic and exclusionary. I had never even heard of this term before today.

Knowing CK is a diverse community, I am curious what y'all think of this. Is it harmful for someone to be "super straight"? Is it mainly offensive when you actively identify as "super straight" with an "in your face" attitude? Do you think it's the term itself that is offensive or is it the mindset of excluding transgender people from your sexual preference?

One argument I read was that being "super straight" just reduces the other person to what's in their pants. I have lesbian friends who tell me they are grossed out by the thought of sexually interacting with the male phallus... which to me sounds like "super lesbian"? Given the current cultural climate I would think that people could be accepting of someone's sexuality rather they include or exclude men/women/trans people.

Please understand I am genuinely asking in an attempt to better understand both sides of the coin. I hope my wording was not offensive. My PMs are open if you feel uncomfortable replying...

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Zachafer For This Useful Post:

Anybody (03-15-2021),Clefairy (03-21-2021),MrSlowBro (03-15-2021),Nala (04-25-2021),Nattiee (03-16-2021),Nimoligist (03-15-2021)