ichumon.com

i wanted to take a second to pimp this site out because i wish more people played on it. unfortunately it has a very small population of active users and their forums are pretty dead, and to be honest, it's pretty lackluster in plots and stories compared to say...subeta or neopets. however, there is a pretty interactive public shoutbox where most of the users do their chatting.

but i think the thing that i like about it the most is that shit is attainable. i am an avid collector of plushies, avatars, and items so i get my daily dopamine fix from restocking r90-99s from the shops. there are only a few avatars that are expired so you should still be able to get most of them, even if you started playing today. every hour on the hour they have a game of "capture the flag" where you have a chance to win iP (the currency) and a rare/expensive item, as well as a game called SNAP! which is essentially similar to slap jack. there are bingo games every monday & wednesday as well as weekly competitions. flash put a damper on their games, but they do have quests/browser based games that you can still get iP from.

i think the best feature of ichumon, however, is their battle arena. it's an interactive RPG style game where you move your pet around a map and get in random battles while trying to find the correct teleportation to the boss' area. the monsters drop items and you gain EXP from each battle. you can also "summon" your ichie (i.e. petpet or your pet's pet) to assist in your battle. your ichies level up by players interacting with them from your profile. they can also evolve! your pet can collect "monster cards" as well as rare foods and books.

if you are a sort of casual, more personal pet site player (i.e. not a huge forum person/talker), i think you'll really like this website. the artwork is cute too and you can pay for/request custom items. if you join, be sure to refer me (DM me for my username) and i'll be happy to help you out.