Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cryptocurrency - anybody in the space?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m

Cryptocurrency - anybody in the space?

I’ve posted about crypto before but that was years ago when things weren’t as buzz worthy as they are now. Unless you live under a rock, you’ve probably at least heard mention of it by now.

The total crypto market cap passed $1,000,000,000,000 not long ago and is fast approaching 2 trillion. BTC reaching new highs that nobody thought it would - along with a ton of other projects.

It's mind blowing how far the space is advancing. Technology moves so fast, always something new to learn and get involved with.

Anybody else dabble in the space or have any good projects they are watching?
    Last edited by j03; 03-14-2021 at 10:45 PM.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Crow (10-29-2021),MrSlowBro (03-15-2021),Painwheel (01-01-2022)

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,867 times
    Time Online
    563d 5h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Nice to see this being mentioned with what's been happening in the last month!

I've removed the bit about you talking about your assets, @(you need an account to see links). One should never openly share these numbers, you're essentially asking to get attacked by doing so.

I've also been following the crypto scene and find it pretty wild to be seeing all-time-high's getting smashed again and again. I can't imagine how it'll be once it's fully mainstream and adopted by more companies in the world.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

Crow (10-29-2021),Remy (12-05-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by j03 View Post
    Nice to see this being mentioned with what's been happening in the last month!

I've removed the bit about you talking about your assets, @(you need an account to see links). One should never openly share these numbers, you're essentially asking to get attacked by doing so.

I've also been following the crypto scene and find it pretty wild to be seeing all-time-high's getting smashed again and again. I can't imagine how it'll be once it's fully mainstream and adopted by more companies in the world.
    haha no worries, I’ve got my stuff locked down tighter a camels ass in a sandstorm.

Theres always pull backs though. BTC just pulled back like 7k today along with ETH which is a shame because I was trying to cash out a bit here soon.

The new buzzwords are the DeFi space and NFTs. I am still clueless on the point of NFTs but people are making BIG money off of it. It’s wild.

Are you invested in any coins right now @(you need an account to see links)? I’ve been keeping my ear to the ground for new projects, managed to get into a private sale that’s closing soon. Gonna lead me to making a pretty big play that I’m nervous about but I’m a firm believer in the whole “it takes money to make money” mentality.

I think once more people catch on, things will really take off. If Amazon accepts crypto, game over!

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,867 times
    Time Online
    563d 5h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    haha no worries, I’ve got my stuff locked down tighter a camels ass in a sandstorm.

Theres always pull backs though. BTC just pulled back like 7k today along with ETH which is a shame because I was trying to cash out a bit here soon.

The new buzzwords are the DeFi space and NFTs. I am still clueless on the point of NFTs but people are making BIG money off of it. It’s wild.

Are you invested in any coins right now @(you need an account to see links)? I’ve been keeping my ear to the ground for new projects, managed to get into a private sale that’s closing soon. Gonna lead me to making a pretty big play that I’m nervous about but I’m a firm believer in the whole “it takes money to make money” mentality.

I think once more people catch on, things will really take off. If Amazon accepts crypto, game over!
    That's a relief. Cold storage all the way!

I've been setting money aside every so often for crypto related investing. I look at all of this similarly to how the internet first came around. There's a lot of changes happening, with new tech being introduced and it's all really fascinating.

It's a good idea to at least read about this stuff every so often and have a good understanding. I've been teaching my friends and family about what I know so far if they express any interest.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,155 times
    Time Online
    550d 23h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    I find NFTs super interesting and want to learn more about them. I spend some time in generative art circles and it's certainly been buzzing, but I haven't followed it closely.

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by j03 View Post
    That's a relief. Cold storage all the way!

I've been setting money aside every so often for crypto related investing. I look at all of this similarly to how the internet first came around. There's a lot of changes happening, with new tech being introduced and it's all really fascinating.

It's a good idea to at least read about this stuff every so often and have a good understanding. I've been teaching my friends and family about what I know so far if they express any interest.
    Yep, cold storage is the move for most of the time. I taught my dad the basics awhile ago and he got us both nice hardware wallets. Nice perk! I also did some investing with him and my brother into a few ICOs year ago but the ones they got into didn’t have the crazy gains like some others.. so they lost interest.

I used to do a $100 buy for btc with each paycheck years ago but I stopped it. Wish I kept it going. My goal is to eventually get 1 btc but these climbing prices make me not want to pull from other places.

if you’re looking for new projects to get into, there are some hopefully having token sales in the next few months that I’ve had my eyes on. Most recently getting into Tacen. There’s Raze, t3rn, Holvi, center prime.

Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    I find NFTs super interesting and want to learn more about them. I spend some time in generative art circles and it's certainly been buzzing, but I haven't followed it closely.
    They are certainly interesting but I have no idea how they can be applied to the mainstream population as a whole. I get the buying a piece of artwork but for me I’d rather have the physical copy. Some things don’t translate well to digital, so I don’t quite understand. I feel like I’m missing a key idea/component there as people are making millions and millions in that space!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    38d 23h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m
    Shoutout to @(you need an account to see links) for helping me get started on my crypto journey! I'm very late to the game, but its exciting to get educated and actually start investing. Just gotta find a way to balance the rising crypto costs with continuous investment ; A;

userbar by the delightful (you need an account to see links)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Koto For This Useful Post:

Nattiee (03-15-2021),Painwheel (01-01-2022)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,155 times
    Time Online
    550d 23h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post

They are certainly interesting but I have no idea how they can be applied to the mainstream population as a whole. I get the buying a piece of artwork but for me I’d rather have the physical copy. Some things don’t translate well to digital, so I don’t quite understand. I feel like I’m missing a key idea/component there as people are making millions and millions in that space!

Yeah, these circles make art that works best digitally, if not only digitally, so it's not really matter of having a physical copy, but again, this knowledge stems mostly from slack notifications I don't follow up with.

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    Yeah, these circles make art that works best digitally, if not only digitally, so it's not really matter of having a physical copy, but again, this knowledge stems mostly from slack notifications I don't follow up with.
    Gotcha. In that case it makes total sense. But people out here selling video clips of Kobe Bryant and trading cards. I don’t understand that part at all haha

Quote Originally Posted by Koto View Post
    Shoutout to @(you need an account to see links) for helping me get started on my crypto journey! I'm very late to the game, but its exciting to get educated and actually start investing. Just gotta find a way to balance the rising crypto costs with continuous investment ; A;
    If you want bigger rewards with a bit more risk, look for the small cap coins that have some room to run. Bigger risks but much bigger rewards. My current crypto task is reviewing a number of small cap DeFi coins and probably throwing $1-3k into each of them and seeing what happens. They could stay around there, but small caps mean exponential growth.
    A prime example of this is DOT. I heard whispers about it and bought up 400 DOT tokens when it was about $4-5 a coin. A few weeks ago it hit almost $43 and is a top 10 coin. Gotta always be looking for the next runner like that, it’s tough!

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

kittyray (03-15-2021),Koto (03-15-2021),Nattiee (03-15-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    1d 21h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    My biggest hang-ups on crypto fall into two categories:

• Volatility (more speculators than folks who actually buy goods and services with crypto)
    • Environmental impact, with BTC alone consuming as much power as a moderately sized country

I recently bought some because I was interested in buying something that isn't easily obtainable in my country. I was then sad to find out that many vendors don't even accept BTC and I'd have to jump through odd hoops to get my hands on some Monero. If the traceability of BTC has been called into question, it has me wondering what sets it apart from fiat currency?

I think the environmental impact will be less of a problem as renewable energy gets ever cheaper. Even still, I guess my ultimate question is what are y'all seeing that I'm not?

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to twooldcat For This Useful Post:

bank_man (03-16-2021),Bellz (03-15-2021),Hare (04-08-2021)