Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cryptocurrency - anybody in the space?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    15h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I've been considering using NEXO for the dividends or staking but I'm scared that one of these sites pull a bitconnect. Hard to trust things nowadays. I think if governments started purchasing stakes in crypto and trying to regulate it then more people would be more comfortable investing, like how you would invest in a stock, but as it is it's just people HODLing and hoping that their coins moon. For every person that succeeds theres like 10 bagholders suffering. I'm hoping more mainstream adoption will help get away with the stigma around the crypto space

Pronouns
    lmao who cares
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    23d 11h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I'm pretty curiously into it. I don't fully understand crypto as much as I'd like to, but I'm always learning. I have invested about $350 in total on Coinbase and my portfolio is worth about $730 right now, which is mostly due to SHIB inflating lately. I know SHIB especially is very volatile so I don't have a ton in there, but it has tripled in worth lately which is pretty cool. I've always been told to HOLD HOLD HOLD so I do. I kinda see my Coinbase account as a savings account I'm not supposed to touch. I'm mostly invested in Stellar Lumens, but I also have some stuff in Dogecoin, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum and a bunch of others.

I don't know, I find it kinda fun. I take it no differently than playing scratch tickets or the online lottery. It's fun, I might get some money back, I might not, I'm not too invested in it.

But I do feel like in some sense "crypto is the future". After all, plenty of countries are already using Bitcoin, Stellar Lumens, and XRP as a form of currency. Probably others too. It's like a universal currency that is accessible to many. I don't know, it's cool, I like it.

^^ Thanks to Menine for the icon & Gremlin for this userbar!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 21h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 30m
    Quote Originally Posted by PineNut View Post
    Been in the space since 2014. Unfortunately I have had to sell at times due to various life events, and buy back in at much higher prices. So my DCA on most coins is pretty bad for how long I've owned some of them, except BTC. I'm more into staking and lending now. I know crypto isn't going away anytime soon, so might as well add to my bags for free. The way I see it, I can get 4-6% guaranteed dividend on some of the biggest names, and if they also happen to inflate, say 10%/year on average (haha), I'm getting double the return of any tradition market fund. It's also a good way to keep you from moving/selling coins as well.
    I totally know how that goes. I look at my crypto as a safety net. I've had to pull a few times to cover certain expenses. I actually used a coin that popped about 300% to pay for my entire wedding/honeymoon lol. Sold about 1/5 of what I had at the high and then it dropped back down 300%.. perfect timing lol

I've never done the lending thing before, but DeFi is one of the new buzzwords. How do you profit off lending? Staking I understand, I casually do that with a little bit of money on coinbase. It's pretty interesting. Much much better returns than having money sitting in a bank.

Quote Originally Posted by omegalul View Post
    I've been considering using NEXO for the dividends or staking but I'm scared that one of these sites pull a bitconnect. Hard to trust things nowadays. I think if governments started purchasing stakes in crypto and trying to regulate it then more people would be more comfortable investing, like how you would invest in a stock, but as it is it's just people HODLing and hoping that their coins moon. For every person that succeeds theres like 10 bagholders suffering. I'm hoping more mainstream adoption will help get away with the stigma around the crypto space
    I'd be okay with the govt regulating it more. I'd settle on some clear guidelines on how it's taxed to start with. Right now it's a just cluster with the random info out there.

I'm really worried for all the new people who are buying these meme coins because they look at it like stocks - a pump and dump kind of thing. Many don't know when to take profits and get out so they hold and then get rekt. That's no bueno because I don't want that to happen to that 90% of people.. but also because they will look at crypto negatively because they put their money in a fad. I do swing trade the meme coins but my portfolio is made up of long term holds. Average time I've held a coin is probably 3+ years at this point haha

Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    I'm pretty curiously into it. I don't fully understand crypto as much as I'd like to, but I'm always learning. I have invested about $350 in total on Coinbase and my portfolio is worth about $730 right now, which is mostly due to SHIB inflating lately. I know SHIB especially is very volatile so I don't have a ton in there, but it has tripled in worth lately which is pretty cool. I've always been told to HOLD HOLD HOLD so I do. I kinda see my Coinbase account as a savings account I'm not supposed to touch. I'm mostly invested in Stellar Lumens, but I also have some stuff in Dogecoin, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum and a bunch of others.

I don't know, I find it kinda fun. I take it no differently than playing scratch tickets or the online lottery. It's fun, I might get some money back, I might not, I'm not too invested in it.

But I do feel like in some sense "crypto is the future". After all, plenty of countries are already using Bitcoin, Stellar Lumens, and XRP as a form of currency. Probably others too. It's like a universal currency that is accessible to many. I don't know, it's cool, I like it.
    I'd agree. I enjoy diving into the new tech and trying to find the next gem. I bought one called sperax, very small cap, that I got about a 6x return on. I bought shib awhile ago after it's first little pump, so I'm up about 10x on that one. My advice for shib... I don't think it's a long term hold. I'm waiting to see if the petition and the rumors that it may be listed on Robinhood end up being true. I think that would make the price pump even more but I don't see the marketcap going TOO much higher. Planning to sell my shib in the near future! I don't want to be caught holding the bag like what happened to so many people when doge rose and then dropped like 60%.

If you're on coinbase, I'd recommend buying some quant. I rec it to anybody and everybody. Long term hold that I feel like will melt faces once the NDAs end, partnerships are officially announced, and utility is realized.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    1d 1h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Yes, crypto is an asset I'm actively invested in. Besides BTC and ETH, my favorite smaller coins are ATOM and XTZ (for staking), MATIC and ENJ (crypto gaming is going to be huge), and as far as micro/meme coins go, I have a lot of money in Safemoon lol.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    3d 13h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Is crypto the new smartphone? As in, everyone will have it eventually? It feels that way- but the bad it causes the environment always comes up and I'm not so sure what to think anymore.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 21h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 30m
    For everyone that is into doge/shib/etc - be careful. There are a lot of bagholders there right now. Many tout it as the thing to make you a millionaire but it only works if more people buy in and hype it up. It has no utility other than that. I rode the doge train and sold out once it popped. I have a little shib I bought months ago and came so close to selling it but missed the window. I’m planning to sell completely once it gets to .0009

Id highly recommend Quant to anybody who isn’t sure what to get. I’ve had mine for years and the gains are insane already. But the gains to come will melt faces. I bought about 300 more qnt tokens the past month and plan to hold LONG term - talking 3-5 years and beyond if necessary. Dig into it and you’ll see how crazy the price action could be, not to mention the utility it will have once adopted by enterprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Artenio View Post
    Yes, crypto is an asset I'm actively invested in. Besides BTC and ETH, my favorite smaller coins are ATOM and XTZ (for staking), MATIC and ENJ (crypto gaming is going to be huge), and as far as micro/meme coins go, I have a lot of money in Safemoon lol.
    I’ve been digging into a few “play to earn” projects lately. There seem to be more and more each day. SAND is another one that popped up on my radar recently, but I think I missed the boat there. One I want to look at close is star atlas. They have two different tokens used for different things within their schema. Idk much about them, but if you’re into that part - check it out and let me know what you think

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyPink View Post
    Is crypto the new smartphone? As in, everyone will have it eventually? It feels that way- but the bad it causes the environment always comes up and I'm not so sure what to think anymore.
    Eh, I think the environmental impact is overhyped. There are plenty of industries that have a much greater impact on the environment and nobody thinks they should be shut down. That’s just my two cents on it. The environment has much greater threats than crypto, not to mention many crypto miners are using renewable energy, clean energy, or are trying to migrate towards doing it in a more efficient manner.
    Last edited by I_royalty_I; 12-29-2021 at 09:29 PM.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

7. The Following User Says Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Shawn (12-12-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    32 times
    Time Online
    12d 1h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    I've been into crypto since november 2021, but I know Bitcoin since 2012. Sadly I wasn't smart enough to invest. Since november, I researched a lot about and entered in this new world.

My expectations? I think it's not only the future, but the present. Descentralizated, secure and transparent currency is very important for a lot of things like fast trading and smart contracts. Crypto is not only currency, but Metaverse, Web 3.0, Internet of Things (IoT) and NFTs, a completely promising new world! I believe Ethereum will grow a lot this year, since most of cryptocurrencys uses ETH blockchain. Micro, small and medium caps like Gala, Iotex, Enjin Coin, Chainlink, Algorand, they're insanely good and I believe they'll grow a lot in future, they're on my radar. About big caps, I think Avalanche, Polkadot, Cardano, Crypto.com are solid projects and will be the face of future.

But not everything are a field of sunflowers. Maybe everything in this world is expeculation and it's a part of a bubble... and when this bubble blow, we are all doomed. We must be careful before investing. Also, there're scammers and weak projects that won't give nothing, but pain.

Undeniably, this is something that will change the history, it's something new and peculiar. Everyone must deal with the fact that technology controls the world.

Mio, my cute daughter! Amazing art by (you need an account to see links), thank you very much!