Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I got accepted into the masters program!

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    233 times
    Time Online
    95d 14h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 5m
    Came back and read your post again but all I can say is your boss sucks and is abusing your kindness. She knows now from experience you will never keep standing your ground and decline (in her eyes!). Maybe you could make a post in (you need an account to see links) explaining the situation and ask for advice. The people on that subreddit are always really helpful and know such much more.

Ummie and Vape made by the awesome GWN

my own special userbar made by Lyrichord
    and the awesomest ryus made by GWN, Infected & Lyrichord

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Erik. For This Useful Post:

Danny Phantom (03-13-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/0
    Mentioned
    407 times
    Time Online
    122d 4h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    54m
    @(you need an account to see links)CONGRATULATIONS!

on the current job, i'm afraid i can't think of any useful advice. dick moves from your boss though

Ruygi
    Endlessly indebted to (you need an account to see links) for this cute adoptable and Ruygi and mario on my avatar!!
    Forever thanking (you need an account to see links) for the tweaked background and custom userbar on my profile
    Perpetual gratitude to (you need an account to see links) for the custom "super mario 1 up" userbar on my avatar
    In ultimate awe of (you need an account to see links)animation and art skill on my current avatar background, the animated
    super mario custom userbar and tying it together with the one from (you need an account to see links)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mario2302 For This Useful Post:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    114/0
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    6d 22h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    your boss is a prick but Congrats to youuu!!! <3

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MrSlowBro For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    11d 6h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    CONGRATULATIONS, @(you need an account to see links)! You've worked ridiculously hard, and it's clearly paid off! 🥳🎊🎈

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cookie Tray For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    🐈/🐱
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    327 times
    Time Online
    103d 5h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 41m
    CONGRATULATIONS

@(you need an account to see links). Such a huge accomplishment!!!

Thank you honeycomb | Thank you Hollow | Thank you Wooloo | Thank you hearts

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat Purrson For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    168 times
    Time Online
    41d 8h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Congrats!!! And good luck in the Program, but with your passion for it (as seen in the bake off) i'm sure you'll do amazing!

custom userbars by @lyrichord (argyle) and @charmander (guilmon ryu)! thank you so much!

"My name isn't Rob, but I'm Robbing"
    -Thieves 2020

@guil and @delibird

userbar by @charmander and art by @dankruse !

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Guil For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    127 times
    Time Online
    51d 20h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    Amazing userbar by the talented (you need an account to see links)

P O L T E R G E I S T

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Danny Phantom For This Useful Post:

Cookie Tray (03-14-2021)

Pronouns
    she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    95/0
    Mentioned
    505 times
    Time Online
    222d 5h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 54m
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Phantom View Post
    Firstly congrats!! That's a huge achievement
    I would love to do a master degree one day, too bad that I can't do it right now due to some personal things.... buuut, let's talk about your situation
    You're brazilian! yay *samba together*
    Most of brazilian law courses have a "N�cleo de Pr�tica Jur�dica", which is an internship where students that are almost graduating provides legal services for free for the community. Maybe they can help you negotiate with your boss. You should take a look into this.

About the brazilian legislation, I can help with the legal advice since I'm a lawyer (I'm not a labor lawyer though, but I do know some things that may help you):

Despite there's no specific laws about autistics in the workplace, I can try to help you with the existing laws:
    (you need an account to see links) says that the workplace should offer to people with disabilities equal opportunities with other people, under the terms of labor and social security legislation, in which the accessibility rules must be met, and reasonable adaptation in the work environment.

Since you have autism, you do have the right to have the routine adjusted for you. When law talks about equality, they mean that the workplace should offer equal conditions of work, not to treat you in the same way they treat the other workers. So in my point of view, you do have the right.

Plus, you said that they are not following the "guide" you signed for, right? Some labor contract modifications are allowed (you can read more here (you need an account to see links)) but they can't be harmful for you. Since you're autistic, this is another thing to pay attention.

I can't guarantee that if you ask in the court for your right, it will be granted. I don't have experience working with labor law, but I do have experience seeing judges blatantly disrespecting the laws. Plus, despite that it's illegal to fire you using your disability, we know that some places aren't willing to respect the laws, right?

Search for a N�cleo de Pr�tica Jur�dica and they're going to give you a better advice.

Good luck :3

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Menine For This Useful Post:

Cookie Tray (03-14-2021),Danny Phantom (03-13-2021),Mario2302 (03-14-2021),Sephora (03-13-2021)

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    127 times
    Time Online
    51d 20h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    Quote Originally Posted by Menine View Post
    Firstly congrats!! That's a huge achievement
    I would love to do a master degree one day, too bad that I can't do it right now due to some personal things.... buuut, let's talk about your situation
    You're brazilian! yay *samba together*
    Most of brazilian law courses have a "N�cleo de Pr�tica Jur�dica", which is an internship where students that are almost graduating provides legal services for free for the community. Maybe they can help you negotiate with your boss. You should take a look into this.

About the brazilian legislation, I can help with the legal advice since I'm a lawyer (I'm not a labor lawyer though, but I do know some things that may help you):

Despite there's no specific laws about autistics in the workplace, I can try to help you with the existing laws:
    (you need an account to see links) says that the workplace should offer to people with disabilities equal opportunities with other people, under the terms of labor and social security legislation, in which the accessibility rules must be met, and reasonable adaptation in the work environment.

Since you have autism, you do have the right to have the routine adjusted for you. When law talks about equality, they mean that the workplace should offer equal conditions of work, not to treat you in the same way they treat the other workers. So in my point of view, you do have the right.

Plus, you said that they are not following the "guide" you signed for, right? Some labor contract modifications are allowed (you can read more here (you need an account to see links)) but they can't be harmful for you. Since you're autistic, this is another thing to pay attention.

I can't guarantee that if you ask in the court for your right, it will be granted. I don't have experience working with labor law, but I do have experience seeing judges blatantly disrespecting the laws. Plus, despite that it's illegal to fire you using your disability, we know that some places aren't willing to respect the laws, right?

Search for a N�cleo de Pr�tica Jur�dica and they're going to give you a better advice.

Good luck :3
    Edit: Holy frick I forgot to add my thank-you to you - I'm super sorry, I'm getting loopy from sleepiness, haha! I hope you can join a masters program soon, there's so many amazing opportunities out there. ♥

Ooohh it's always nice to see other Brazilians around! *joins you on samba*

Thank you so, so much for the in-depth info on our current laws! I always get quite lost when trying to understand laws (this was actually a problem during uni as we need to learn about the Regulamento da Inspe��o Industrial e Sanit�ria de Produtos de Origem Animal for one of our subjects and I literally fell asleep reading it... more than once ) which is probably why I wasn't able to find anything - I was trying to look into specifics. I'll definitely take a closer look tomorrow on the links you showed me (since it's 1am and I just took my sleeping meds haha). I'll surely take those into account, talk to my therapist about the best approach to reach to my boss on this issue and give them the report my psychiatrist wrote. I was trying to adapt to this new routine, but it has been draining me way more than what I expected and I should listen to my friends who keep telling me that I should take care of myself before anything else. Thank you so much again, this information was extremely helpful!
    Last edited by Danny Phantom; 03-13-2021 at 11:09 PM.
    Amazing userbar by the talented (you need an account to see links)

P O L T E R G E I S T

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Danny Phantom For This Useful Post:

Cookie Tray (03-14-2021),Menine (03-13-2021)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    11d 6h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Phantom View Post
    There's no way you could have disclosed if you weren't diagnosed at the time, so I think you're safe on that end at least. Definitely talk some more with your lawyer friend and get the details if they're able to help! I think most workplaces would rather not have to deal with legal action so if it seems as though your boss might move in the direction of terminating your employment, you can mention the specific laws that she'd be breaking. Maybe she just needs a reminder if, after disclosing (if you choose to), she is being unreasonable.

I hope you and your therapist can come up with a good solution to what your boss is doing to you re: schedule changes/additional workload, because it isn't right. If she needs additional hours or a different schedule and her current employees can't handle it, she needs to hire someone else. It's even more disrespectful to you considering you've mentioned many times that you were working towards getting into the Masters program and you've already let her know in advance to be aware of your upcoming availability.

Again, I'm sorry you're stuck in this situation and having shutdowns as a result. I can only imagine how draining they are for you right now. Do you have anything to help you decompress after a shutdown? Or is there anyone living with you who can help you recover or help you keep you on schedule? I wish you were having an easier time.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Cookie Tray For This Useful Post:

Danny Phantom (03-14-2021)