29/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    19d 3h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m

Poetry books you love

I am just reading Rupi Kaur's newest, "home body" and I need to talk about it! She is such a talent and the little illustrations bring such life to them. The progression of her books are wonderful too. I think "milk and honey" chapters resonated with me most (hurting, loving, breaking, healing) but the opening of "home body" ("i am in the darkest room of my life") is so powerful.

Another wonderful collection in a similar style to Rupi's is "whisky words & a shovel I" by r.h. Sin.

"Swimming Lessons" by Lili Reinhart is high on my list to read too, I had a quick flick through in the bookstore and there were some really beautiful sentences in there.

Lastly, I have a book of E.E Cummings poetry which I believe there are a few editions of and may be country dependent, but his work is brilliant too. He is said to have written almost 3,000 poems! I recommend looking up his "let it go" and "i carry your heart" poems. Fun fact, I have a tattoo of the final line of "let it go" ("let all go dear so comes love").

Please share your favourite poets and their books!

(you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rio For This Useful Post:

carrottea (06-04-2021),Menine (03-09-2021)